Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
SusanI

WHAT TO WEAR???

Yes it does....... ask any guy... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ask any woman who's dieting or a member of a slimming club :lol:

I agree Sparky, you have a valid point.. However, I don't diet......

The if's in life are funny... If I hadn't of gotten pneumonia, taken the steroids, increased by a bunch, then I wouldn't of survived my accident... Doctor's words, "if you weren't built like you are, you wouldn't of made it". Hence, if God put them on me, then he will see to it that I loose them as well....

I wonder why it is that everyone is so fixated on "size"......... guess that is another of those "whyzit's". :unsure::huh:

I agree Sparky, you have a valid point.. However, I don't diet......

The if's in life are funny... If I hadn't of gotten pneumonia, taken the steroids, increased by a bunch, then I wouldn't of survived my accident... Doctor's words, "if you weren't built like you are, you wouldn't of made it". Hence, if God put them on me, then he will see to it that I loose them as well....

I wonder why it is that everyone is so fixated on "size"......... guess that is another of those "whyzit's". :unsure::blink:

So you're saying I need a bigger bum just in case? :huh:

I think the fixation on size is one of those "the grass is always greener" things

Just about everyone can see benefits in being different in some ways. Truth is we are all perfect in our own way :unsure:

Except me......... apparently I have a "small" bum :unsure:

I think the fixation on size is one of those "the grass is always greener" things

Just about everyone can see benefits in being different in some ways. Truth is we are all perfect in our own way :unsure:

Nope, didn't say anything about you and your bum in that one Sweetie....

Your right in that we are all perfect in our own ways.... sometimes, it just gets hard to see it for some I suppose....

If you think you need to loose more, than, you have that right, but when your pants fall down cause there's nothing to stop em and you don't have belt on don't blame me....... :lol:

Nope, didn't say anything about you and your bum in that one Sweetie....

Your right in that we are all perfect in our own ways.... sometimes, it just gets hard to see it for some I suppose....

If you think you need to loose more, than, you have that right, but when your pants fall down cause there's nothing to stop em and you don't have belt on don't blame me....... :lol:

:P :huh: :P :blink::unsure: B)

Back to the topic, hope i can paste the pic, if not just google image "combats"

To "combat" the problem of trousers covering large sockets try these. I wear them a lot, whether you take the trousers over the limb first or whether you pull the trouser up to take the limb off these work. I found that most trousers crease up awful if you have to pull them up over the limb, with combats it doesn't matter, they look great creased up.

Combats are very fashionable over here in the UK, they come in a whole load of various styles and colours.

Some styles have pull thru string around the bottom, so you can pull them up over the limb and tighten up the string to keep the trouser leg above your limb when you are showing your prosthetist how the limb fits, how you are getting on with your gait etc... others have the zip off bottom of the leg, so you don't have to take your trousers off at all and you don't have to take shorts to change into. They are exceptionally versitile trousers and very comfy to wear.

post-654-1168011094_thumb.jpg

OK this was a big issue for me to, I don't were skirts anyway, so I did not own one to help.

Harley davidson sweat pants are wide in leg and I can pull the up to my thigh.

Fusion makes a wide leg stretch that I can pull up to my thigh

Victoria secret wide leg draw string pants I can pull up to my thigh

Ralph Laren makes a wide leg I can pull up to my thigh as well

Levi's 545 boot cut I wear but can not wear to my leg guy as I am not dropping my jeans.

The above I wear all to the leg man but my Levi's.

Hope that helps.

The Levi's I wear when I drive my bike because the wide leg can catch to much.

SKully Cat