Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Cat

The Question Game

Why do people get such joy listening to their own car alarms?

Because they know the car is still there.

Question- Why are the people who live above me so loud when they know I live below them? :blink:

They actually think they are being quiet....just wait till it gets loud :blink:

Why does the clock stop running during games of american football and basketball?

More time for TV and/or radio adverts, Cat! At least, that's the reason NOW.

Fess up, Joe... how many degrees ARE you from Kevin Bacon?

Ok, so if Bob Marley shot the Sheriff but he did not kill the deputy... then who did?

The Sheriff did by friendly fire and Bob was charged with two counts.

Question: Have you ever been "felony stopped"(guns drawn, the whole works) and then released because your car matched a description of a crime that just occured close by?

I'll take that one.

I must be very suspicious looking because I got hauled off the street once because a robbery had occurred just around the corner. It was a title company in Twin Falls, Idaho. Only problem was, I had my three year old son with me and he got hauled in too. When my son and I were shown to the people who had just been robbed, they started laughing. That didn't make the ambitious policeman's day.

Am I supposed to ask a question now?

Yep :lol:

What's your question? :P

Well, I was being a smart alec and "Do I have to ask a question?" was my question, but I will ask one more in the spirit of the game. Sorry if this is a repeat.

Who is your favorite author?

Oh, Kencor, we "got" it... you shouldn't have let Cat have the last word so easily!

Favorite author... Too hard to narrow it down to one! Douglas Adams is way up there (I'm on an Adams kick right now)... Frank Herbert, before he turned "Dune" into a cottage industry and shamelessly plugged that AWFUL film version... Amy Tan... Carolyn and Lisa See (mother and daughter authors who sometimes write on similar themes)... oh, it's just too hard to limit.......!

I'm listening to a program of jazz vocals on the radio now... Who is your favorite singer? (Not "band"... just the vocalist)

Michael Crawford. Anyone who can hold a note as long as he does is amazing. I think I saw him in Phantom 5 times.

On the subject of music, does music help your life, or is it just noise to listen to on th car radio?

Yes music helps my life but then I am a 'musician' as well as enjoying listening to it. By a musician I mean that I play piano and clarinet for my own pleasure (and once a week torture the congregation as church organist :D ). When you are stressed it can be very relaxing to spend an hour or two revisiting favourite pieces.

Next question: It is a bank holiday here today - do you think we should have another bank holiday and if so what would you like to commemorate and what date is it on?

Yes music helps my life but then I am a 'musician' as well as enjoying listening to it. By a musician I mean that I play piano and clarinet for my own pleasure (and once a week torture the congregation as church organist :D ). When you are stressed it can be very relaxing to spend an hour or two revisiting favourite pieces.

Next question: It is a bank holiday here today - do you think we should have another bank holiday and if so what would you like to commemorate and what date is it on?

St Georges Day - 23rd April

Bath or shower?

Hi all

Bath i love a deep long soak!

if you could go back in history to an event, which event and why?

nelly :unsure:

Had to answer the Bank hol Q

As i work in retail i am afraid i think it is unfair as we shop workers have to work on these particular days whilst those who are off don't use the day as a holiday but as an extra day to shop. Its a case of you cannot please everyone all of the time.

It won't be long before all shops are allowed to open 24/7. If at interview for jobs you don't agree to be fully flexible to cover then it goes against you.

I am not against Bank Holidays but lets make them Public Holidays and give everyone the day off.

St George's day, April 23rd, should be made a Public Holiday, at least in England

Do you shop mainly on the high street or online

Guest bearlover

Never shopped on line...Malls or discount stores!

What is your favorite summer thing to do?

Spa/hot springs day-trip with friends! (Now you've got me wanting one!)

What are your vacation plans for this year?

Guest bearlover

What's a vacation? :lol:

Gas is $3.23 here in Albany, NY...What is the price in your part of the world?

I would have liked to go back in time to the day before the dinosaurs became extinct to see exactly what happened to make them extinct. If I was alive then I would probably breathed a sigh of relieve!

Gas prices? Average petrol prices in the UK are £0.95 per litre. That equates to about $9.50 per gallon. Please correct me if that is disputed.

Petrol or Diesel cars and why?

I would have told Dave not to ride his bike that day.

Thanks for the very kind thought Joe. ;) :) :) :)

Question: What do you like to eat? Freshwater or Saltwater Fish?

Both!

Where do you plan to travel on your next vacation trip?

I'm off to Kefalos in July with a couple of friends

what are you having for dinner tonight?

Thanksgiving Dinner... the whole thing: roast turkey basted with my own garlic/herb butter; cornbread stuffing with sausage and cranberries; mashed potatoes and gravy; sweet potato puff (soufflé-lick, but not as demanding); green beans almondine; and fruit salad with vanilla cream dressing and pumpkin pie for dessert.

I'm generally a pretty good cook, but that meal just goes together sooo well!

Who's going to win "Dancing With the Stars"?

The What??

Who's going to win the Melbourne Cup? :P