Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Cat

The Question Game

Jim, you're my hero.

Favourite tree - Oak

On work days I like to get up early and (weather permitting) sit outside with my tea and toast and watch the day unfold - I hate lying in bed until the last minute.

which one are you?

Guest bearlover

Iam a get right up right away type person. :)

When will spring arrive?

Guest bearlover
May 22

Who was your first love?

My wonderful husband of 11 years!! :) :)

Do you work in the mornnig or evening? Or retired?

May 22

Who was your first love?

Are we talking love or lust? My wife is my only real "come along - once in a lifetime" love. The other...... What was the question again? <_< :unsure:

Mark/Sparky, coming from you my friend, makes that one of the most decent compliments I have received. That goes both ways - absolutely.

Yes, I like the Oaks also K.

How many men on here can really cook (I can't), and how many women know how to put water in a radiator.

Guest bearlover

Well I don't know how to put water in a radiator at all jim. :o :unsure: But I can cook. My husband is still alive so I quess I do ok at that :lol:

Do you like roller coasters?

NOT a coaster fan! When Space Mountain opened at Disneyland, I went once, at my sister's urging. My experience there killed whatever tiny bit of coeater enthusiam I may have once had.

I had a new camera along with me... a big, heavy Konica 35mm SLR (hey... it was a big deal at the time!) hanging around my neck on an equally heavy leather strap. When we got on the ride, I left the camera around my neck, but tucked it underneath the retraint bar. Halfway through the ride, the camera came loose, started bashing me in the chest, and the strap started to twist and contract around my neck.

I had absolutely NO idea that was what was happening to me. (The ride, for those who don't know, is an indoor coaster, and you're whipping about in near-total darkness.) All I knew was that I had staggering chest pains and couldn't breathe, and I was stuck on a roller-coaster!

"I'M GOING TO DIE ON SPACE MOUNTAIN!" started running through my head... and by the time we came back into the light, and I could see what was going on and get the camera untangled, I was in pretty sorry shape!

That pretty well did it for me..........

And just to get a word in on Jim's questions:

My dad was a very good cook, and he's the one who taught me. And I'm not a mechanic by any means, but I can check and add various fluids as needed, keep my tires at the proper pressue, and I was pumping my own gas (to same money) loooong before self-serve was common. I could do more before car engines became a mass of tightly-packed computer modules.

Question: WHY, when I have a job that starts at 7:30 in the morning, does my body-clock insist on keeping me up until 11:00 at night (or later)?

You are obviously a victim of an insidious genetic disorder called Australian Eastern Standard Time syndrome.

The cure is to move here. :lol:

What's your favorite smell?

My work is my exercise. Personally, I never could see standing in a gym working like the dickens, and when you are through - other than the physical exercise - nothing is moved, built, or repaired. Everything is still the same. (This is definitely just speaking for myself.)

I mow a lawn, repair the house, mend the fence, clean the roof - or work in the shop.

Oh, and by the way - I used to manage a gym (Vic Tannys Gyms), in San Diego, CA in the early 1960's

For those who don't know, Vic Tanny and Jack LaLane, used to hold different world titles in body building in the late 1950's and the early 1960's. Jack LaLane went on to do his own TV shows etc. and Vic Tanny had a string of gyms around the country, "for the common man/woman".

It may not have been my thing, but it paid good money. Then I would go home and "work" for my exercise, on the evenings and weekends. :lol:

What is the first thing that you do when you get up in the morning? Immediately. (And the toilet doesn't count since it's expected. :P )

I look at the time to see if I woke too early (typical).

What would you wear to a fancy dress party (no "pirates" allowed) ?

Not my turn but I had to respond to the most expensive thing I ever bought....

A marriage license

:unsure: Ah, we have a joker in the crowd

A marriage license

I'm afraid to say that was true for me too.... :(

fancy dress party!

The clue is in the question, a "fancy dress" of course something with a bit of lace!

Seriously tho a few years back i helped on a carnival float and was dressed as a lion, it tuned out to be the hottest day of the year! I was half the man i was before it started!

I love making cakes whats your favourite cake?

nelly

A marriage license

Somehow, I got the impression that he wasn't joking. :lol: :P (Nor was Ally)

fancy dress party!

The clue is in the question, a "fancy dress" of course something with a bit of lace!

Seriously tho a few years back i helped on a carnival float and was dressed as a lion, it tuned out to be the hottest day of the year! I was half the man i was before it started!

I love making cakes whats your favourite cake?

nelly

Nelly, I make a mean Black Forest Gateau

Coffee, white or black?

I agrree with Paul Newman. He showed up at the Kennedy Center Honors, where the President, Senators, congressmen and others were all in their tuxedo's. Newman had on a sport jacket and slacks. He told the audience, that when he turned 70, he burnt his tuxedo. B)

I totally agree. At this age, we still want to be socially acceptable, (to a point), but don't really care if we impress anyone or not.

I'd wear my Levi's and cowboy boots with a blue blazer. My dress boots - of course, and a newer pair of Levi's. I'm no slob. :lol: :lol: Oh yes, an open neck dress shirt - no tie. (I haven't put on a regular tie in 27 years. Maybe a western string tie - loose, but that's all.)

Oh Yes - the very first thing I do when I get up in the morning - is to put my leg on. :lol: :lol:

Coffee absolutely black - not to terribly stong, but not weak either. No Haf and Haf (milk & coffee).

Do you wear cotton, wool or silicone socks with your prosthesis - and why?

Teeth? At birth? Showing? None, of course... but they'll be along soon!

Cheryl, I actually was born with 2 teeth. :o Mine were called milk teeth and dissolved within about 6 weeks. I had a friend in Virginia whose little girl was born with 2 teeth and they didn't go away. So - it does happen.

Guest bearlover

I agrree with Paul Newman. He showed up at the Kennedy Center Honors, where the President, Senators, congressmen and others were all in their tuxedo's. Newman had on a sport jacket and slacks. He told the audience, that when he turned 70, he burnt his tuxedo. B)

I totally agree. At this age, we still want to be socially acceptable, (to a point), but don't really care if we impress anyone or not.

I'd wear my Levi's and cowboy boots with a blue blazer. My dress boots - of course, and a newer pair of Levi's. I'm no slob. :lol: :lol: Oh yes, an open neck dress shirt - no tie. (I haven't put on a regular tie in 27 years. Maybe a western string tie - loose, but that's all.)

Oh Yes - the very first thing I do when I get up in the morning - is to put my leg on. :lol: :lol:

Coffee absolutely black - not to terribly stong, but not weak either. No Haf and Haf (milk & coffee).

Do you wear cotton, wool or silicone socks with your prosthesis - and why?

Wool, Theyare more comfortable and don't loose thier shape and last longer! :)

Can you still "feel " your toes? : :unsure:

Most definitely. I can feel my whole limb - leg, foot, toes.

Do you believe in miracles?

Guest bearlover

I want to but Ima a doubting Thomas :o

Do your like cats or dogs or both?

I own dogs now, but have had both in the past. I like both, but not too keen on a litter box again.

Do you ever get those d*mn infected hair follicles?

Guest bearlover

Breakfast is done here it is Lunch time and almost dinner time. any way for breakfast it was Pancakes and bacon!

Whst's for dinner?

feeling sexy

what's your fav tv program?