Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Hoggett

Has anyone ever got drunk while wearing there limb

Hi,

I just feel like getting a bit tipsy, but then just wondered if anyone has got drunk while wearing there limbs, and how did you cope with walking etc.

I'm just being nosey really. :-)

Ian

Has anyone HERE gotten drunk??? Well....no <_< Wait, maybe Cat has.

Hi,

I just feel like getting a bit tipsy, but then just wondered if anyone has got drunk while wearing there limbs, and how did you cope with walking etc.

Ian

I get drunk all the time... in fact I have an advantage... one of my legs isn't affected by the alcohol :)

Hi,

Ian

I always wear a helmet. :blink:

I thank God that I quit drinking 27 years ago, (for many reasons) 8 years before my amputation. I wasn't well coordinated then when drinking, I can't imagine how I would navigate today with one leg.

I'm a college student lol, so of course I've gotten drunk on many a weekend. I've never had any problems with falling over or losing my balance(I mean of course I sway or stumble a bit, if I've gotten REAL bad). I've sprinted through the middle of campus drunk without falling over too haha.

Has anyone HERE gotten drunk??? Well....no <_< Wait, maybe Cat has.

:blink::blink:

I'm sure you are a good girl Marcia :lol:

I've been to every extreme from tipsy to fall down drunk. I don't do it often any more though. :blink:

Then there was that famous night when I drank out of my leg.......which I don't recommend by the way ;) B)

I have been notoriously clumsy in the past (drinking or not) even before I lost my leg...so I don't really notice a difference. I did have a bit of an embaracement at my wedding though...I had a few glasses of wine and was pretty tipsy (and wearing heels which didn't help with stability)...went out on the dance floor, bumped into someone, and fell over! Every one was so scared that I was injured, but it is really not a lot different from falling with both real legs. My hubby quickly pulled me to my feet and I was fine :). I think as long as you don't get too out of control, having a few drinks is fun and safe to do even with a prosthetic.

Before my accident I always felt that if I had a few drinks I could dance better……maybe now a few drinks would make me walk better.

I fell out of bed once, without me leg, and stone-cold sober. Does that count? :P :P :P :P

Hell yeah....and we add new meaning to the saying "getting legless". Damn good excuse too....

Just make sure that when you fall down, and some kind person tries to pull you up off the floor, that your leg goes with you...... :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have to say that I am even less likely to fall when drunk than when sober - probably because I make sure to take extra care with every step. Normally I just rush around like a lunatic and don't always pay enough attention to how I have placed my foot and inevitably I overbalance.

Not that I drink very often of course ;) ;) ;)

Sue

i don't drink too much very often, usually i'm the designated driver :(

when i'm tired i stagger around like i'm drunk anyway! hate to think what i'm like when I HAVE had a drink, never noticed to be honest.......................too drunk :lol: :P

In all seriousness, I have never fallen over when drunk as a result of being an amputee... I think it really is the case that your artificial leg is not affected by the alcohol and that I tend to walk as a natural thing, it's not something I have to think about.

Hell yeah....and we add new meaning to the saying "getting legless".

Some more than others. B)

I think it really is the case that your artificial leg is not affected by the alcohol

Really? :rolleyes: And, what about the bit that's attached to your prosthesis? :rolleyes:

Lizzie :)

Before my accident I always felt that if I had a few drinks I could dance better……maybe now a few drinks would make me walk better.

Abel, I always think I walk better when I've had a few drinks. I also think I can fly better than Superman. :D

It's fun - sometimes!

I've been known to take it off at the bar and say " fill it up" just for the hell of it! I don't do it often, but now and then its quite funny.

:P Sue

I do drink a bit now and again and only a few weeks was in a club and did well all night with the stairs and just before i was leaving i fell down them due to drink :P and i was always leaving the leg in the porch when drunk and wondering where id put it in the morning

and i was always leaving the leg in the porch when drunk and wondering where id put it in the morning

Blimey :o so what are you saying Paul, us lot are hopeless on 2 legs when hammered, but you can HOP up the stairs to bed ;) Well done babe, i'm impressed!

Guest bearlover

No I haven't gotten drunk while wearing my leg....But I oftern walk like I do! :lol: Especailly @ a park on unevevn :lol: :lol: :lol: ground

I am not saying that you should try this at home, but it's been done, and rather recently, like last Saturday. :rolleyes: I went to my favorite Sushi place and closed the place down as the hot sachi was good that night. Maybe you would be better off trying it at home first. ;)

Yeah all the time :D but don't tell anyone.

I know a guy who was banned from a bar because he took his leg off and threw it at the band that were playing, don't think they were very good :D

Hi,

Thanks for your replies, I was just wondering how you were able to walk, it appears that most of the time it actually helps to be drunk.

This weekend I may just try and have a few at home, although it will be breaking my rule - not to drink alone.

Ian

you gotta try everything once! (well,,, most things, I'd leave shark baiting alone mate) :P

THINGS THAT ARE VERY DIFFICULT TO SAY WHEN YOU'RE DRUNK:

Specificity

British Constitution

Passive-aggressive disorder

Loquacious Transubstantiate

THINGS THAT ARE DOWNRIGHT IMPOSSIBLE TO SAY WHEN YOU'RE DRUNK:

Thanks, but I don't want to have sex

Nope, no more booze for me

Sorry, but you're not really my type

Good evening officer, isn't it lovely out tonight

Oh, I just couldn't. No one wants to hear me sing

-Bill ;)