Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gil Davis

Persistence

"The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for." -Marlene Dowd

"...never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense." -Winston Churchill

"One person with a belief is equal to a force of ninety-nine who have only interests." John Stuart Mill

“I can't imagine a person becoming a success who doesn't give this game of life everything he's got.” Walter Cronkite

"There is a passion for perfection which you will rarely see fully developed; but you may note this fact, that in successful lives it is never wholly lacking." -Bliss Carman

"My candle burns at both ends, it will not last the night, but ah my foes and oh my friends, it gives such a beautiful light " - Edna St Vincent Mill

Thank you Gil. My father would constantly cut out "quotes" such as these, and put them under the glass on his desk. I also enjoy them, but not have not been quite as addicted as one daughter of mine, who I must send these to. Thank you for posting them.

Jim

It's not a matter of keeping them around, it's living them that's important and I believe you do.

I still look up to you older folks for wisdom and guidance.

Thanks,

Good stuff, Gil. I really dig great quotes. :D

Here's another from a wise old guy that I've reflected on many times. Not so much any more, I guess somewhere along the way I able to finally take the advice. ;)

"Don't expect "Sorry" from the sod that hit you. Either he's living with guilt or he hasn't a clue. Don't let it become your problem. " - Gil Davis

"The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for." -Marlene Dowd

"...never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense." -Winston Churchill

"One person with a belief is equal to a force of ninety-nine who have only interests." John Stuart Mill

“I can't imagine a person becoming a success who doesn't give this game of life everything he's got.” Walter Cronkite

"There is a passion for perfection which you will rarely see fully developed; but you may note this fact, that in successful lives it is never wholly lacking." -Bliss Carman

"My candle burns at both ends, it will not last the night, but ah my foes and oh my friends, it gives such a beautiful light " - Edna St Vincent Mill

I love them!

JudyH