Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
mick

what gets me over the bad days

Having never been wrong...

How can you say that? :o You pixie, Jim! ;)

Lizzie :)

I've heard it said, that:The only time I was wrong, was when I thought I was wrong, when actually I was right.

Now, even I won't go that far. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Muz,

And if I say I have met Mick, you only have my word for it :blink:

Then again we could both be devs or wannabes in cahoots with each other!

What a strange virtual world this is :ph34r:

Lynne

I have no doubt about Mick's credentials. Only a real crazy person would claim to be ex Navy to another sailor as it's just too easy to see through ... and to check.

Yes I agree that I only have your word that you and Mick have met and as a person who has been on the end of some other sad git's fantasies myself I can see that it is easy to claim to have met someone when you haven't. However in your case I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to verify the facts.

It still puzzles me to this day why somebody would want to claim to have met me. It's not like I'm anybody special or famous. You just never know what weirdos are lurking nearby really. <_<

Just wanted to say great pictures Mick. It's wonderful to see what can be acheived with a little determination.

Best wishes, Mike.

Hi Mick,

Cracking pictures, keep up the good work... It's amazing to see what's achievable with a bit of determination. God knows what you'd be capable of if your lower leg really was hiding behind you in the picture :)

All the best

Mike

Scotland

Are all the pictures taken in Northumberland Mick?

I think they were really taken in the Fens and the hills were added later using the distort filter in Photoshop :P ;) :D

Are all the pictures taken in Northumberland Mick?

I think they were really taken in the Fens and the hills were added later using the distort filter in Photoshop :P ;) :D

Muz,

Why don't we take it a step further. Reality as we understand it is actually a complex computer simulation called the Matrix. Created by a malevolent Artificial Intelligence. Will Morpheus use this forum to contact "The One" who will lead humanity to freedom and overthrow the machines.? :P :D :D

Mick

Loved the pics, bought back some good memories.

Guest bearlover

As far as the title of this topic What gets me over the bad days...For me is knowing it could be much worse than what Iam going through..Iam thankful that I'm still alive and well. A little slower and maybe more pain but I am here and the amputation saved my life...What else gets me over the bad days..A rally wonderful caring most loving husband in the world...! :)

Wow, what a post eh!

Went from one leg <_<

Up to two :angry:

Then up to a three legged giant :lol: :lol: :lol:

& now I am back as a one legger again. :angry:

On a serious note I would like to thank you all for your comments (most of them) and big thanks to all of you that pm”d me,

As for Lizzie, I was put out with her comments. :angry:

But after a bit of time to think about it: - full marks for coming out and asking, (you could have been a bit more diplomatic about it) ;)

But what I cant get over is why was my profile photo caused some member(s) to be distressed in the first place after all its just a picture it cant bite or anything, maybe you need to get out a bit more & who looks at profiles any way ???

And why certain members discussed was I or wasn’t I an amputee. WHY didn’t you simply ask I have no problems with show n tell? Maybe that was a bit too easy eh!

On that note I will simply fade slowley into the background, I will still visit this site as I joined to seek out information which to me is knowledge, and that’s what I need more than anything. So once again thanks n take care ……………Mick

No fading allowed Mick!!!

How else will I get my sorry butt out there and take to the hills????

Too many of us don't have a benchmark to measure our progress. I'd like to think that you've become one of those benchmarks for a number of people on this forum.

:)

On that note I will simply fade slowley into the background, I will still visit this site as I joined to seek out information which to me is knowledge, and that’s what I need more than anything. So once again thanks n take care ……………Mick

And your going to fade away because...........?? Because you choose to is enough reason, but...... if it has to do with the posts, then I ask WHY? You seem like the kind of person that perserveres no matter what.

Someone questioned you and you stood up to it and answered the question. Quite well, I might add. Unfortunately, I have found that not everyone that I deal with does things my way. Diplomacy, is nice when you can find it, but sometimes well intentions are sometimes misspelled.

By leaving, as Ally said, you are denying many your expertise and enthusiasm.

But then again.......That is your choice. If any one were to ask me, I would vote for you to stay.......but, no one asked. I'm still voting however. :angry::angry: It's just my way and it may not please everyone - either. :P :P

Next we will all have to "prove it" to be here. Identification Cards with a picture of our stumps on it??? What a crappy thread this turn out to be. Just another "bad day" I guess.

Guest bearlover
Next we will all have to "prove it" to be here. Identification Cards with a picture of our stumps on it??? What a crappy thread this turn out to be. Just another "bad day" I guess.

:lol: :P :lol: My stump is very easy to identify.. :lol:

First, I don't think Lizzie was out of line questioning you about the authenticity of your pictures. She felt there was something amiss and questioned it. I think we all went on a bit of a learning curve one-way or another with Lizzie’s questions :D I didn’t know there were such things as forums for amputees until a search for something else amp related turned up a few links. I can confidently say that I have benefited from the forum and all its contributors (which means you as well). I followed the threads for about a month before I joined and started adding my tupence worth.

I don’t think you should fade away, I for one have still got a lot to learn.

Mick

My profile photo was taken before the accident. If questioned, I would certainly post a photograph of me now but I would draw the line at a picture of my wife (who I dearly love) since she is still healing.

Mick, stick around for the fun times and the learning experiences. Or not, as you please.

BTW, it seems that the B_____s that surf the web looking for amp photos are mostly men, so you and I are pretty safe.

Wow, what a post eh!

Went from one leg <_<

Up to two :angry:

Then up to a three legged giant :lol: :lol: :lol:

& now I am back as a one legger again. :rolleyes:

On a serious note I would like to thank you all for your comments (most of them) and big thanks to all of you that pm”d me,

As for Lizzie, I was put out with her comments. :angry:

But after a bit of time to think about it: - full marks for coming out and asking, (you could have been a bit more diplomatic about it) ;)

But what I cant get over is why was my profile photo caused some member(s) to be distressed in the first place after all its just a picture it cant bite or anything, maybe you need to get out a bit more & who looks at profiles any way ???

And why certain members discussed was I or wasn’t I an amputee. WHY didn’t you simply ask I have no problems with show n tell? Maybe that was a bit too easy eh!

;)

Mick, my name is ann(eag)..I will take up for no-one....I know it really hit you, but she was just looking out for naive people like me. Until I joined another forum, I didn't even know what a devo was!!! I guess that's what they are called. They are very unhealthy and really make me sick!!!!

So, don't continue to be upset....I do believe you were offered an apology. After all we all make mistakes.

Thanks for listening to me. ;) ;)

"Bearlover" I don't know if mine is easy to identify of not!!! :blink::blink: I don't think I have ever seen anyone elses :rolleyes::angry::angry:

Mick,

I'm sorry that you feel the need to "fade" away and I most sincerely hope that you stay and add to the lovely rainbow of people on this forum. After Lizzie apologized in front of everyone for her questioning you, I had hoped that this thread would died a quick and quiet death... However, that seems like it isn't going to happen...

You are as valueable to this forum as anyone else. I read some of your posts back when I first started here, before your absencence. (hope I spelled that right)

The one thing that I have learned is that everyone tries, to look out for each of us... I myself, have been on the recieving end of some of the devo's and perverts that seem to want to hang on bugging me.... it's not fun.

I do however, think that there were more private and tactful ways to of handled this situation...I hope you stay and be the good contributing member that I know you have been in the past.....

So, with all of that said, could everyone please, let this thread die a quick and painless death...

There is so much more in life that is important to us.

Higgy