Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Cat

The Question Game

What would you wear to a fancy dress party (no "pirates" allowed) ?

I agrree with Paul Newman. He showed up at the Kennedy Center Honors, where the President, Senators, congressmen and others were all in their tuxedo's. Newman had on a sport jacket and slacks. He told the audience, that when he turned 70, he burnt his tuxedo. B)

I totally agree. At this age, we still want to be socially acceptable, (to a point), but don't really care if we impress anyone or not.

I'd wear my Levi's and cowboy boots with a blue blazer. My dress boots - of course, and a newer pair of Levi's. I'm no slob. :lol: :lol: Oh yes, an open neck dress shirt - no tie. (I haven't put on a regular tie in 27 years. Maybe a western string tie - loose, but that's all.)

Oh Yes - the very first thing I do when I get up in the morning - is to put my leg on. :lol: :lol:

Coffee absolutely black - not to terribly stong, but not weak either. No Haf and Haf (milk & coffee).

Do you wear cotton, wool or silicone socks with your prosthesis - and why?

Wool, Theyare more comfortable and don't loose thier shape and last longer! :)

Can you still "feel " your toes? : :blink:

Amazingly i can fell my foot and my toes but only when i wear my leg and it is so real i actually forget i am wearing the leg sometimes, this is especially weird as pre-amp i hah had no feeling in my right foot especially toes dues to nuropathy weird or what

nelly

How do i relax?

Having a long soak with fizzer from a locally based soap company they fizz in the bath and make u smell really nice!

nelly

sparky srt your avator out its making me dizzy! :lol:

Sorry next question

What was your favorite childhood toy and why?

http://www.lush.co.uk/

these people are great make really cool stuff and made their shops more accessable when i pointed it out to them, they even do mail order and have shops worldwide, but based a few miles from me, they even have one in oz for u cat!

And no i'm not on commission

nelly

Favorite toy was any ball that could be bounced, thrown or kicked.

What's your favorite thing to wear?

When i get the chance i love to dress up in a full dinner jacket, bow tie the lot!

Where were you born?

nelly

Levi's and sport shirt (or T shirt), with the tail hanging out.

Yes, I can feel my toes and other parts of my foot all of the time. Muted, but still like they were there.

Most difficult thing being an amputee is ................. I don't know - nothing. I just don't think about it. Life's good.

Favorite TV show. BONES About a Smithsonian forensic anthropologist that works with the FBI - cute and very well written. House is somewhere on that list also.

Amputation take away that sexy feeling??? Nawww. Why??

No, I don't have hair foloculitis - ever.

Favorite toy - My "little Red Wagon"

Relax?? Watching TV in the evening after work is done with my wife for an hour or two. Pure contentment.

Can you swim - or were you able to swim before the amputation? Either one.

How do you hanle the heat with a prosthetic on?

I change socks, (and re-powder), in midday if need be. That's all. No problem.

Guest bearlover

I can swim now and before my amputation.

How many pl sock do you start the day with and end the day with?

I usually start out with a five-ply, then add a 3-ply half sock sometime around noon, making it "five on top; eight on the bottom." I've stayed at this level for several months now, so I guess my stump truly IS stabilizing.

What was your favorite childhood bedtime story?

The Lion the witch and the wardrobe.

What was the last bargain you got?

Guest bearlover

A winter jacket for $2.00 on sale plus 60% off and a coupon!

Would you drive a car that changes colors?

Would you drive a car that changes colour?

No.

Who is the most annoying person you know?

Sue

My ex mother in law helped put the nails in the coffin with my marriage

do u have a reacurring dream, if so whats is it about?

nelly

Nope, I have rarely dreamed at all,(at least that I remember) since my accident... weird when you think about it...

Why is it, that your "residual limb" / stump (take your pick which version you prefer to use) has to change with the seasons?

Guest bearlover

Oh yes! <_< my stump changes with the seasons and the weather. Especially with the climate.

What is the most valuable lesson you have learned in life?

A car changing colors???? Never heard of one.

Annoying person.......ME

Usually just one sock per day - except in extremely hot weather on an active day.

No Dreams

My stump stays the same, 12 months a year and 24/7 I never have to add or delete socks, even with a weight change. I've gained 20 pounds since last summer, but that will fade back down, since I don't retain weight long. My stump doesn't gain or lose any excess weight. (My wife says that it is all in my upper body.

Most valuable lesson??

When working on a car one day, I was haveing a dickens of a time taking a nut off of a bolt. My father took the wrench, and carefully - but forcefully slowley took it off. He then said: "When working with something like this, treat it like a woman - FIRM BUT GENTLE.

The real valuable lessons are too serious for here, like: "I become a jerk when I drink - so I don't".

Which do you prefer in cars - Two door or four door.

Guest bearlover

two door for me..4 door for hubby.

What is your favorite palce to visit?

two door for me..4 door for hubby.

What is your favorite palce to visit?

If you mean locally - Ashridge Forest. It is about a 20minute drive but there are lovely walkways through the forsest, a couple of wheelchair trails and they have electric buggies for the disabled and elderly to use for free.

If you mean further afield then Florida - we are going for the fourth time in December.

What was your favourite book as a child?

Webster's Unabridged Dictionary of the English Language.

Really.

Not only did I figure that it had the words of every other book in the world in it, I could also sit on it as a stool, sit behind it and use it as a table, or prop it up and hide behind it. VERY useful for a small child!

Favorite book to READ as a child: "Through the Looking Glass."

Have you ever been to the ballet?

Guest bearlover

I like that expression too! "I wish I could be the person my dog thinks Iam"

How long have you been a amputee?

Book - "The Horns of Gur". An Indian story about a sacred buffalo, given to me when I came out of the orphanage in 1941. I still have it.

Favorite place to visit - the pier in Santa Barbara, CA

Ballet - No, I've never gone (They'd probably make me wear a tie :) )

My leg - It's been 18 years since my leg was amputated (actually just half of it below the knee). I didn't lose it - I know exactly where it went and who took it. :P

I agree - I dont' consider myself an amputee, any more than I am a "kidney-eee" ( or whatever). I have had variious parts and pieces taken in the name of "saving me". Well I'm here, so I'd better not complain.

I just have one leg that is shorter than the other, because my foot died and they had to amputate it, before it killed the rest of me.

My greatest aspiration? To be worthy of my family. (I believe that I am, but it is a constant endeavor.)

What did you used to want to be when you grew up and did you make it?

Guest bearlover

I always wanted ot work with children or be a teacher..Iam a teaching assistant in a first grade class. I have always worked with children. Also I have worked with children with special needs, A very rewarding and motivating job. Children are my passion in life since the lord has not blessed my husband and I with them.

Has amputation made you a stronger person?

Amputation has just been another "event" on my journey through life. It was not an enjoyable one - that is for sure, but I don't use it to define myself.

It is the combination of my events, starting with my family's rejecting us when we were small (my brothers and sisters), and on and on through life. However, with that said - I have been very fortunate and have experienced great joy as well as sadness.

All of the experiences in life make us what we are today - the good and the bad. And I like who I am today, even if it took what it took. Soo, with that said, I wouldn't change a thing.

What would you change if you could?

Guest bearlover

The location we live in.

Have you ever said something jokinly and had regrets?