Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Lizzie2

What's your favourite Christmas song?

This afternoon I had a lovely time, together with my two children, dressing our Christmas tree. :blink:

Amazingly enough, the lights worked first time! B) We discovered all the decorations that we forgot we had. I think it took us about 2 hours in total and we listened to Christmas songs playing in the background whilst we decorated...Merry Xmas Everybody...Last Christmas...Fairytale of New York...etc.

I'm sure we had a similar thread last year, but it's always nice asking this sort of question again, isn't it? So...

What is your favourite Christmas song?

img861.gif

Lizzie :)

Same answer as last year Lizzie.

Silent Night sung by Stevie Nicks :blink:

"A Christmas Song" by Jethro Tull.

Not strictly a Christmas song, "December will be magic again"- Kate Bush.

Lizzie you get full marks for your forum decs.

Guest bearlover

The most oddest combination of singers David Bowie and Bing Crosby....Little Drummer boy! I love it!

Ever since I can remember- Little Drummer Boy. I love that tune...

Depends on my mood..........

I also love Bear's selection... the Bowie/Crosby "Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth" duet just makes me want to settle down, sigh, and love the holiday season.

If I want a good, sentimenal "cry," it's "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"... by absolutely ANYONE! Barking dogs could do "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas," and I'd get sentimental over it!

Favorite traditional carol is "The Holly and the Ivy," either instrumental or vocal... I just adore the melody; it always lifts my spirits.

"New" songs are "Believe"... especially Josh Groban's version (I think that one might make it into the world of the "Christmas classics"), and "Star of Wonder" by the Roches, which is so very gentle and meditative!

When I want to rock, it's Springsteen's version of "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town".......

And, not strictly a Christmas song, Handel's "Hallelujah" chorus thrills me whenever I hear it

Oh, heck... I just love Christmas music!

I love Little Drummer Boy by the Bob Seager band and also What child is this by Lonestar.

Sue

PS We also spent yesterday afternoon putting up the decs and listening to Christmas songs

I think Silent Night first and then may White Christmas comes in so close that it couldn't even be called second......

I guess maybe they share first place....

Same answer as last year Lizzie.

Silent Night sung by Stevie Nicks :blink:

Same here, Cat. Ditto to that :) Nothing better..............

Too many favourites to mention, probably at the top is Wizard "wish it could be christmas every day".

White Christmas by Bing Crosby

Hi

Roy Wood (Wizard).

I wish it could be Christmas every Day.

Pat.

There are so many....I'll be Home for Christmas gives me a lump in my throat every time I hear it no matter who sings it. Then there's the oldie, Please Come Home for Christmas. On the spiritual side, I love What Child is This and Mary Did You Know.

I'm with Cheryl, I just love Christmas music.

You have chosen some lovely Christmas songs - I think I like all of them. :) Each song has some memory, doesn't it? Happy, boppy, warm & cosy, contemplative...etc...

Marcia got me thinking about the spiritual side: In that category I think I prefer 'Tomorrow Shall Be My Dancing Day'. It's got tamborines, drums, it's lively and it's good to sing! :D

You have chosen some lovely Christmas songs - I think I like all of them. :) Each song has some memory, doesn't it? Happy, boppy, warm & cosy, contemplative...etc...

Marcia got me thinking about the spiritual side: In that category I think I prefer 'Tomorrow Shall Be My Dancing Day'. It's got tamborines, drums, it's lively and it's good to sing! :D

i dosent really go under chirstmas songs but it hear it all year, Metallica - Nothing else matters

this song i have been listening to since the age of 4

I like Fairytale of New York and O Holy Night (pref by Il Divo cos I like to drool! ;) :P )

I love Christmas - just the whole thing really.

Sue :P

[

i dosent really go under chirstmas songs but it hear it all year, Metallica - Nothing else matters

Thanks for age check, now I feel old. :( I remember when Metallica was just starting out, my wife and I used to listen to it back in the 80s. I was in my 20s then. B)

[

Thanks for age check, now I feel old. :( I remember when Metallica was just starting out, my wife and I used to listen to it back in the 80s. I was in my 20s then. B)

sorry for that :( , Metallica is my favorit band of all times, Nothing else matters, Fade to black, The Unforgiven, those are some of their greatest songs, oh i remebered 1 more, One

Santa Baby by Ertha Kitt.......... :P