Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
paul

feeling down

hi, For a few weeks ive been feeling low due to new socket it was that bad ive swapped back to my old one again Im back at my Limb tommorrow to sort things out, Im 8 years in soon and im wondering should i have some councelling coz im feeling very teary all the time the sores ive had have made me feel like im starting out again from the beginning.

paul

:( sorry you're down babe, hope you feel better soon, counceling always helped me :)

Big Hug x

Sorry to hear how you're feeling Paul... you sound like a pretty established amputee. I don't think you need councelling, you need a different prosthetist. Unfortunately, it's the way it is sometimes, you've got to make a nuisance of yourself. If you are experiencing sores as a rule and feeling as down as you sound, something is wrong. Be proactive and politely but firmly let everyone know how you're feeling. The one thing you can be sure of is that there will be a way to make things better, it's just finding it.

I wish you the best of luck... be positive and go and get what you have a right to, and that's not to feel the way you do. You need to make them understand that... you need a leg that fits... that's not too much to ask.

Hi Paul

If I was you I would discuss how you feel with your Doctor. I see a councellor and a psychologist who is a cognitive behaviourist. I go through real highs and lows like a rollercoaster. It may be that you need your socket changing or it could be the start of something else. It's better to get it sorted as soon as you can. Never be afraid to ask for help!

I hope you feel better soon.

Lisa

Hey Paul , this is the first time i have heard you so down, your usually right chirpy.

I know it gets you down when you are sore, there is nothing worse, once you are sorted i hope you get back to normal pretty quick.

PM me whenever

(( :) hugs)) Lesley xx

post-654-1177442664.gif

Hi Paul,

Sorry to read that you are having such a bad time at the moment.

Im a few years behind you in the amputee stakes (ive just past 2 ½ years ) so I have no great words of wisdom except its all in the fit , if the socket don’t fit comfortable you will feel like S..T even I know that,

It’s the prosthesis that you need to talk to not some shrink!!! You know why you are feeling low you don’t need them to tell you that,

Go visit your limb centre!! Get it sorted!! & and get on with the rest of your life.

And take care ……………..Mick lak

Sorry to hear how you're feeling Paul... you sound like a pretty established amputee. I don't think you need councelling, you need a different prosthetist. Unfortunately, it's the way it is sometimes, you've got to make a nuisance of yourself. If you are experiencing sores as a rule and feeling as down as you sound, something is wrong. Be proactive and politely but firmly let everyone know how you're feeling. The one thing you can be sure of is that there will be a way to make things better, it's just finding it.

I wish you the best of luck... be positive and go and get what you have a right to, and that's not to feel the way you do. You need to make them understand that... you need a leg that fits... that's not too much to ask.

I concur. I'm waiting out a sore on me own stump so know somewhat where you're at.

If you're back to your old socket, it's fairly sure that the new one is bogus. Let us know how it comes out.

Hi all thxs for the comments

I ve been upto my Limb c they sorted my old socket out sooo im not getting the pinches im due back soon to sort out sockets and things , They sent me home with some potion for the sores, Ive not had no Counceling yet i might BUT i think i should stop getting low and think of how far ive come from when i become a amputee, all that chemo and stuff ,ive been through far worse,, sooooo im alot happier now due to my Family my wife and a few friends ive met through being a amputee. And im away Fishing for a few days has from tomorrow yiippppeeeee :P Thanks all bye

paul :D

Paul enjoy the fishing and hope you feel better soon thinking of you .

raven

Hey Paul - we all have down days that creep up on us no matter how long we've been amps for.

I ditto everything that Joe.A. said.

And this weekend away may be just the medicine you need. Clear your head, rest a while, and just enjoy.

Let us know how it goes,

Ally

I am with Joe & Ally and the rest with different suggestions.

Fishing sounds like a great diversion.

I go and have deep tissue massage everyother week to work out the kinks. That helps.

When I think I am having emotional pain I go and have pain therapy, I either get a tatto or a piercing to remind me I am grateful to be alive.

It works for me.

Or I sit in my brothers shop and listen to the people wine about there life, I am sure the tattoo artists think they are a psychiatrist at times. My life is not so bad.

I do not discredit counsel or medication if you have exhausted other outlets and it is affecting your quality of life it is there for a reason.

But sometimes some of the best and cheapest counsel I have had has been venting on here. It does not cost me a dime, the majority understand and nobody feeds into me stupid moments. I do have on a occasion.

As far as pain and poor socket fitting, crap I can relate I am sitting in a wheel chair after a revision because of the mess the surgeons left. Mine was an absolute need for revsiion. But if yours is just you need a new leg guy by all means find one. If not have a doc check it out and see if it is revision issues.

It is depressing going back and forth but you can survive it you said yourself you had been through worse.

I heard a preacher say one time what is worse, a tornado, huricaine, or a thunderstorm; which ever one you are in right now. Pain is pain and it all sucks!

Good luck

Skully Cat

Catch a bigun for me chuck, glad your feeling a bit perkyer babe, take care xx

Hey Paul - there's an old saying "nobody ever had a bad day fishing". Have a great time. :)

Hiya all well ive had me weekend away it was wicked, the sunshined peacefull lots af lager :P and wine ,The fishing was good but i didnt get that bigun Hazel me brother got it first lol but it was a brilliant time lots of smaller fish and i feel good and got tan :D

Hazel whats stercus accidit mean youve changed it???

bye all xxxxxxxxx

paul

Hi all, I went for some councelling yesterday it went well i know now ive more than a dodgie socket stuck in my mind

bye

paul

Hi Paul,

I'm 5 years out now, and every now and then, I think it is worse than it was when it was all new, post accident. I think that we all deal in our own way, but the fit of a socket can certainly make things a lot worse.

If counseling is what it takes for you, then good, you do what you got to do. If not, then..... MORE FISHING....

For me, it's either getting on my horse and riding, or Hubby and I getting the wind in our faces on motorcycle. Either way,, glad to hear that your spirits sound so much better....

Cheers Higgy, i am at times ok then others im gone i hope the councelling will now get me sorted out im usually the happiest man out but just lately for a few a weeks ive not been with it, being a pain in the asre i think some people would say lol .everythings keeps pilling on me and putting be back down, i smiled last night Liverpool beat chelsea yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeee :P So im going get back to the Paul they all no and love :D