Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
jberna

TV show question

About a year ago, when I was in the middle of researching the amputation option, my husband and I were sitting in our bedroom one sunday morning, reading the paper, tv on in the background, when this incredible show came on...about amputees! I think it was on either the TLC channel or the TLC health channel because I said to my husband, "I watch this channel ALL the time and have NEVER seen a show about amputees before.....how odd it would come on in the middle of our big discussions about my amputation!"

Since then I have tried to find it, or some version of it again, with no luck. I have done searchs on the TLC channel website and they have NO listings about amputees or amputation. It really surprises me, with how MANY amputees are out there, that a channel like TLC health would NOT have some shows about it. (life as an amputee, new technology...something!) Does anyone have any ideas about this? Did anyone else SEE this show? (it profiled about three amputees, what their daily life was like) I would love to see it again, or something similar.....

judy

Hi Judy,

I think that this is the program that you are referring to.

Restoring Life and Limb

It was on the Discovery Health Channel, and was in three parts. Let me know if this turns out to be the one that you are referring to.

Additionally, here is an even better resource for you with a free book and video.

To request a Patient Information Package call toll free 1-877-226-5424, or 405-841-6800, or complete the request form by clicking the Form link at Patient Information Package and a package will be mailed to you.

Your complimentary package will include:

. A Patient Care Handbook

. A video that features 19 patient profiles and represents all ages and amputation levels

. Recent news articles that feature our patients and our center

. The book "You’re Not Alone" 3rd edition, co-authored by John Sabolich, CPO and Scott Sabolich, CP.

Best regards,

This is not the show that I saw, the one I saw was about older men, veterans. BUT the one you linked me to I would LOVE to see!!! I tried to find an air date with no luck...any ideas when it will air again?? I would love to see ALL THREE episodes.

Thanks, as always, johnny v...you are very helpful!

judy

I contacted Discovery Health and this was their response:

Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 14:12:19 -0500

Subject: reair/video inquiry

Thank you for contacting Discovery Health. We appreciate your e-mail.

Unfortunately, "Restoring Life and Limb" is not available on video or dvd.

We also do not have any re-air dates for this program. We change our

program schedule quarterly (4 quarters per year) and have our completed

schedules through December 2003. For a complete list of videos and dvd's

available for purchase, please go to discoverystore.com.

We do have other Discovery programming available on video and dvd. Please visit our website at http://www.discovery.com and click on Discovery Store to browse our selection.

A reply to this message is not necessary. If you have any further

inquiries or comments, please contact us via our webform at

http://extweb.discovery.com/ViewerRelations. Thank you again for

expressing your interest in our programming.

Everyone should contact them to re-air this program using the above web form link. Thanks.

I went to that link and aired my complaint, saying if they would choose to show it again, a LOT of people from this site, as well as our friends and families would watch it. I encourage anyone else interested in seeing it also go, tell them there are a LOT of us out here!

jberna

I did watch this one show, on MTV along time ago, about true life, and there was this one guy who was in the army, but couldnt be there because his leg got blown off.

I wish I would have seen the show you did...I would love to see how people get on in those circumstances.

Lesley