Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Cat

The Long Thread

Saturday, my side of the family had our Christmas get-together....had a great time!! ate way too much but as I said had a great time.

Sunday, put up our Christmas tree.....really do love Christmas decorating.....oh, and hubby took care of the outside lights and they are on. Now I have to start wrapping...(which I hate to do) because I usually wait too late to start. :) :) Still have alot of shopping that needs to be done.

It's Monday morning here. Saturday was spent shopping for food in the morning and taking my two girls out for new winter coats in the afternoon (much to their disgust - but not mine - we don;t get snow here).

Sunday was housework, and then we had our Christingle service in the afternoon. Also got the Christmas cards out but didn;t get around to starting to write them.

Sue

As I work Saturdays my weekend is Sunday-Monday.

Sunday I was up early and off to a Limbkids Xmas party to meet the kids and talk to the parents. Then it was off home and a little housework then up to the supermarket, then back home more housework cooked dinner and watched a funny Robin Williams film. Haven't had a belly laugh like that in ages :lol:

Monday I went and saw my leg guy and it seems I'm getting another new leg :huh:

Then, in the afternoon I took my Bride to the hospital so they could have a look in her tummy with a camera. The results came back as excellent by the way.

Cooked a big dinner and watched Johnny Depp in Pairates of the Carribbean Part 2

Next Question

What's the best Live concert you have been to?

For second place it is a tie between Elton John and Jimmy Buffett. Both are guys who really love their jobs! Also, Bette Midler has to be on the list.

The absolute best live concert was at the old Winterland in San Francisco. The bill was the Grateful Dead, Jimi Hendrix, Big Brother and the Holding Company, Jefferson Airplane and Country Joe and the Fish. Papa John Creach appeared with the Airplane (later to re-form as Hot Tuna). I was looking at college at Cal or Stanford in those days and happened onto this event. It was a benefit concert, but I can't remember for what.

I am having flashbacks! DAMN! Peace. Love. Good vibes. Where's my tie-dye?

-m-

The weekend was spent working on my daughter's car, really useful being able to take my legs off to work underneath it.

Went to see the Rolling Stones this summer.

Reba macentire, Clint Blace, and Vince Gill. This concert was 2 weeks after Reba lost her band to an airplane crash. The concert was a smash to say the least. It was like 3 concerts in one.

Oh, gosh... too wide a variety to pick a single "best!" But a few really great ones...........

The first time I saw Bette Midler. She wasn't "big-big" at that point, more "almost big." Fairly small concert hall, fifth row center seat, and she worked her little (mermaid) tail off!

The second time I saw The Blasters. It was one of their first major-venue concerts: they'd been pretty much a club band until then. Close to 5000 people all standing and dancing in the asiles, the security staff trying to make them all sit down and behave, and the band members hollering at the security guys to "back off and let them dance!"

Nigel Kennedy, a night of solo violin that ranged from classical standards to the Dead and Jimi Hendrix. In a "civic theatre" where the majority of the crowd didn't know him OR what to expect. Didn't matter... he was mesmerizing!

Ella Fitzgerald and Joe Pass, at the old Westwood Playhouse. Just the two of them and a small rhythm section, in a tiny, tiny garden theatre, making magic!

Just about ANY time I've seen Manhattan Transfer has been special in SOME way.....

And finally, let's not talk about the time I held in my hand a box-seat ticket to see The Beatles at the Hollywood Bowl... and my mom wouldn't let me go because I had a cold!

My all time favorite in concert is Billy Joel. Have seen him several times and each time was great. Buffet is always good and of course the Rolling Stones. :P <--- which tour was that?

Next Question

What's the best Live concert you have been to?

Elvis - 1972 fantastic!!!!!

JudyH

I have a few favorites for different reasons. Fleetwood Mac were awesome, but kind of overshadowed by Stevie Nicks dissappearing off stage all night until it just became funny. Pearl Jam was one of the best nights I ever had (if only cos I got to see Eddie Vedder singing :blink: ). Cold Chisel New Years Eve 1980 was a total blast.

But I think my favorite would have to be seeing Jewel play at a gorgeous winery here in the Yarra Valley. Surrounded by the spectacular views of the Yarra Valley we saw Jewel play supported by 3 wonderful acts (Missy Higgins, Christine Anu and the amazing George). It was a wonderful 8 hours that I'll never forget.

Next Question

What's the best thing about being an amputee? (yes there has to be some good bits :lol: )

All my new friends, of course :blink:

Next Question

What's the best thing about being an amputee? (yes there has to be some good bits :lol: )

Discounted tickets at Arsenal's Emirates Stadium.( for non uk residents - Arsenal = large soccer club in the UK )

Wheelying the motability scooters round the malls/shopping centers with no questions asked!!!

( the last one was a joke! )

Next Question

Being bilateral makes everything else look bigger :)

Next Question

Your areally not looking for a serious answer here are you?

Compared to what?

I know - I only had one foot to get cold while I was out shoveling snow this weekend. There, I came up with something positive. :) :blink: (Whew, I had to think on that one.)

Jim, I DO have a serious answer... although Sparky's was wonderfully warped in sooo many ways!

For me, going through the experience of amputation allowed me to put a lot of "stuff" in perspective. I found out reeeaaal fast just what was important to me, and it wasn't necessarily my left leg. I came to know just how strong I was, and how supportive my family and friends were. For the first time in my life, I was dependent on others... I didn't LIKE it, but it was a tremendous growth experience. Granted, any other major medical crisis might have done the same thing... but the amp was so OUT THERE... I simply couldn't try and gloss it over and pretend I was fine. That was the best thing to ever happen to me, period.

I honestly mean it when I say that, if I could have my leg back -- but have to give up all I've learned and the connections I've made as a result of becoming an amputee -- I'm not at all sure I'd take the deal.

Plus, I only have to wash my sox half as often.

Very well put, Cheryl!

I have something which, for me, is a very good thing about being an amputee: it has relieved me of truly soul-destroying arthritic pain, and I'm astounded at how much better I feel being freed from that pain. Now I can see how much I was putting up with, and how draining it was. On my OneCrutch, I'm even more mobile than I was before!

Even if I were never to wear a prosthesis, I'm in no doubt that my quality of life is significantly improved, thanks to my amputation.

Everything else is a bonus - but I'll still shoot for the moon!

Best wishes

Roz. :)

Next Question

:blink::blink: Cat, you have got to be kidding!!!!! The only good thing I can see is the fact I get to talk with you all....otherwise I will tell you I'd still like to have my foot back( in perfect shape) of course... :) :) but we all know those type of miracles don't happen... :( ... too bad I can't fix all of you; I would if I could. Yeah, I know, I'm talking crazy...must be the mood I'm in tonight. :wacko: