Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
SusanI

WHAT TO WEAR???

Being an AK it depends on the style of pants. Most casual and dress pants will slide over my prosthetic foot and shoe. However, with jeans I need to slide them on before putting a shoe on my prosthetic foot. A few times I have forgotten that I planned to wear jeans and ask my wife to take off my shoe and put it back on. Or I just take the leg off and start over.

I'm so thrilled!!!! I have my first pair of buckle shoes!! :P I have never had a pair in my whole life. Due to a birth defect and a leg brace... :) They are really neat. My whole family was happy for me..A new pair of Christmas shoes.... :) :)

:) 'Bearlover' don't know how I missed your post, but I did.....am soooooo happy for you......isn't it terrible to try to find shoes that will fit those amp. feet!!! :( Guess I never realized how important my shoes were to me. I am still looking for some dress ones to wear to church....I really do not want to wear my old tennis shoes. :ph34r:

Being an AK it depends on the style of pants. Most casual and dress pants will slide over my prosthetic foot and shoe. However, with jeans I need to slide them on before putting a shoe on my prosthetic foot. A few times I have forgotten that I planned to wear jeans and ask my wife to take off my shoe and put it back on. Or I just take the leg off and start over.

WOW!! I think I just have big feet or tighter trousers! (I do wear size 10 shoes) :D

I am going to put a few zippers in the inside inseam of some of my trousers...probably up to the knee where they widen out. I'll see how that works and go from there.

Thanks for everyone's posts and ideas.

Susan

WOW!! I think I just have big feet or tighter trousers! (I do wear size 10 shoes) :D

You're feet aren't that big, Susan - they're only a UK size 7, aren't they? :ph34r: I think you may need wider pants. ;)

I've just remembered - along with zippers & velcro, another fastening people use sometimes are the plastic or metal poppers.

Lizzie :)

Guest bearlover

When I had a leg just 3.5 years ago The "bad" one was a size 5 shoe and the good one is a size 9! I now get to buy 1 pair of shoes! I aslo wear pants most of the time. I like the streach material in the pants. It makes it easy to add a sock or when I need to visit my prothetist. The pants just role up over the prostretist with no problems! :)

I wear shorts most of the time but if it's cold and I need to go for a fitting or an adjustment I wear "easy to get off" track pants with shorts underneath.

Makes my bum look bigger too :lol:

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Like that's really something you have to worry about with that skinny butt of yours. :P :P :lol:

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Like that's really something you have to worry about with that skinny butt of yours. :P :P :lol:

Yikes Cat, :blink: guess you got checked out @ the convention......heeheehee :rolleyes: ......

Yikes Cat, :blink: guess you got checked out @ the convention......heeheehee :rolleyes: ......

Guess so Ann :lol: :lol:

Everybody chant.................

I must, I must, Increase, My Bum

Pleeeze....I'd rather not...... :rolleyes:

Susan

:) :blink: :P :) I am so glad we are finally getting back to the way we used to tease....so much more enjoyable....don't ya' think????????

In junior high PE, we girls used to say....

We must, we must, we must increase our bust. However, most of us never did :P

In junior high PE, we girls used to say....

We must, we must, we must increase our bust. However, most of us never did :P

*Waits patiently for Tammie to see that* :P :P

Ok people....... remember me........ bust size is not something that I had to worry about increasing! :P ....

Guess those little nursery rhymes worked for me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Cat, since your 15 hours ahead of us, why didn't you tell me how busy I was going to be? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ok people....... remember me........ bust size is not something that I had to worry about increasing! :P ....

Guess those little nursery rhymes worked for me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Cat, since your 15 hours ahead of us, why didn't you tell me how busy I was going to be? :rolleyes::rolleyes::blink:

Why spoil the surprise?? :rolleyes:

ALERT ALERT!!!!!!! STOLEN THREAD!!!!!

Sorry Susan we got side tracked :rolleyes:

Yes it does....... ask any guy... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I plead the 5th ammendment. :lol: :lol:

(In America, that allows for protection against self incrimination) :rolleyes:

Yes it does....... ask any guy... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:rolleyes: Yep!!!!!! Higgy's correct........you're wrong Jim. :rolleyes: And no fair pleading the 5th.