Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Karen

Heather Mills on "Dancing with the Stars"

I have to admit I do not normaly watch that type of show or much TV cause I feel it mostly a waste of time.

Skully Cat

I have to agree skully they are a wast of time. I don't care for such shows. But I have't seen it yet and don't want to. I did see part of her dacing on the morning show they showd...Yes she dose well from what I saw. But still have no desire to watch it. :)

I agree with both of you - to a point. There are a lot (spelled MOST) shows that I just will not watch on TV. There is nothing wrong with this one, but it is not really "our thing". However, in this instance, I have a reason to watch, and am fascinated how the lady has managed so far. Early on in our marriage, and before, my wife and I danced very well together, but now I'm afraid that I feel as clumsy as I look (or vice versa)

If something I normally don't watch has an episode of something relevant or information, I will watch it.

I never say never .........Well - maybe to some things on TV, (A lot of things actually) :lol: :lol:

But still have no desire to watch it. :)

Why not?

Hello Tom;

The only thing I can say is 'DITTO"

L

Whether she dose well or not..At least she tried is the thing!

Exactly! :)

Sometimes, great :rolleyes: minds think alike. I read what K. had to say, and the word that came to my mind was EXACTLY - then I scrolled down and saw that Tom was thinking the same thing. :lol:

She's willing to try and do her own thing. I have no more reason to be against that, than a two legged person wanting to fly to the moon.

I guess that the only point that I try to make is for some not to hold this up as something that amputees, MUST strive for. If I had two legs, I still would not want to take the time, energy and extreme effort to perfect the proper dance steps - or to learn the proper techniques to climb a mountain, not to mention the endless hours it takes to train and get into condition for.

If this is other peoples thing - then I say "go for it". I just don't want to overlook the everyday folk, who just want to take a walk with their kids, or go grocery shopping - or as I've said before, "climb a curb". For some people this is scary as all get out - and takes extreme bravery on their part.

Now, with all of that said, I intend to sit back and enjoy the show, and root for my home team - meaning, one or our own out there, not being afraid to seek her own goals. (That is - watch it when I can. It is not part of our normal schedule.)

It is my understanding that this lady has spent much of her time wandering the halls of hospitals, watching the wounded and new amputees, just trying to walk - or some semblance of, and offering encouragement. If what I've read is true, then she deserves a few minutes of my time watching her do her thing.

Great clips.

I smiled to myself when she was making the comment (when learning the jive) that she could kick with her right leg but couldn't balance on her left and although she would have no trouble balancing on her right leg she couldn't kick with her left! This is exactly the trouble I have every week and which I think my instructors have still not quite grasped. :rolleyes: I also agree that slow is often harder than fast.

Sue

Why not?

I'm with you, Marcia! I beam with pride every time I watch her! That'll be YOU at the ACA this June....you know they are offering ballroom dancing classes! :) XO

Karen

AKA

Orlando, FL

Why not?

I'm with you, Marcia! I beam with pride every time I watch her! That'll be YOU at the ACA this June....you know they are offering ballroom dancing classes! :) XO

Karen

AKA

Orlando, FL

Not me! I'm way too wobbly. I didn't know they were offering classes. I'll go if you'll go. I bet you and Cheri could do a mean tango :P

If anyone's interested but not seen it there's a few different clips from the show on YouTube now.

For your Convienence and Inspiration :D

Heather Mills & Jonathan - Fox Trot (Full Clip)

Heather Mills & Jonathan - Jive (Full Clip)

Thanks for posting those Johnny.

It shows what could be done, with determination and some native skill.

Not to say that we could all do that, but it does give us something to emulate if we care to.

Personally, I couldn't wear any of those dresses, they are too revealing. :o :o :o

Not me! I'm way too wobbly. I didn't know they were offering classes. I'll go if you'll go. I bet you and Cheri could do a mean tango :P

Marcia, the ACA listed the agenda for the conference on their website....check it out! I don't think I'd be any good at those classes - thinking a knee would be necessary? But who knows, I might give it a go if you do! :blink: ) Cheri will be going to the conference "sans leg" so she will probably be the most graceful dancer of us all.... she is an expert on crutches!!!!

XO

Karen

AKA

Orlando, FL

Cheri will be going to the conference "sans leg" so she will probably be the most graceful dancer of us all.... she is an expert on crutches!!!!

Except for when she fell and broke her stumpy... :o

I took a dance class at the first conference I attended. It was a hoot. You don't have to be good. You just go for a good time and to meet new people. They did have us dance at the dinner/dance. It was a lot of fun.

I saw that they were offering it and will probably take the class.

I saw that one on the schedule... I saw a LOT of interesting stuff on the schedule! I wish I could clone myself for the weekend, so I could take in twice as much!

Don't know if I'll manage to fit ballroom dancing in... but if some of you guys are going to take it, I'll definitely think about it!

Hey, I was just checking out the schedule and there's also a Salsa dance class. I think I'm going to the ballroom and salsa classes. I may not be able to do it but it sure will be fun to try. I'm all excited now!

I'm going to take the dance classes. I think it will be fun. We need to do a few fun things to mix with all the hard classes we'll be taking. Those tests can be fairly miserable.

I absolute hate studying at the bar until all hours..... <_<

Well, what did everyone think about Heather getting the boot? I was disappointed. Billy Ray Cyrus stinks and he's STILL there! :angry:

I certainly applaud her for getting in there and giving it her best. She is absolutely fearless.

Well, what did everyone think about Heather getting the boot? I was disappointed. Billy Ray Cyrus stinks and he's STILL there! :angry:

I certainly applaud her for getting in there and giving it her best. She is absolutely fearless.

:angry: Billy Ray Cyrus sure does stink....he is absolutely like a stone person trying to dance...and John(can't remember his last name) is not much better. His partner does all the dancing...he just walks around. I can not believe it....she was doing really good....GUESS I SHOULD HAVE BEEN A JUDGE!!!!!!!!! She deserved much better....she did some really neat things. :( :( BooHissHiss

Well, what did everyone think about Heather getting the boot?

lol... she got it because everyone else would have needed two... :P

I think that she wound up right where she was supposed to be. Far enough in to be respectable, but out before it she embarrased others who " couldn't keep up with someone with only one leg". :lol:

Look at the politics of it. Now, if my theorem is to be accepted, then it would mean that things were pre-arranged - AND, I don't believe that. BUT, it is an amazing coincidence that it did come out about right for many reasons. :P And I don't believe in coincidences either.

Of course, I am making light of it, but before it started, this is just where I figured she woudl wind up. Go figure??? :angry::angry::rolleyes: Tomorrow, I'm going to buy some lottery tickets. :P

Seriously - I think that she did great.

Hi Everyone:

One of my few messages, but I do read everything!

Just one question, and I really hope I don't offend anyone, but has anyone wondered why Heather has not replied to this "large" discussion about her wonderful performance on "Dancing With The Stars"?

I'd love to hear how she feels about this "incredible response" about her amazing feet on the show?

I really hope I'm not hurting or offending anyone. But I have never seen a response from Heather on this site, hopefully I have just missed it?

Heather, what do you think about how we all feel about you?

her amazing feet on the show?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Um :unsure: .......errrrrrrrrr :rolleyes: ........ :lol: :lol:

Sorry,,,,Sorry,,,

How wonderful her movements were, it was hard to tell which leg was artificial

You guys are tough

her amazing feet on the show?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Um :unsure: .......errrrrrrrrr :rolleyes: ........ :lol: :lol: