Heather

Should Heather Write???  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Should Heather Write???

• Yes, It Would Be Great..!
    • Its Her Decision...
    • No...

;) Hi, Its Me Again, Niki...

:P Ive Been Thinking To Myself Latley That It Would Be Nice To Read A More Personal Note From Heather Every Now And Again... :rolleyes:

Not On Any Type Of Regular Basis, But A Small Note Any Time She Felt The Need Would Be Greatly Appreciated...

:D It would Be Nice To Hear Some Of Her Own Opinions On Her Website...

No Pressure Heather....

What Do You Think???

I agree lets here from Heather...... :D

I think it would be really nice if Heather could give us all some encouraging words,it would make it much more real for us,if she could endorse her site in some way.

Blossom :wub::blink::wub:

:D :huh: HEY ITS ME AGAIN!!!

SORRY I WAS OUT OF TOUCH FOR A WHILE, BUT PLEASE DONT FORGET ABOUT MY POLL!!! :huh:

Yes, I would like to hear from Heather. Possibly, she could let us know what type of prosthesis she has. I saw her take it off and put it on the table on the Larry King show. That gave me more confidence when I was told I needed an amputation. I wanted the same attitude and spirit that she has. :)

Guest Oliver

Hiya I joined this group today and think it is pretty cool how many members there are already! I answered the poll you set up Niki and would like to join you all in saying to Heather that it would be brilliant if she would post regular messages onto the site for us to read and be inspired by. I am reading her book at the moment and would like to say that her struggles have been horrendous and I am so pleased and even quite proud that she is where she is today and think she totally deserves all the good things she has now.

I hope Heather reads this and starts to post messages to the site that would be really good!

hope to hear from the rest of you soon love J (the newest member!)xxxx

She told me she does write. I don't know her screen name though.

Hi everyone

have you noticed on the sites homepage that Heather does post notes for all visiting the site?

There is a new note being put their soon.

Ampskier wrote

'She told me she does write. I don't know her screen name though.'

Now shall we start a 'cyber cluedo' game trying to figure it out? :D

Personaly I think it is up to Heather, if she wish's to post but if she did in her own name it could be envisaged that she would have too many responses for her to be able read or answer.

Just my IMO.

regards as ever

Steve

HEATHER , HEATHER , HEATHER , HEATHER .................

Oh yes , it would be GREAT to have her drop us a note here if she has the time . I wonder is she has any idea of the impact she has made to the lives of the people she has touched ... such as those people here on this forum .

I agree, it would be really nice to hear from Heather and perhaps a picture of the baby as well. :)

Sheila

Heather and I talked about the forum when we were riding the chair. She does post here but I think she does it incognito. Maybe MJ is really Heather? She does look a little like her and MJ said she lost her leg in a motor cycle accident.....

Sorry MJ Justy trying to get things stirred up here :lol:

ET

Hi Eric , sorry but i have nothing on Heather ... actually , nnot even close . She is better looking by a huge amoun t ... but , thanks for the complimant . I howevr said that i ws in a motor VEHICLE accident ... i just RODE bkes . Sheesh , i f i lokked like here , i would .. oh , never mind ..................

This is nothing agenst you Heather, You are still beautiful. But she's not nearly as good looking in real life as she is in person. You can do a lot with airbrushing and computers. But then I've never seen MJ in real life...

Eric

I saw Heather on the Michael Parkinson show a while ago, this was before I new I would be having an amputation, she looked fab, now if I could have a leg like the one she had I would be very happy. Anyone know how much they cost so I can start saving!!!! Do you think they'll take my Gold Card. :huh:

I think it would be great to hear from her, whenever I go to hospital the orthopaedic consultants always use her as an example of what to expect after the operation, which is great but we don't all have access to huge amounts of money. :(

Pam

Cheshire, UK

Hi everyone,

I found that everyone, before and after my amp, tended to use Heather as an example of what amputees can achieve. Most of all people ended with " and look who she ended up marrying" . I kept telling everyone that i too married Paul, trouble is my Paul has a lot less hair, a lot less money (funny that cos he was loaded when i met him !!) but a much bigger beer belly.

As you say Pam, it would be lovely to be able to afford to go private for a new limb, as my husband is always saying " you can`t buy your health but it helps make it better."

i also think it would be to great to hear from heather too.some of us have not the same finances as her to be able to get the best leg so just a word now and again would be great

I don't think it's anybody else's business, if she wants to post she can post annonymously... if she owned up to who she was, there is a risk she would be followed around by sycophants.

I'd prefer if she wants to post, that I don't know who she is....the value of what she says would be obvious, it doesn't matter what the username is, that's to some extent what these forums are about. It's what's typed, not who types it, that's important

Oneblueleg,

I agree with you there. If I were her I would at least check out the site as often as I could to make sure it was running the way I wanted it to and probably would post annonymously..

This site has so much to offer so many so lets just be happy it is running so well and we have a bunch of great people who contribute..

I think that would be super. I doubt there's an amputee who knows of her that doesn't have tremendous respect and admiration of her. Being fairly new to being an amputee, there are still some very sad days in my life that I try hard to fight off. When those moments come, I think of Heather and how well she has done to gain a life back and I feel perhaps I can do it, too. What's so tough is not having personal contact with other amputees, everyone I know and meet still has two good natural legs underneath them and really have no idea what we go through at first. It can be a real shocker when one loses a precious limb. Having broken a leg a number years back, I knew that in time I'd be back on both my limbs. This time, I know I'll never have it back and there's no one to turn to to sit and discuss it with. Whenever I hear Heather is going to be on TV, I make sure to see her for encouragement.