Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Stagger Lee

Greetings

Hello all.

New to the forum and fairly new to the community in general. Until this past summer I was a motorcycle cop in the eastern US. Thanks to a woman driver who wasn't paying attention, I'm now a left BKA working very hard to get back on the job.

So since I've got tons of downtime and a computer, I figured I'd pop in here and see what's going on.

So what's going on?

:rolleyes:

Hello all.

New to the forum and fairly new to the community in general. Until this past summer I was a motorcycle cop in the eastern US. Thanks to a woman driver who wasn't paying attention, I'm now a left BKA working very hard to get back on the job.

So since I've got tons of downtime and a computer, I figured I'd pop in here and see what's going on.

So what's going on?

:D Greetings & welcome....wasn't there a song Stagger Lee? :blink: Geez, my age is showing :ph34r:

G'day and welcome to our "home".

Hope you can join in the fun. :P

Cat

Welcome.

You'll find everybody really helpful and friendly.

Sue

And from me, welcome. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Yip, surely was a song called Stagger Lee (asked my great aunt :P )

I'm Ally, RAK from an auto accident in 1995. Also from someone not paying attention....ah, what can you do hey? We're still here and thriving!

:)

Hello all.

So what's going on?

Hi Stagger, welcome to the forum. We'll only let you see what's going on if you're off duty :D

Welcome Stagger Lee. What's going on? LIFE.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. I hope you can get your job back. The people in the ivory tower don't understand that prostheses are a minor inconvenience.

Hi Stagger, welcome to the forum. We'll only let you see what's going on if you're off duty :D

Oh, so it's gonna be like that, is it? :lol:

Well I'm definitely off duty for the near future. And so is my crazy ex-police dog Lagniappe. So I'm guessing we'll be around. So thanks for the welcomes.

And yes, Stagger Lee is one of the most-covered and greatest old-time Blues songs ever. Everybody in the Blues scene seems to have done a version of it at one time or another. If you don't know this song and it's story, you cannot officially be "cool". B)

The Grateful Dead did a version...............

1948, xmas eve, with a full moon over town

Stagger lee shot billy delions

And he blew that poor boy down.

Do you know what he shot him for?

What do you make of that?

Cause billy delions threw the lucky dice

Won stagger lee's stetson hat.

Bayo, bayo, tell me how can this be?

You arrest the girls for turning tricks

But you're scared of stagger lee.

Stagger lee is a madman and he shot my billy d.

Bayo go get him or give the job to me.

Delia delions, dear sweet delia-d

How the hell can i arrest him? he's twice as big as me.

Well don't ask me to go downtown, i won't come back alive.

Not only is that mother big but he packs a .45.

Bayo, delia said, just give me a gun

He shot my billy dead now i'm gonna see him hung.

She went into the delion's club through billy delions blood

Stepped up to stagger lee at the bar,

Said, "buy me a gin fizz, love."

As stagger lee lit a cigarette she shot him in the balls

Blew the smoke off her revolver, had him dragged to city hall

Bayo, bayo, see you hang him high

He shot my billy dead and now he's got to die.

Delia went a walking down on singapore street

A three-piece band on the corner played "near my god to thee"

But delia whistled a different tune, what tune could it be?

The song that woman sung was "look out stagger lee".

The song that delia sung was "look out stagger lee".

Or so my great aunty says... ;)

Guest bearlover

:) :) Hello and welcome abord! Happy you joined. Best wishes to you :)

Well thank you.

I guess I'd best pick me out an Avatar too. Perhaps I should try one of my earliest role models from my tender formative years... :P

Well thank you.

I guess I'd best pick me out an Avatar too. Perhaps I should try one of my earliest role models from my tender formative years... :P

I guess Sergeant Hans Schultz would be a role model for chocaholics :D

"I know nothing, I see nothing, and I say nothing!"

"Is that chocolate?"

Well thank you.

I guess Sergeant Hans Schultz would be a role model for chocaholics :D

"I know nothing, I see nothing, and I say nothing!"

"Is that chocolate?"

Well thanks everyone.

Wow--diverse crowd here. People from lots of interesting places...and someone for Ohio too. :lol:

Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome to the forum, Stagger. I remember the song Stagger Lee from way back when. I think I was in the 5th grade when it came out. I still love it the original version best. Great song.

We're basically a family here so just jump right in. Glad you found us. Lagniappe too.

Stagger, your home page is quite intresting! :)

Oh man. I forgot that people could see that. Note to self: STOP blindly filling in boxes just because a website asks for the info.

But it's my page for rambling on about whatever--the one-legged cop, his crazy dog, their house, opinions, etc. And yeah, sometimes it's a touch right of center on issues political, but it passes the time when I can't get out and do much else. My injury is discussed in the Aug/Sept 2006 archives, other than that, it's pretty much history, guns, and current events, interspersed with pictures and stories about a whacky German Shepherd. :rolleyes:

And Lagniappe sends his regards.

IMG_0123.JPG

Guest bearlover
And Lagniappe sends his regards.

IMG_0123.JPG

Awww What a beautiful dog! is he a K9 dog? I love dogs.. Lagniappe is s cool name :)

Awww What a beautiful dog! is he a K9 dog? I love dogs.. Lagniappe is s cool name :)

He was once. Now he's just a semi-psychotic pet. Biggest problems are his Jekyll and Hyde mood swings when he suddenly decides that he's protecting something and his rather annoying habit of alerting to marijuana on anyone that we encounter anywhere if they have so much as a joint on them. That makes for some rather interesting scenes, let me tell ya.

But for the most part, he's just good company and a decent traveling companion these days.

Guest bearlover

He was once. Now he's just a semi-psychotic pet. Biggest problems are his Jekyll and Hyde mood swings when he suddenly decides that he's protecting something and his rather annoying habit of alerting to marijuana on anyone that we encounter anywhere if they have so much as a joint on them. That makes for some rather interesting scenes, let me tell ya.

But for the most part, he's just good company and a decent traveling companion these days.

:lol: :lol:

So then he deserves a good retirment! Just being a old boy around the house!

Sounds like you are both "off duty" - for the time being. Gives you more time for this club .

I met an "on duty", amputee highway patrolman in California, just a year - or so - after I lost my leg ("88) My small truck had thrown a rod pulling a camping trailer up the "grapevine" out of Bakersfield, and he stopped to help. He was back on the road, working as usual. It's been so long, but I want to say that he was an AKA, also. (left)

I also have a friend who lost his leg the last week of WWII and still went on to jump into Korea with the 101st Airborne, and then later went on to Vietnam. He retired as a Full "Bird" Colonel.

We really can do all sorts of things with this "wooden leg" of ours - if we set our mind to it.

Welcome aboard

Welcome Stagger,

I also lost my leg due to a motorcycle accident way back in 1981-1982. year trying to save my leg, but the bone infection set in and I elected amputation. I must admit I get along 25 times better than I would have if I would have saved my leg. My issues are with those dreaded phantom pains.

Well you have found some fantastic folks here and have some fun in here Jerry