Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Cat

Marathon

Marathon runner C.J. Howard did not reach his goal of fastest marathon by an amputee.

Howard, 23, needed to run Sunday's race, which started in Newport Beach and ended in Irvine, in under three hours. He finished in 3 hours 24 minutes 9 seconds.

Howard, a former high school cross-country standout who lives in La Crescenta, lost the lower part of his leg to cancer in 2003. He broke the world half-marathon record for below-the-knee amputees two years ago.

His time placed him 55th of 1,169 runners overall.

Taken from Here

I have some AB friends who ran that same race... now I REALLY wish I'd gone out to see it!

Hi Cat.

Where do you find information on CJ Howard?

I once read that he had run a 10k in 38 minutes but can't seem to find the web page now.

I ran the Belfast Marathon this year in 3hrs 10mins (76th out of 1547) and last Sunday dipped below 39mins for 10k for the first time.

http://www.sportsystems.net/Results/Result...stMara08All.pdf

My goals for this year are to get down to 3.05 for marathon in preperation for the big sub 3 next year and would like to knock another 40secs off my 10k time too.

wow!! Those are amazing times!!!!!! :o :o :o

Hope you keep getting fatser. Do you think you can break 3 hours???

Found this for you Click here

That should say FASTER...not fatser :rolleyes:

Welcome to the forum by the way :D

:o .You're a syme as well...what sort of foot are you running on?

Sorry I'm a pest..ask anyone :rolleyes:

wow!! Those are amazing times!!!!!! :o :o :o

Hope you keep getting fatser. Do you think you can break 3 hours???

Found this for you Click here

I ran London Marathon this year but only managed 3.23 so I ran the Belfast Marathon 3 weeks later and ran 3.10.

Belfast was much hillier so I think with more training I could get the 3.05 on a flatter course.

There are a few photos of the race here:

http://www.marathon-photos.com/marathon.ht...ports/CPUK/2008 Sports/Belfast Marathon;match=1806

I know that the jump from 3.05 to sub 3 is a big one but I think I could do it.

I'm 40 next January so time isn't exactly on my side but I have the dedication and a good coach, hopefully that will get me there. Fortunately I am still improving even though I took up running relatively late aged 32.

I'm running on a Cheetah now, but started running on a modular 3 (Ossur foot similar to a vari flex).

The Mod 3 was a good all round foot and I did a 3.29 marathon on that one but I find that the Cheetah gives much more shock absorption allowing me to run longer distances with less discomfort.

Thanks for the links by the way. I have seen those before, but it's difficult to find websites with amputees road race times.

Dave...

Oooff!! :blink::wacko: