Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
mtman

Drugs do crazy things!

When I was in ICU twenty-one years ago they had me on valum, morphine and who knows what else. I had very WEIRD dreams. One time a nurse came to me and said it was time to exercise my lungs so I had to suck on the tube to get that little ball up. I forget what these are called. Anyway, I refused. She threatened to inabate me again if I didn’t. I still refused.

I had a dream that Bill Cosby, who played a doctor on TV at the time, said I didn’t have to use that thing again. So I refused. I’m sure they thought I hurt my brain along with my femur after they heard that.

I also use to throw the sheets off me in ICU because I was hot... I was also very naked. The nurse would come over and tell me that I needed to keep the sheets up because of visitors. As soon as she left I threw ‘em down again.

I’m not a real modest person but when you combine that with a drug cockatiel well, you can get weird and funny results.

The devil came and smacked me in the face.

:rolleyes:

I was also very naked....but they didn't give me a sheet - I was too banged up to have anything covering me :rolleyes:

While I was in hospital after my accident, I dreamed that the leg they were working to save was amputated in some kind of ancient ritual! Very disconcerting!

Roz. :)

Guest bearlover

When I came home from the Hospitall after my amputation I was a a very high dose of methadone. I ashed my husband what is he going to do with all that grass he cut in the yard?? :o I was seeing things that were not there..I sad a man cutting our grass and huge mountains of grass in our yard :P I also saw our curtins danceing and moveing :P :P :P ..I had to get off the methadone fast!!

When I came home from the Hospitall after my amputation I was a a very high dose of methadone. I ashed my husband what is he going to do with all that grass he cut in the yard?? :o I was seeing things that were not there..I sad a man cutting our grass and huge mountains of grass in our yard :P I also saw our curtins danceing and moveing :P :P :P ..I had to get off the methadone fast!!

I’ve never taken illegal drugs but my brothers had years ago. That sounded like one of their trips after partaking in illegal drugs.

Weird stuff!

Guest bearlover

I’ve never taken illegal drugs but my brothers had years ago. That sounded like one of their trips after partaking in illegal drugs.

Weird stuff!

When I woke up from my amputation I swar the sheets were changing colors!! :o :blink: And the curtins were dancing.. :P :P

I was in an induced coma for 6 weeks (induced by morphine). I have very clear recollections of spending a day in Iraq, having lunch with friends and another trip to South Georgia where we bought about a million acres of farm land.

Needless to say, neither actually happened. Better yet, I have no memories of pain while they treated my burns (45% third and fourth degree), so morphine has it's good points.

One of the side effects of large amounts of serious analgesics is stange visions and such.

Gil Davis