Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tint

Above knee runners

Hi there, Im looking for advice on my above knee running prosthesis.

I currently use a Mauch xg knee with a flex run foot. This is fine for a light jog, but I am so frustrated with it!

Every time I turn the hydraulic adjuster to reduce heel rise to enable me to try to sprint, the knee randomly locks resulting in me hitting the deck.

What knees do other AKA runners use? And what modifications have you had to have?

I'd be really grateful of any advice

Hi there, Im looking for advice on my above knee running prosthesis.

I currently use a Mauch xg knee with a flex run foot. This is fine for a light jog, but I am so frustrated with it!

Every time I turn the hydraulic adjuster to reduce heel rise to enable me to try to sprint, the knee randomly locks resulting in me hitting the deck.

What knees do other AKA runners use? And what modifications have you had to have?

I'd be really grateful of any advice

Hi Tint,

For long distance running I use a Mauch gaitmaster(LP) with a flex run foot. On the knee I adjust all the dials to the right because I want it really loose for long runs. When I want to do sprint training I turn the top dial to the left until I get the right resistance. I hope that helps.

Hi there, thanks for your advice, I have found out that I can completely turn off the stance lock by simply flicking down the hydraulic lever at full extension. Duh!

Thanks again

Hi there, thanks for your advice, I have found out that I can completely turn off the stance lock by simply flicking down the hydraulic lever at full extension. Duh!

Thanks again

My Mauch does not have that lever because I was afraid of it moving while I'm running.

My Mauch does not have that lever because I was afraid of it moving while I'm running.

Ah yes you're right, it does flick back sometimes when the units under stress. I'll tape it up and give it another go I think