Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Gil Davis

For Thanksgiving (or any time)

This method ensures that the chicken is done but not dried out.

BAKED STUFFED CHICKEN

(can be easily adapted to turkey)

6-7 lb Chicken

1 cup melted butter

1 cup stuffing

1 cup uncooked popcorn

salt/pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Brush the chicken well with melted butter, salt and pepper. Fill cavity with a mixture of stuffing and popcorn. Place in a baking pan with the neck toward the front of the oven.

Listen for popping sounds. When the chicken blows the oven door open and flies across the room. it's done.

Gil Davis

Thanks, Gil... I needed a good laugh! :lol:

:angry: and there I was thinking that I would finally be able to add one more thing to my repertoire of cooking (which currently encompasses various "things" on toast)!

:lol: :lol:

Excellent Gil I now have something to try at Xmas :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

:angry: and there I was thinking that I would finally be able to add one more thing to my repertoire of cooking (which currently encompasses various "things" on toast)!

:lol: :lol:

Now Ally I don't believe that for one second

I seem to remember you cooked chicken for a very long time not too long ago :lol: :P So I know you can do better than "things" on toast.

For those who don't know the story..well look what I found........

http://www.heathermillsmccartney.com/forum...ost&p=28591

:o OMG - will I ever live that one down!

But remember my dear, I live with mum....poor thing......I just ATE chicken for the longest time ever.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sigh - well, I may as well share my latest on-line shopping adventure (this girl just never learns...)

We have dogs and they get chicken livers and rice every night. So I ordered 10kg's of rice. Unfortunately, they list Kellogs Rice Crispies as "popped rice" and somehow we landed up with....well....loads of Rice Crispies, and I don't even eat breakfast :angry:

So much for the joys of on-line shopping.

Anyone for breakfast then?

:angry:

Sigh - well, I may as well share my latest on-line shopping adventure (this girl just never learns...)

We have dogs and they get chicken livers and rice every night. So I ordered 10kg's of rice. Unfortunately, they list Kellogs Rice Crispies as "popped rice" and somehow we landed up with....well....loads of Rice Crispies, and I don't even eat breakfast :angry:

:angry:

Ahhh...you poor love....you really need some cookery lessons, don't you? Here's a 'tried and trusted' recipe for Rice Krispie cakes. :) Erm...and perhaps you could do with some (online) shopping lessons too? ;)

Lizzie :)

We have dogs and they get chicken livers and rice every night. So I ordered 10kg's of rice. Unfortunately, they list Kellogs Rice Crispies as "popped rice" and somehow we landed up with....well....loads of Rice Crispies, and I don't even eat breakfast :blink:

:rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How I would love to spend a week at your place sometime, just to observe......and eat "things" on toast. :lol: :lol:

Gil, the recipes are getting better. I hear that they are looking for someone to replace this top

chef. If you wear a white hat on nobody will know the difference :P .

hahahahahahaha Sparky

Guest bearlover
Gil, the recipes are getting better. I hear that they are looking for someone to replace this top
chef. If you wear a white hat on nobody will know the difference :P .

Really cute Sparkey!!! :lol: :lol: :P

Oh, Sparky, THANK YOU! I just LOVE the Swedish Chef, and I haven't seen him in AGES!

We have dogs and they get chicken livers and rice every night. So I ordered 10kg's of rice. Unfortunately, they list Kellogs Rice Crispies as "popped rice" and somehow we landed up with....well....loads of Rice Crispies, and I don't even eat breakfast :blink:

:rolleyes:

You can always mix them with all of the chickens that you got awhile back. <_< Chicken over rice.........crispies. You may be on to something there. :blink::rolleyes:

And you can make lots of good ole Rice Krispy Treats. Yummy!

Sparky

There is an amazing resemblance. I must look into this further.

Ally here are a couple of recipes that you could use to further your culinary career. Both are vedy, vedy British. And so:

TOAD IN THE HOLE

Serves 4

12 pork sausages, about 2oz each

1 proper, imperial pint (20 fl.oz) milk

8oz plain flour

2 eggs (European size 3 or equivalent)

salt

oil or lard for roasting

Blend together the milk, flour, eggs and salt to make a batter. If possible, let this stand for half an hour or so before continuing. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees C (425 degrees F, gas mark 8). Lay the sausages in a large oblong roasting tin, oiled if not non-stick, and cook in the oven until they have produced a thin layer of fat - about 10 minutes. (If the sausages are very lean, you may need to add a little oil or lard to help them along.)

When the fat in the tin is very hot, remove the tin from the oven and pour the batter BETWEEN the sausages, taking care not to cover them completely. Return the tin to the top shelf of the oven and cook for a further 20 to 40 minutes (this will depend on the depth of the batter in your tin), until the batter is risen and deep golden-brown on top and is beginning to shrink from the sides of the tin. Serve immediately, with mashed potatoes and baked beans, or with Clive's Cauliflower Cheese

SPOTTED DICK

2 oz plain flour

1 tsp baking powder

1/2 teaspoon mixed spice

pinch of salt

2 oz shredded suet

1 oz white or brown sugar

4 oz currants

2 oz fresh breadcrumbs

1 egg, beaten

4-5 tbsp milk

Butter a 1.5 pint pudding basin. Sift the flour, baking powder, spice and salt into a mixing bowl and mix in the suet, sugar, fruit and bread- crumbs. Stir in the egg and sufficient milk to produce a soft consistency that drops off the spoon in 5 seconds.

Turn the mixture into the pudding basin, which should be two-thirds full. Cover with greased foil or a snap-on lid (the plastic container from a 2 lb Christmas pudding is worth saving for this purpose.) Steam for 2 to 2.5 hours. When cooked, remove the cover and allow the pudding to shrink slightly, then cover the basin with a hot serving plate, hold it firmly and invert. Lift off the basin to leave the pudding on the plate.

Serve hot with custard.

Either of these is excellent for breakfast.

BAKED STUFFED CHICKEN

6-7 lb Chicken

1 cup melted butter

1 cup stuffing

1 cup uncooked popcorn

salt/pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Brush the chicken well with melted butter, salt and pepper. Fill cavity with a mixture of stuffing and popcorn. Place in a baking pan with the neck toward the front of the oven.

Listen for popping sounds. When the chicken blows the oven door open and flies across the room. it's done.

Gil Davis

:blink::blink: You know Gil, when I read the subject line, I was going to tell you how I was going to soak my turkey in Brine this year (suppose to be much better) and then I read your recipe.....geewhiz I think I will give yours a try!!!!!!! :rolleyes::blink::rolleyes:

BAKED STUFFED CHICKEN

6-7 lb Chicken

1 cup melted butter

1 cup stuffing

1 cup uncooked popcorn

salt/pepper to taste

Gil Davis

I was going to soak my turkey in Brine this year (

Something smells fishy here............... :rolleyes:

A young man named John received a parrot as a gift. Every word out of the bird’s mouth was rude, obnoxious and laced with profanity.

John tried and tried to change the bird’s attitude by consistently saying only polite words, playing soft music and anything else he could think of the ‘clean up’ the bird’s vocabulary.

Finally, John was fed up and he yelled at the parrot. The parrot yelled back. John shook the parrot and the parrot got angrier and even ruder. In desperation, John threw up his hands, grabbed the bird and put him in the freezer.

For a few minutes the parrot squawked and kicked and screamed, and then suddenly there was total silence. Not a peep was heard for over a minute. Fearing that he’d hurt the parrot, John quickly opened the door to the freezer.

The parrot calmly stepped out onto John’s outstretched arms and in a polite voice said. “I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions. I am sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions and I fully intend to do everything I can to correct my rude and unforgivable behavior.”

John was stunned at the change in the bird’s attitude. He was about to ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in his behavior, when the bird spoke up again.

“May I ask what the turkey did?” <_<

--Bill

:D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds like it would just hit the spot. :huh:

Thanksgiving Dinner With A Twist-Off

(CBS 3) SEATTLE If you don’t have enough time to cook up Thanksgiving dinner, how about drinking it down?

Jones Soda Company out of Seattle is selling soft drinks flavored like the holiday favorites and all the trimmings.

You can pour a glass of Turkey and Gravy soda, Sweet Potato Soda, Pea Soda and even have a Dinner Roll soda on the side. If that liquid meal gives you a bit of indigestion, wash it down with some Antacid soda.

The bizarre beverages are available in select stores throughout the country.

(© MMVI, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

-Bill

OMG........ :huh:

YUKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK :lol:

Sounds like it would just hit the spot. :huh:

Thanksgiving Dinner With A Twist-Off

(CBS 3) SEATTLE If you don't have enough time to cook up Thanksgiving dinner, how about drinking it down?

Jones Soda Company out of Seattle is selling soft drinks flavored like the holiday favorites and all the trimmings.

You can pour a glass of Turkey and Gravy soda, Sweet Potato Soda, Pea Soda and even have a Dinner Roll soda on the side. If that liquid meal gives you a bit of indigestion, wash it down with some Antacid soda.

The bizarre beverages are available in select stores throughout the country.

(© MMVI, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

-Bill

:D :D Bill, were have you been hiding?

Ally this should help with your cooking:

PREPARING A TURKEY

1: Go buy a turkey

2: Take a drink of whiskey, or JD

3: Put turkey in the oven

4: Take another two drinks of whiskey

5: Set the degree at 375 ovens

6: Take 3 more whiskeys of drink

7: Turn oven the on

8: Take 4 whisks of drinky