Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Cat

Those avatars look really cute...... but they sure can do some nasty things when you are stuck on a slow dial up like I am at the moment..

Reminds me of one of Rod Sterlings old programs, the Twilight Zone......I think it was.....where they say in the beginning...." Do Not Adjust Your TV Set"

Ah, if only they get that satellite up soon........... :(

There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We can reduce the focus to a soft blur, or sharpen it to crystal clarity. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to... The Outer Limits."

There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We can reduce the focus to a soft blur, or sharpen it to crystal clarity. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to... The Outer Limits."

Very good. Some one else is as "Old As Dirt", as many of us. :lol: :lol:

Okay, Bill, did you do that from memory, or did you have to look it up? I knew Tammie's reference was from The Outer Limits, but I NEVER could have come up with the entire intro!

:D :D I'm waiting for some of the younger ones ask what the "horizontal" and the "vertical" are. I don't think there is even an adjustment for them anymore. At least not for the consumer.<_< :rolleyes: :lol:

I can remember wasting many hours playing with the "horizontal" and the "vertical" holds. Just wish I had a vertical hold fitted to me. :D

I used to play with the vertical and horizontal hold just to annoy my brother :lol: :lol:

I can remember once there was something wrong with our tv and the picture was upside down.

Dad made us hold a mirror between out legs so we could watch it the right way up :rolleyes:

If you had bought an Australian TV you wouldn't have had that problem :D

Aaaawwww CAT! you brought back the waving puddy! :rolleyes:

Yep, you are all right........ you have to give me the benefit of the doubt though..... It's tax time here in the states and why on earth I chose to do that for a living, I sure wish some one would tell me... I don't even know my own name by the end of the day sometimes......As for the age thing........ yep..... I remember Rod Sterling from when I was a little girl.....so, I guess that dates me too........

Sorry about the goof...

I'm looking forward to end of tax season and being able to get caught up with all of you..... :)

"Very good. Some one else is as "Old As Dirt", as many of us. :lol: :lol:"

Nope, Jim, I'm just only nine months shy of it..... anyway, that's what Hubby keeps telling me.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Very good. Some one else is as "Old As Dirt", as many of us. :lol: :lol:

Hey! Who you callin' Old As Dirt?? lol I used to love that show when I was a teenager.

Cat, your kitty looks like it needs The Exorcist!!!

Any suggestions why MY avatars never work???

Susan

I get it now... "Hypno Cat" was only there to make "Twitchy Cat" look tame in comparison!

I get it now... "Hypno Cat" was only there to make "Twitchy Cat" look tame in comparison!

Cheryl, Hypno Cat was a serious experiment it contained a subliminal message - it didn't work, not one penny came our way. :D

Cheryl, Hypno Cat was a serious experiment it contained a subliminal message - it didn't work, not one penny came our way. :D

Not one penny came YOUR way B)

Jst so everyone knows what this thread was about......(archeologists may dig this forum up in 10,000 years and not understand :blink: )

Here's what it was about................... :P

post-813-1171242333.gif

Jim

I have it on good information that Sparky was born the year that topsoil was invented. I on the other hand, remember clearly that radical new invention "Dirt", before that we just had sand and rocks. Booorrriiiinnnggg!!

Then came the telegraph, the electric light, the telephone and eventually television. Somewhere in there were moving pictures, then moving pictures with sound (some actors couldn't make it) and then colored pictures(wooo Wooo).

The first computer I programmed had a whole 4,000 characters of memory and a 10 MB hard drive that was the size of a walk-in closet.

I've found that to get avatars that move, they have to be GIF format. I'm working on a hyena that snarls, not there yet.

Cat, I sometimes come on here JUST to see whick avater you're using this week :lol:

I love em all ;)

Everybody,

For good and personal reasons I expect to keep my current avatar for a long while.

I do get a "kick" out of some of your avatars. Sparky comes to mind, of course Cat's keeps coming to mind even though I've sent my last centavo to her to keep things quiet. AAAhh, there it is again!! :blink::blink:

:ph34r::ph34r::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Gil,

Thanks for starting my day off with a good giggle.... with tax time in the final stretch, it's priceless..

Where on earth did you find it?

Higgy

Gil,

Thanks for starting my day off with a good giggle.... with tax time in the final stretch, it's priceless..

Higgy

Me too, Higgy....Me Thinks The Cat....has way tooooooo much time on her hands!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::ph34r::ph34r:

Good one, Gil. :D

Gil,

Higgy

Me too, Higgy....Me Thinks The Cat....has way tooooooo much time on her hands!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes::ph34r::blink::blink:

:rolleyes: ...............................maybe :ph34r:

Everybody,

For good and personal reasons I expect to keep my current avatar for a long while.

I do get a "kick" out of some of your avatars. Sparky comes to mind, of course Cat's keeps coming to mind even though I've sent my last centavo to her to keep things quiet. AAAhh, there it is again!! :blink::blink:

:ph34r::ph34r::rolleyes::rolleyes:

lolman.gif