Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
cherylm

2007 ACA Conference

Ed

Lynne here, Calgary, could i get that?

Thanks

I got my ACA membership last night...for free! They have a special one year deal for vets, so if it applies to you, check it out! :D

Thanks for the tip. I was informed that I was the first Canadian to ask about this. I recieved my membership this past week.

So now I suppose it is time for everyone to indicate if they are in fact attending this year.. We need to set up a list the same as last year and make some similar arrangements for meeting etc.........................

Looks like JohnnyV you're on............

ED

Hi Everyone; Stranger here Lynne Canada, I can't find the info on the ACA conference this year, I'd love to go. I'd love to meet up with Ed if he is flying. but I know it must be right in front of me but I can't find it!!!!! help

Lynne

Calgary

Okay... the registration forms and housing into have been posted on the ACA site... and I'm still hoping to be able to work out to attend it this year. (Have the time... trying to gather the funds!)

Does anyone who's gone in the past have any tips and/or advice for a first-timer? (And thank you already, Higgy!) Also, is there anyone who might be looking to save on housing costs by finding themselves a roommate?

I'd sure appreciate some input!

Lynne, I ope you do get to come! And don't worry if you wind up flying in on your own... I'll be doing the same, and I understand that there will be an "official" shuttle to the hotel for us, with an official ACA "greeter" to make sure we get where we need to be.

It should be an adventure!

Hi Everyone;

I'm really going to try and get to the conference this year. I'm hoping I catch a flight with Ed? I'm just waiting to hear from Ed.

That doesn't mean I won't be going though.

Is there going to be a meeting place?

Lynne

Calgary

Okay... the registration forms and housing into have been posted on the ACA site... and I'm still hoping to be able to work out to attend it this year. (Have the time... trying to gather the funds!)

Does anyone who's gone in the past have any tips and/or advice for a first-timer? (And thank you already, Higgy!) Also, is there anyone who might be looking to save on housing costs by finding themselves a roommate?

Is there going to be a meeting place?

Of course. I have been very busy, but will be sure to post the information as we get closer.

How do I get the registration form for the 2007 Conference?

Lynne

Guest bearlover
Cheryl, now that I've decided to rejoin the human race, I've begun setting my sights on how I can go to the conference this year... I'm working on it!!

But Neal has to promise to go and keep the bar open for us! :o

Hello Marilyn!!! (((((((HUGS))))))) :) :D

Hi Cheryl

Thanks so much for making me feel better. I'm going in to work tomorrow to talk to my Manager to see if I can get the time off, it falls on my work week, just my luck LOL

Is everybody meeting somewhere?

Can't wait to meet you!

Lynne

Lynne, I ope you do get to come! And don't worry if you wind up flying in on your own... I'll be doing the same, and I understand that there will be an "official" shuttle to the hotel for us, with an official ACA "greeter" to make sure we get where we need to be.

It should be an adventure!

Hope you get the time off, Lynne! I was worried about that one myself, but my employer has been very cooperative... I think they understand how important this is for me.

If I remember the posts from the gang who went last year, Johnny saved tables for forum members at the first "function" of the conference... then I guess everyone just kept making arrangements for "meet-ups" as it all went along. I'm sure folks will be posting plans here as we get closer to the date.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone, too!

**********NEWSFLASH*****************

It has come to our attention that a certain Aussie has been barred from attending this year's ACA conference in Atlanta due to technical difficulties in riding escalators. He has been advised to read the thread on how to approach, step onto and step off of escalators. If this is completed in a timely fashion, he may or may not be able to attend in 2008. We'll miss you!!!!!!!!!

I'll keep us a table open in the bar.

Everyone be sure to bring your swimsuits as we are going to entertain everyone this year with a synchronised swimming class. It should be easy as long as the lefties swim in left circles and the righties in right circles. Should be real KOOL. :D :o :angry::huh: :( :lol:

Ok, Neal as I can see you to appreciate the pirate with Skulls. I will not be hard to find.

A blonde with a Skull swim suit. So there you have it I found one. Mark tells me I am nuts so you can meet him and advise him he just needs a more open mind about skulls. ??? I look forward to meeting you and so many others. I made the decision even if I am not walking again I will be there.

Skully Cat

Well, time is drawing near and I need to decide if I'm going to make the conference. I only live about 50 miles away and would drive in to attend and I despise to drive in Atlanta traffic. I doubt that I will ever get another chance to go to one, so..... Is it Friday for lunch when all plan to meet?

Kep

Mostly likely that's when we will meet up... We're waiting until closer to time to set specifics. JohnnyV had posted earlier that he would set something up closer to time to go... Otherwise, I would imagine some of us will probably meet up at the sports bar on Thursday evening...

Hope to see you there Kep.

Hi Cheryl:

It would make it possible for me to attend if I could share the accommodation, but I smoke!!!! I'm starting acupuncture next Wednesday, so I might (very hopefully) be a non smoker by then.

What do you think?

Lynne

Canada

I don't think you'll be smoking in this hotel. I'm pretty sure that it is totally non-smoking. This affects me also. I must remember to buy some patches.

Ok, I got my leg and am walking, stiffly. But walking, don't know if I'll be driving the bike or not? Took Dave & Marks advice & looked into helmet, ordered it we will see if it fits.

Of course it has skulls on it.

I am looking forward to meeting all of you and Mark is too.

Skully Cat

Lynne, I'm "set" with a roommate at this point, unless something changes unexpectedly... but over on the ACA website (same area as the other registration info) they've set up an area for folks seeking to share accommodations. (I gather there are a number of us "singles" who are trying to do this on a budget!)

As for the smoking issue, I hope your treatments work well and you're tobacco-free by June... but Neal's suggestion sounds like it would be a good work-around!

If money is an issue (I know it was for me), you might want to make up your mind before May 15, in order to take advantage of the "early registration" discount. I hope I DO get to meet you there!

I'll be watching this thread with great interest. Ah, I wish I could go, but next year, YES!

Neal, whenever I can't smoke, I use the nicotine gum. It helps.

Lynne,

Since you can't smoke, maybe you should just make some brownies! ;)

Be sure to bring enough for me!! :D :D

Shane's a ba-a-a-d boy! :lol:

His input has been missed, that's for sure. :) :)

Skully, I guess our phone tag sort of ran out of steam.. Glad to hear that you are walking, just give it some time... Slow and steady...Was it a full or half helmet?

Neal... I didn't know you smoked :o , never smelled it on you once last year!...

Lynne, I hope things work out for you so that you can join us...

Marilyn, sorry that you won't be there, but I'm sure that there isn't a person here who doesn't understand your priorities... Hopefully next year... They had said last year, that the conference would be in Atlanta for 3 years.. It's getting harder and harder for them to find a place that can accomodate everything and everyone, and keep rising costs down. I understood them to say that they made a deal with the hotel for fixed prices to keep the costs down for us.

Time is getting closer ......... :)

I just wanted to remind you that the deadline for the early bird registration is fast approaching. If you plan on attending and haven't registered for the conference you might want to get it done. Getting it done by May 15th is a huge discount....

See ya there!

Hi guys,

My Physio is coming to the conference, to add to her gait training skills.

She is also hoping to go to a number of Prosthetic facilities during her stay. I wonder if anyone could help with details that I could pass onto her.

Many thanks

Mel.

Mel, you might want to try PMing Kep, who lives in the area and is turning into our local Tourist Information Service, for some information..........