Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Cat

The Long Thread

Nothing! :rolleyes: We have relocated so many times I lost count. I think my husband finally found a secure and reallly good job now. So we will be STUCK here! I would rather be back home with family and friend my comfort zone.

If you look for new friends you will find them. It just takes a little effort.

JudyH

Your door prize will be arriving by courier soon Cheryl.

It will be in the shape of a door :lol:

Does this mean I don't have to answer your last question?

:o .........NO! You have to answer it or Cheryl get's YOUR door :rolleyes:

I love the fact that I can take a great big lungfull of fresh air when I step outside and I can walk left to be in my village high street or right to be in the middle of 'nowhere'.

Thanks for this thread Cat, it's been fun (and at times a little disturbing :rolleyes: )

I love the fact that I can take a great big lungfull of fresh air when I step outside and I can walk left to be in my village high street or right to be in the middle of 'nowhere'.

Thanks for this thread Cat, it's been fun (and at times a little disturbing :huh: )

So that's where the middle of nowhere is......thanks Hazel I've always wondered about that.

Well this is it folks..........the last question. At some point over the next 24 hours we will go over 1000 posts in this thread. Then I'm going to have a little break and NOT think of a new question every day :P

Thank you for sharing a bit about yourselves. :)

Next Question

What do you love about where you live?

Well, what I love about where I live is the room to stretch and breathe.... I have grown up on this land that I live on, and walked every part of it at one or another. I have had both my tears and my blood fall into the soil, joining those of my ancestors and loved ones for the last 170 plus years.....but, the one thing I have found, even though this place is "home" is that I keep "home" with me where ever I go....It's always in my heart and always will be no matter where I am. Now, back to the question.... I love the mid west because of the good family values and the great people... It might be farm country, but I wouldn't trade it....

The mix of people, the variety and culture, the way the river looks as you travel over it on a sunny winter's day, the fact that you never need to be bored for a minute, cycling round it on a quiet weekend morning, the theatre, the good restaurants, the great pubs, the beautiful architecture, the way that you come across really nice enclaves of it that you have never been to before just totally by accident, the parks in the summer, the way I feel like I still don't know it well even though I have lived here 5 years, the fact that it feels like my first proper "home" since I left my parent's house, and lastly, the fact that my lovely boyfriend lives there with me!!

Whew I will stop there - congrats on reaching the 1000 posts everyone!

Soooo... who's going to be lucky post #1000? You should've arranged door prizes for this, Cat!

DARN IT, DARN IT. I was trying to be the 1000th post. I knew I should have stayed up longer. I was so close. On a funny note.... My wife and I went to the Washinton Zoo a few years ago and they were waiting(and counting) to see was going to be the 1000000th visitor to see the pandas. Long story short, guess who it was???? No, not me. I was #999999. My wife??? no, because some nuckle head squeezed in between us. We watched ourselves (and the nuckle head) on the news later that day. My wives 15 min. of fame was ripped away. To this day, when she sees or hears about the pandas at the zoo, she gets this disgusting look on her face. Enjoy your door Cheryl :P

Great! Another door for the collection! I've already taken my sliding shower doors off and stacked them in a corner... now they'll have some company!

Ah.....my home :D 5 times voted the world's most liveable city.

It's probably easier to note what we don't have B)

It sometimes gets a bit hot, but never gets too cold.

We sit on a glorious bay with lovely beaches all around.

Surrounded by world class sport stadiums, bike tracks, some of the best resteraunts in the country, coffee shops everywhere you look.

20 minutes by car to our lovely city, 10 minutes the other way to the beach, 15 minutes in another direction and you are out in the fresh country air.

A wonderful mix of people from all over the world.

In a lot of ways we are very isolated and we love it that way.

Just a lovely place to live :D

Thanks everyone for contributing to this thread. It's been a blast

THE END :lol:

Guest bearlover
Great! Another door for the collection! I've already taken my sliding shower doors off and stacked them in a corner... now they'll have some company!

One can never have enough doors! :lol: :lol:

Guest bearlover

Nothing! :huh: We have relocated so many times I lost count. I think my husband finally found a secure and reallly good job now. So we will be STUCK here! I would rather be back home with family and friend my comfort zone.

JudyH

Friends are not the problem or issue!

Your door prize will be arriving by courier soon Cheryl.

It will be in the shape of a door :lol:

Does this mean I don't have to answer your last question?

:o .........NO! You have to answer it or Cheryl get's YOUR door :huh:

Cheryl, where do I send the garage door?

If you promise to send it WITH the garage attached, Sparky, I'll give you delivery instructions.

First I want to thank you CAT for the delightful thread you came up with....it has been fun & you will have to start another one after your vacation.....am sorry its over :(

Now about my place on earth....also mid-west (Ohio to be exact)...lots of farm country, small old towns but yet the conveniences of larger towns close by. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else...born and raised here. :)

Nothing! :blink: We have relocated so many times I lost count. I think my husband finally found a secure and reallly good job now. So we will be STUCK here! I would rather be back home with family and friend my comfort zone.

JudyH

Friends are not the problem or issue!

If it is family you are missing try and find a way to keep in touch frequently. email, letters, phone, cell phone post cards. Get creative - I hope you get to move closer to home soon. There is nothing like family.

JudyH

Guest bearlover

It is more the quality of life...I see famlily qiuite a bit..Many people move and don't like the area. It is qite common.