Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Marilyn

Re-introduction!

Greetings,

Many of you might remember me, but I'm sure there are new amps here whom I've missed meeting due to my inactivity the past several months.

I'm RBKA since August, 05. Lost my leg due to complications from several cancer operations.

I was plugging along ok, and posting frequently until August, 06, when I lost my son to suicide (he was only 26). The amputation was difficult enough to endure, but the loss of my son was a much MUCH bigger loss! I'll get over losing my leg, but never get over losing my son.

Anyhow, I'm feeling like I'll live and just wanted to introduce myself to the newer members here! I look forward to meeting you all.

And I'm busy trying to catch up on all the postings I've missed!

:) I am so glad you are back to contribute to our forum....we have missed you... ;) ...you have been through so much this past year and I for one, am glad to have you back.

Glad to see you back in the forum.

You can easily catch up to the "drift" of things.

They can make us prosthetic limbs, but when a loved one is gone, they can only remain in your heart.

It sounds like you're "coping" but if you want to PM me (I have some personal experience with these things).

Marilyn, glad that you feel like coming bck, your humor was missed. I'm sure that it won't take long to get the drift of what's on the board.... Welcome back old friend...

I am so glad you have come to the point that you could get back among people, Marilyn. You have really paid some awful dues.

How'd the bike ride go?

Maryl

I am so glad you have come to the point that you could get back among people, Marilyn. You have really paid some awful dues.

How'd the bike ride go?

Maryl

Maryl, I'm a bit frustrated with my trike at the moment!

I rode it several days ago (only one mile -- I'm incredibly outta shape!) only to slowly get a flat tire. My brother came over with new tube and supplies and showed me how to change it, and etc.

I went out today ready for a ride, and the stinking NEW tube is flat. Hubby is out there pondering the issue. I told him that I think we'll pump it up and take a short ride and see if it will hold air. There is something NOT RIGHT! Ah well, I'll get it figured out. This is the least of my troubles, though it sure is annoying getting a new toy that seems to have 'issues'!

Welcome back, friend... it's so good to see you coming back to life! You're right, of course... losing a loved one is so much more traumatic than losing a limb. You've been through so much, in such a short time... but you'll be able to hold Luke in your heart forever, and with time the good memories will be what come to the forefront and stay with you.

You've been greatly missed here...!

welcome back honey, lovely to see ya xx

Glad you're back, Marilyn and really glad you're feeling better.

Hi Marilyn, my heart and prayers go out to you. Welcome back and thank you for your humour in my time of need.

thanks for all the warm welcome backs!

Jerry, I don't know exactly where in WV your city is, but you live in a beautiful state here in the USA!

Hey Marylin!! :D :D

Hey Shane, I missed ya dude! :)

Hey Marylin!! :D :D

Hi Marilyn and welcome back to the group. Guess you will be busy reading lots of stuff. Hope all goes well with you.

Hi Marilyn, I'll send you some photos of my home, so check your inbox later. The new development across the road from my house has a website with great photos. www.broomgrass.com check it out if you have a few minutes. I'm real glad to see you back.. :D :D :D

post-1447-1178115889_thumb.jpg

Jerry, your place is gorgeous! God's country, as we like to say! I'll check out the website soon.

I'm glad to be feeling good enough to be back with my friends here!

Welcome back Marilyn.

Dearest Marilyn,

Welcome back!

I don't know if you remember me.

I've just rejoined the forum after a lengthy absence.

I was saddened to read about the loss of your son.

I lost one of my few friends recently, and two penpals that I got to know

on a sarcoma forum are now battling terminal cancer.

Hope we all can manage to cheer you up a bit.

Love,

Mike

Hello again, Mike!

Of course I remember you!

I'm doing much better, but still have my moments.

I understand completely your own issues. I've been on Prozac since 1995. I've tried to wean myself off it periodically, but that is a huge mistake. Within six weeks, I'd crash -- always!

My doc upped my dosage after my son passed, and it does help. God only knows where I'd be without ad's.

Glad you feel up to rejoining us!

Marilyn

Great pics, Jerry. The snow is beautiful.