Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Ally

If you could have ONE gift, what would you ask for?

Ok, here's a Christmas question. If you could only ask for ONE Christmas gift, what would you ask for?

And please, no "peace on earth" or "cure for aids" - we are talking prezzies here, not miracles :P

Okay - Personally, I want a "thingee" that allows me to copy my old cassettes and records onto the computer so that I can then burn them to a CD. A couple of stores have different brands and I've put my order in. I do like my 1950's music and have a good collection, (Brenda Lee, Patti Page, Doris Day, Teresa Brewer, Eddie Fisher, Pat Boone, etc. etc.), but not on CD. I'm getting there though.

I would like a while Celica convertible with a black top B)

Make that a WHITE Celica convertible with a black top B)

I only have the one wish. I have already sent Santa an email. I just want to be trapped in a lift...

With the combined American and Australian womens beach volley ball teams :angry:

I will be tracking him using this website http://www.noradsanta.org/en/tracking.php

I am moving into my new home for Christmas so other than a nice new telly and a replacement to the mix of 80's kitchen cabinets and super small bath (i'm 6'3) and i think my new bath was built for a porg (person of restricted growth) i would really like a christmas tree and decs!

Neil

Wishing you all a Very Happy Christmas and Great New Year! :angry:

I want a new push bike.........just to see how it's wrapped :P

hmmm this is a toughy

A nice $2000 Cheque so I wouldn't have to worry about all the production costs of the play I'm directing. That would be a really nice gift. Or if Santa can't give me that then a good reliable musical director.

If I told you what I really wanted I would be banned completely from this site

But I would be happy :D

Very happy :D :D

:D :D :D :D :D

Well, that's easy.......a prosthesis! any old one as long as it fits and I can get walking! Oh sorry Ally, you said no miracles :lol: :D :lol:

Seariously though, I'd really like a Banjo!

Lynne

Can't have it Mike. I've already got it....... and I'm very happy. :lol: :lol:

Guest bearlover

:blink::huh: :D

Can't have it Mike. I've already got it....... and I'm very happy. :lol: :lol:

:o :o :o

"Awsome Blue" so glad to hear from you.... :) .... Merry Christmas with or without your wish.

Remember Ally, this is just a "pie in the sky" wish......brand new PEARL caddy w/twin exhausts...the works!!!

and not have to worry about making payments :blink::huh::wub:

I want lots of real estate clients who want only me as their agent. Buyers and sellers, makes no difference.

I think it would have to be a new/larger car. Hubby is starting to have trouble getting in and out of ours :( so I would be happy if I could make life easier for him.. He likes the newer Chrysler 400's and Ford equivilent. That would be my christmas wish........ of course it would have to be that beautiful Chevy blue, or burgandy red...either color would work for me.

:)

A nice little ACCESSIBLE house or condo -- mortgage-free, of course! Something spacious enough that I don't keep scraping doorframes, walls, and cabinets when I'm in the wheelchair... a walk-in shower with a built-in bench... a roomy little patio... and laundry hook-ups inside, so I didn't have to worry about when the laundry room was open! That would be heavenly.......!

My first wish was really unattainable. To keep it more realistic I would like a proper diet, because my wife has had me near starved to death with hers. I would like something that I could enjoy while it did me some good, something that everyone could use.

For example:

-------------------------BREAKFAST------------------------------

1/2 Grapefruit, 1 slice dry, Whole wheat toast, 8 oz Skim milk

---------------------------LUNCH--------------------------------

4 oz Lean broiled chicken breast, portion Steamed spinach, cup Herb tea and 1 Jaffa Cake

---------------------MIDAFTERNOON SNACK--------------------------

Rest of Jaffa Cakes in the packet, 2 pts ice cream, 1 Jar hot fudge sauce Nuts Cherries Whipped cream

---------------------------DINNER--------------------------------

Extra large portion of chips, mushroom & cheese -pizza, 4 - 8 bottles of beer, 5 Mars bars or a couple of packets of Jaffa Cakes

Rules for this diet:

1. If you eat something and no one sees you eat it, it has no calories.

2. If you have any type of diet drink with a chocolate bar, the calories in the chocolate bar are cancelled out by the diet drink.

3. When you eat with someone else, calories don't count if you don't eat more than they do.

4. Food used for medicinal purposes NEVER count, such as hot chocolate, Irish Whiskey, Jaffa Cakes, and anything with chips

5. If you fatten up everyone else around you, then you look thinner.

6. Cinema related foods do not have additional calories because they are part of the entire entertainment package and not part of one's personal fuel. (Example: Coke, Buttered Popcorn, sweets, burgers, hotdogs, or chocolate bars).

7. Biscuit pieces contain no calories. The process of breaking biscuits causes calorie leakage.

8. Things licked off knives or spoons have no calories if you are in the process of preparing something. Examples: peanut butter on a knife while making sandwiches or ice cream on a spoon while making a sundae.

9. Foods that have the same colour have the same number of calories. Examples are spinach and pistachio ice cream or mushrooms and white chocolate.

NOTE: Chocolate is a universal colour and may be substituted for any other food colour.

My first wish was really unattainable. To keep it more realistic I would like a proper diet, because my wife has had me near starved to death with hers. I would like something that I could enjoy while it did me some good, something that everyone could use.

[<snip>

4. Food used for medicinal purposes NEVER count, such as hot chocolate, Irish Whiskey, Jaffa Cakes, and anything with chips

5. If you fatten up everyone else around you, then you look thinner.

6. Cinema related foods do not have additional calories because they are part of the entire entertainment package and not part of one's personal fuel. (Example: Coke, Buttered Popcorn, sweets, burgers, hotdogs, or chocolate bars).

7. Biscuit pieces contain no calories. The process of breaking biscuits causes calorie leakage.

8. Things licked off knives or spoons have no calories if you are in the process of preparing something. Examples: peanut butter on a knife while making sandwiches or ice cream on a spoon while making a sundae.

9. Foods that have the same colour have the same number of calories. Examples are spinach and pistachio ice cream or mushrooms and white chocolate.

NOTE: Chocolate is a universal colour and may be substituted for any other food colour.

Hi Sparky,

What are Jaffa Cakes??? :)

Susan

PS I have a friend in Devon that I visit occasionally, but I've never heard of them.

Susan, Jaffa Cakes are a moist sponge disc with a smashing orangey filling topped with thick plain chocolate. :blink:http://www.jaffaholics.com/flash.html

Who needs enemies when you've got friends? that hide the Jaffa Cakes from you. :D

Ok, here's a Christmas question. If you could only ask for ONE Christmas gift, what would you ask for?

And please, no "peace on earth" or "cure for aids" - we are talking prezzies here, not miracles :P

Darn- Then I can't ask for my husband back! I guess I will have to wish for gas money so my son can come to visit or failing that a pound of Alaskan King Crab for Christmas dinner.

JudyH

Oh! Now I understand your "fixation" Sparky! In the US, jaffa cakes are known as "Orange Pims," and they are indeed one of god's great gifts! (There are also raspberry and pineapple flavors, but they're pale imitations compared to the orange.)

You have EXCELLENT taste, my friend!