Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Cat

The Long Thread

And Sparky, sure do LOVE your tree :) :D :P Have you got yours decorated at home???? I do. LOVE those lights. :lol: :lol:

What is the best thing about being an amputee??????

Tough question.....we all become who we are through experiences and adversities......I personally have gained a lot of insight into who I am and what I want out of life because of my amputation.....a lot of reflection has occurred.....I wouldn't be telling the truth if I said, "Oh, its okay.....my life is just peachy without a leg"......I can honestly say life is now a little more of a challenge....having two legs for many, many years and then abruptly one is taken away is somewhat of a shock.....but one learns how to do things differently.....I miss certain things.....especially running early in the morning.....water skiing.....and getting out of the bed in the wee hours of the morning to potty with no struggle........now to the directed question.....the best thing about being an amputee is.....I have learned that superficial things in life are not important.....the people you love and quality time spent with them is of more importance than anything in the world.....the gift of love superceeds all else.

And Sparky, sure do LOVE your tree :) :D :P Have you got yours decorated at home???? I do. LOVE those lights. :lol: :lol:

Thanks Ann, felt the place wasn't looking very festive. We start decorating this weekend.

Santa was very upset. It was Christmas Eve and NOTHING was going right! Mrs. Claus had burned all the cookies. The elves were complaining about not getting paid for the overtime they had while making the toys. The reindeer had been drinking all afternoon and were dead drunk. To make matters worse, they had taken the sleigh out for a spin earlier in the day and had crashed it into a tree.

Santa was furious. "I can't believe it! I've got to deliver millions of presents all over the world in just a few hours and all of my reindeer are drunk, the elves are on strike and I don't even have a Christmas tree!"

He continued, "And I sent that stupid Little Angel out hours ago to find a tree and he isn't even back yet! What am I going to do?"

Just then, the Little Angel opened the front door and stepped in from the snowy night, dragging a Christmas tree behind him. He said, "Yo, fat man! Where do you want me to stick the tree this year?"

And thus the tradition of angels atop the Christmas tree got its start...

:lol: .I love that joke Sparky.

We haven't done any of our shopping yet and will be joining the crowds on Monday......maybe :rolleyes:

Next Question

Do you have a Motto or Quote that you think about that inspires or motivates you?

There are a few, one is on my signature

"Ten out of ten people die, so don't take life too seriously"

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you make of it"

"Wear out, don’t rust out!"

DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE MOSQUITOS

WHEN YOU'RE UP TO YOUR BUTT IN ALIGATORS

:lol: :lol:

DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE MOSQUITOS

WHEN YOU'RE UP TO YOUR BUTT IN ALIGATORS

:lol: :lol:

Whoops!! A-L-L-I-G-A-T-O-R-S Two LL's Where's that darn Edit button when you need it? :D What did I say about not worrying about the mosquitos, etc.? The edit button is one of those pesky mosquitos I was talking about :) :)

:P :D :D :) :) :P Good one Jim.....haven't heard that before.

This one came to me from a friend who was going through a rough spell at the same time I was:

"Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we might as well dance."

Next Question

(back to silly for a day :P )

Have you finished your Xmas shopping?

Cat,

You are joking, aren't you?

JudyH

Next Question

Cat,

JudyH

Would I joke? :blink:

Next Question

Cat,

JudyH

YES!

Next Question

Cat,

JudyH

YES!

:lol: :lol: .....yeah ok

My favorite quote is............My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am :D

Next Question

Your are given an opportunity to have a prosthesis in any colour you want.

What do you choose? :)

Next Question

Cat,

JudyH

YES!

:lol: :lol: .....yeah ok

My favorite quote is............My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am :D

And we all know what dogs think of cats :D

I wouldn’t want them coloured. I would want them to be totally transparent, just think of the fun you could have.

I wouldn’t want them coloured. I would want them to be totally transparent, just think of the fun you could have.

I think I like it matching my skin tone. I don't necessarily want to advertize that I have had an amputation. But I also go out without leg and I it doesn't bother me at all. But what I really want is a swimming leg and I don't care what color that is. It could be green with purple spots.

Judy

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My favorite saying.... DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE MULE, JUST LOAD THE WAGON ....

If I could have a leg any color I wanted, it would be midnight blue with the sun, moon and stars painted on it.