Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
ali.hall

Prosthetics, but not as we know it

Well I have been wanting to post this for such a long time because I think you will all like this a lot but couldn't, due to it not being confirmed.

As I hope some of you know, I am a third year student studying prosthetics and orthotics at Strathclyde University, Glasgow. Every year the third year plan a trip to somewhere in the world that they don't know too much about to see how prosthetics and orthotics is taught and performed in another country. Previous years have gone to El Salvador and and Cambodia, including some more advanced countries.

Anyway to cut a long story short, I got the email back the other day that our year has got the go ahead to go to Vietnam to the school in Hanoi in June/July 2007. I have been buzzing since I got the confirmation. It will be such a worth while viist for everyone invloved and will just be amazing to see a completely different culture. Hopefully I will get to go travelling a bit when I am out there.

Anyway for anyone who is interested - here is the VIETCOT web site:

http://203.162.7.85/vietcot/index.html

and here is our trip web site:

http://www.pandosite.co.uk/

Sorry the trip site is a bit bare but it will get more and more stuff on it as we gather information and continue our fund raising for the trip.

I appologise for my hyper-activity but it is something I was really hoping would come together and it seems to be working out well, fingers crossed.

I personally have no interest in going to Vietnam, but I find the excitement in your words infectious. I wish you well, and as you asked, "keep my fingers crossed". Good luck.

I'm very happy for you Ali. I've never wanted to go to Vietnam, but "The Amazing Race" was there this past season and the scenery looked beautiful especially along the coast. There seemed to be a lot to do.

How long will you be there?

hi Ali, great news, I am just back from Vietman and it is truly a beautiful country with amazing, beautiful people.. I had the trip of a lifetime and am still not settled back properly!!!

All the best with the studies and make sure you keep us updated.. Oh lucky you am feeling all nostalgic now!!!

regards

Siobhan

Ok I guess everyone doesn't want to go but thanks guys :D Can always rely on support. Siobhan - I have been sitting here with the Lonely Planets guide, I really can't wait. I must give an update in my thread about uni - been working very hard. Only 9 months till I go out to do my placement now :D

Ali, I think it's great that you are going. The things that you will learn and see over there can only be of benefit to you and your future patients.

Leaving tomorrow morning for Vietnam. Can't believe the time has come along already. Will also be going to Cambodia and Thailand, should bee great and see you all in 28 days :D

Have good trip. If you need someone to carry your bags - I can be up there in 4hours :D

I'm very happy for you Ali. I've never wanted to go to Vietnam, but "The Amazing Race" was there this past season and the scenery looked beautiful especially along the coast. There seemed to be a lot to do.

How long will you be there?

You watch the amazing race? Do you watch Big Brother also?

Well Ali,

I've met a number of prosthetist from the land of oz who have been there and Kyrabati and who have all gained a heap of experience from the trip.

It also just makes you realise how lucky we are to be able to access regular equipment/componentry.

Enjoy your stay I'm sure that you'll gain heaps from the experience.

Have fun

Mel.