Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Cat

The Long Thread

* Purrrrrrrrr*

Next question

You have an open ticket in your hand to go anywhere in the world for 4 weeks.

Where do you go?

Next question

You have an open ticket in your hand to go anywhere in the world for 4 weeks.

Where do you go?

Where ever my mood takes me, Cat, as I'm feeling impulsive at the moment. :unsure:

It must be somewhere where I can feel the elements...it mustn't be too hot...more importantly, there must be a good supply of chocolate...:P Any suggestions? :blink:

Lizzie :)

That's a tough one,

My girlfriend has been traveling since Feb and won't be back until Feb next year (only 10 weeks to go!!) so I'd kind of like to fly to New Zealand to see her.

But in ten weeks time my answer will be Cozumel Mexico. I used to stop there once every 2 weeks when I worked on a cruise ship and fell in love with the place its just really chilled out, the food is great (had the best burger ever just off the town square) and the people are really nice. If that's not enough then there's always the beautiful beaches, great fishing and almost endless places to scuba dive.

Hell I can't wait where's this ticket you're offering?????

I would go to Alaska, preferably in September for the Equinox Marathon. But mostly for the vast wilderness. Failing that the Galapagos Islands would do.

Oh, boy..... what a decision! Can't see the entire world in four weeks (though that would be my choice if it were possible)... so I guess I'd have to see just a portion. A friend just devoted a full month to Australia and loved the experience... I've always wanted to see the Scandinavian countries (Sweden especially, since my family hails from there), and I've always wanted to tour Britain.

Maybe I could combine the two? Is that allowed, Cat?

It's a ticket to anywhere Cheryl :)

I would love to go to the US and spend the time touring although I know I would still only see a tiny fraction of it. So far we have been to California (LA and San Diego) and Florida (Orlando) and I know that there is so much more to the US than those.

Sue

There is nowhere in particular that I have an overwhelming urge to go to, just loads of places I would like to visit as I have not been outside of Europe and America. I suppose the area I want to go to is Asia so lets put Thailand on the top of the list, my brother seemed to like it.

Hopefully will have some information trips soon :D

Yes, she does, Neal, but it's for me :P So does that answer the question???

The guest room is always ready :D

I'd use the 4 weeks on a whirlwind trip to the UK with at least a day in Paris spending my life savings and doing some shopping. This is a fantasy ticket so I'd make sure I was up the pointy end of the plane in the comfy seats. :P

Next Question

Imagine you have written a book about your life......What's the title?

Something along the lines of, "It Could Be Worse....." The book, of course, would have to be both truthful and upbeat... kind of like HERE!

CORRECTING THE PROBLEMS - CREATED BY ... CORRECTING THE PROBLEMS.

It is the title of a book that I started in 1991, about the amputation and subsequent surgeries.

One of these days I'll finish it, but I tell people that I had to go back and do some more research. :) I had gone through only 14 operations at that time. Now it's up to 43.

<_< <_< If I wrote a book about my life, it would certainly be something like; NAIVE LADY LEARNS THE ROPES. :) :) :)

The reaper went on holiday just when I needed him

It would probably have to be one of two titles......

This World I "Walk" In.. or....... Walking In My World....

Higgy

I'm late, I know, but work has kept me sort of busy the last few days with not much computer time..

If I were to have a fantasy ticket, I would have to say Australia would be my destination...for 3 reasons.....

1) I have some fantastic friends, and aquaintances that live there that I would love to see again.

2) I have some fantastic friends that would be there also

3) I would love to see some of the Australia outback.... I think it would be awesome......

I know this is out of sequence, but I still wanted to answer it...

Higgy

Hi all,

From today I'm going to post a new question in this thread every day for you all to answer.

Some will be serious, some funny, some might be just a little silly.

The rules are......

Post one answer for each question.

Once I post a new question don't post things in regards to the previous question.

I will post my answer before I post the next question.

Clear as mud? :lol:

Question of the day is...

Who, outside of your close family, motivates you the most?

I had to learnon my onw so there was no PT just get up and on with life and learn on my own how to do stuff and just do it. Only recently I managed to get up on the roof and do some stuff with my sat dish. So there goes another challange. Guess I movtervate myslef.

Next Question

If you were an animal what would you be?

(I told you some of these would be just silly) :lol: :lol:

I would be my dog Bud whom I have had for the past 21 years and 8 months. He is my soul and mate for life. I would love to know what they think and would say to us. God bless them. I also have a 7 week old pug kind of a resuce. ;)

You have a special friend Higgy, that is something to cherish for life. :D

I'd have to say that my husband is my "special friend".. He's my heart...

The friendships that I have made during the conference are very dear to me... I hold them in very high reguard.

Stinker,

I had a physical therapist when I got hurt and my amputation was done, but I really had no one to talk with about all of this. I was the sole amputee in this area and didn't have anyone to discuss things with.

My therapist was all about rebuilding my muscles to strengthen them... granted, she had her hands full and it was appropriate of her to concentrate on getting the "whole" body built back up, not just teaching me about the prosthesis... as a matter of fact, I think I taught her as well as her teaching me.. What I know, I have learned either from myself, other amps on this board and another one, or from the conference and the friends and seminars there.. That was the best information I could of possibly gotten...

Give your old friend a hug for me..... at his age, he deserves it.... wished mine had lived that long...she was 14 when she became an angel able to run again....

Higgy

It's hard to say which animal I would be......

My big beautiful powerful bay mare, running free with the wind in her mane,and that onery twinkle in her eye, her breath blowing gently, or the red tailed hawk that resides in our back yard... he flies high and easily.. always the watcher on our property... somehow, when he is soaring on the wind currents over the fields and timbers behind the house, he always seem so content and satisfied with his life.....

Either one seems very nice.....