Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Karen

Heather Mills on "Dancing with the Stars"

I agree, I don't think the ice cream sundae dress was the nicest, but I think that Heather done an awesome job...very graceful.....I'm looking forward to watching her next time.....

Mostly, I applaud the fact that she had the courage to do it, because, for someone who has just had an amputation in the recent past, it gives them a re-newed outlook. A chance to see her dancing, doing something that they probably think that they won't ever be able to do again. To know that it is possible..

I had the opportunity to get involved with the local radio station this morning too. They done a clip about her making fun of "the peg leg" and saying that there was a back stage contest going on about who "had to dance with the gimp"....... Needless to say, I called and spoke to the dj's of the morning show..

The thing that I resented the most is the fact that they were making so much fun of an amputee. They asked me why I wasn't happy about the clip... Well..... duh....... do you think someone who had just had a leg amputated and heard this crap on the radio is going to be very comfortable hearing it? I know that we all tend to settle in and get comfortable with it, after a time... but, this was just uncalled for.. Their reply was, "why, she's making fun of it?" I can't say (and told them so) that I have heard her make fun of it like that, the way they were doing it.... But of course.... when have you ever known an able bodied person with no familiarity to understand something like that... To them, it's all fun.....What a way to start the day.......geesh.....

BTW, I'm pretty positive that Heather is a LBK...

I totally agree Higgy....and YES she is the same as I am....LBK

;) ann

I agree, I don't think the ice cream sundae dress was the nicest, but I think that Heather done an awesome job...very graceful.....I'm looking forward to watching her next time.....

Mostly, I applaud the fact that she had the courage to do it, because, for someone who has just had an amputation in the recent past, it gives them a re-newed outlook. A chance to see her dancing, doing something that they probably think that they won't ever be able to do again. To know that it is possible..

I had the opportunity to get involved with the local radio station this morning too. They done a clip about her making fun of "the peg leg" and saying that there was a back stage contest going on about who "had to dance with the gimp"....... Needless to say, I called and spoke to the dj's of the morning show..

The thing that I resented the most is the fact that they were making so much fun of an amputee. They asked me why I wasn't happy about the clip... Well..... duh....... do you think someone who had just had a leg amputated and heard this crap on the radio is going to be very comfortable hearing it? I know that we all tend to settle in and get comfortable with it, after a time... but, this was just uncalled for.. Their reply was, "why, she's making fun of it?" I can't say (and told them so) that I have heard her make fun of it like that, the way they were doing it.... But of course.... when have you ever known an able bodied person with no familiarity to understand something like that... To them, it's all fun.....What a way to start the day.......geesh.....

In hindsight, someone should ask him how he would fair in a contest entitled: "Who had to dance with the IDIOT"

I bet he would win.....but then, there would be an awful lot of comptetition out there for that one.

Today's the day! Being a big fan of dance, I am so excited to see the show and watch Heather perform. I am sure she will do great!!

Heather is AKA not sure which side maybe R. What I wonder is what tyoe of limb she is wearing or does anyone know waht she wears?

BTW shw will be on Larry King tinight on CNN for anyone interested.

My previous post is to be corrected she is in deed bk. Not sure what I was thinkin.

Guest bearlover

:)

Hi

For someone who said they don't want any publicity she seems to be on nearly every chat show.

You can make your life more private if you try.

But I hope Heather does well at the dancing.

Pat

Ditto!

In hindsight, someone should ask him how he would fair in a contest entitled: "Who had to dance with the IDIOT"

I bet he would win.....but then, there would be an awful lot of comptetition out there for that one.

Good one, Jim.

Guest bearlover

Shallow mean people are everywhear.. What comes around goes around..This DJ sounds like a real idiot.

Do ya think she may be putting her life back together? Aren't we all in some stage of that, ourselves? I agree with the comments about the commontater, and yeah, I spelled that right! He displayed about as much sense and sensitivity as a bag of spuds.

We should be happy that she can get out there in front of millions of people and do so well!!

If I remember correctly, she lost her leg when she was 26. She's 39 now, so....about 13 yrs? Did anyone see her on Larry King last night? Good interview.

Guest bearlover

13 years! a experienced amputee. I hope I do that well in 10 years! Thanks :)

If I remember correctly, she lost her leg when she was 26. She's 39 now, so....about 13 yrs? Did anyone see her on Larry King last night? Good interview.

Yes, I did & she also had her pardner on with her....they also danced again... ;) ...very well done Heather. I am sure their dancing will be very well planed out,,,,,don't you? As the judges told her, be sure to rely on your partner.

Dose anyone know how long Heather has been a amputee?

I read in this weeks TV Guide, that she was walking near Kensington Palace in 1993 when she was hit by a police motercycle.

I know some things :D :blink: , but this is just something that I read. :) So don't hold me to it.

Dose anyone know how long Heather has been a amputee?

I read in this weeks TV Guide, that she was walking near Kensington Palace in 1993 when she was hit by a police motercycle.

I know some things :D :blink: , but this is just something that I read. :) So don't hold me to it.

You got it right Jim,

In August 1993, Heather was involved in a road accident with a police motorcycle and suffered numerous injuries including crushed ribs, a punctured lung, multiple fractures of the pelvis and the loss of her left leg below the knee.

Hi

Just watched the clip of Heather dancing and she was fantastic.

Lisa

Hi

Does anybody know if this show with Heather dancing is shown in the UK.

If do you know which channel?.

If you could help please could you let me know as I would like to watch it.

Pat.

Hi Pat

I'm not sure if it is showing in the Uk. I had to search for ages on the internet just to find a small clip of her dancing.

Lisa

Hi Pat

I'm not sure if it is showing in the Uk. I had to search for ages on the internet just to find a small clip of her dancing.

Lisa

Have you tried looking on YouTube, Lisa? They seem to have video clips of everything and anything on there.

Lizzie :)

I heard by word of mouth, and I think it is really great!!!!!!

I still havent saw her on t.v. but will get a chance just to see how talented she is.

An inspiration to me.

Lesley

Heather was on Letterman last night, she comes across with a great attitude and sense of humor about her amputation, that was enjoyable to listen to her stories.

It is 10:10PM in the states & I have just been blown :rolleyes: away by Heather...she was fantastic tonight on Dancing W/The Stars. She was wearing Kelly Green (jumpsuit) I think, with sequins and looked sensational!!! ;) I am so glad she is doing so well...her partner is a jewel :rolleyes:

Guest bearlover
Heather was on Letterman last night, she comes across with a great attitude and sense of humor about her amputation, that was enjoyable to listen to her stories.

I think a sense of humor is most important! I too have a sence of humor about my amputation..Some people don't like it...But it dose not bother me why should it bother someone else? :)

I think a sense of humor is most important! I too have a sence of humor about my amputation..Some people don't like it...But it dose not bother me why should it bother someone else? :)

I have always had a sense of humor about being an amputee, make jokes about it, and get kidded about it by friends, LOL, when I was working, I would get the occaisional BC comic with the pegleg guy, left on my desk, gave me a laugh. I only remember one guy in the Navy Hospital who didn't have a sense of humor about it, everyone else had a good outlook, I hope he did okay in life. I have always had anxiety issues from my accident, but the sense of humor stayed intact.

:D WOW ! WOW! YOU GO HEATHER

I have watched this show since it started, but now for the first time I have a good reason. I feel like I am truly rooting for a friend, She was AWESOME tonight, I just hope everyone who could vote did so.

She is truly an inspiration to all who have any kind of physical challenge and is definitely my Champion.

This is for you Heather:

Pattilyn :rolleyes:

:D WOW ! WOW! YOU GO HEATHER

I have watched this show since it started, but now for the first time I have a good reason. I feel like I am truly rooting for a friend, She was AWESOME tonight, I just hope everyone who could vote did so.

She is truly an inspiration to all who have any kind of physical challenge and is definitely my Champion.

This is for you Heather:

Pattilyn :ph34r:

OK..... :rolleyes: ....someone explain rooting to me :huh::rolleyes: