Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Marilyn

Marilyn is 'Street Legal'

Lordy folks, I know I am about the slowest amputee to regain her life, ever, but at least I'm doing it! I do know that if I had not lost my son, I'd have been further along in this learning curve.

At long last, I took my driver's test (today) and passed it with flying colors! Whoo Hoo! Since I'm a RBKA, I'm using a left foot accelerator. The guy took no points off for anything, so I guess you could say I aced it. The examiner was very enthusiastic with how well I did -- he commented over and over about how usually "experienced" drivers screw up in not stopping BEHIND the stop sign and all that. Well, I told him I'd been trained in adaptive driving and they told me what to do to pass the test.

Watch out, Marilyn's on the road again!

:D :D WELL DONE :D :D

It must feel great to be able to drive on your own now - Congratulations

Well done Marilyn,

There will be no holding you back now, such freedom.

Lynne

he commented over and over about how usually "experienced" drivers screw up in not stopping BEHIND the stop sign and all that.

But......the stop signs arent on the road :rolleyes:

Well done Marilyn......very proud of you :D

Congrats!!

But now I'll have something else to watch out for when I come through next year. :rolleyes::blink::unsure:

-Bill

Great news, Marilyn... it doesn't matter how long it takes you to get there, as long as you keep moving!

I know that being able to drive again was a BIG milestone for me... enjoy your freedom!

Thanks to everyone for their kind words!

I'm happy with every victory.

Joe A., I'll be right over! :D (do I remember correctly that you are in PA?)

Congrats, Marilyn. Nothing like regaining your independence :)

Guest bearlover

:) Sweet independance and freedom!! YOU GO GIRL congratulations!! Yipee!! :) :lol: :D

Marilyn

Well done! You should be extremely proud of yourself. I hope to take driving lessons at some point, but had been putting it off before my amputation. It must be good to have more independence.

Lisa

YEE HAW!

Now you can drive yourself and your bike to get away whenever you want. Wonderful, news, Marilyn! You have very right to be proud!

-m-

Maryl, I did get a car rack (or carrier) that's already on my car so I can take my trike anywhere! Whoo Hoo!

The examiner (who gave me the test) looked at the carrier and asked "does that serve a purpose?". I told him, yep, that it carries my recumbent trike. He seemed worried that it would get in the way of the maneuverability portion of the test. I told him not to worry, that I'd been practicing with that rack on my car for a week.

Independence is sweet!

Jerry, many thanks for you good wishes yesterday at lunch time! I wasn't at all sure I'd pass, but the examiner was quite congratulatory! Whoo Hoo!

Joe A., :D PA is not so very far from Ohio, as surely you know! Watch out, you never know (and of course, Debra would have to be in the loop -- I have nothing but admiration for her having put up with you all these years!! :o ).

Thanks again, to all!

Thanks to everyone for their kind words!

I'm happy with every victory.

Joe A., I'll be right over! :D (do I remember correctly that you are in PA?)

Yippeeeeee, Marilyn's on the road again :blink::blink: Joe's in Pa. but I'm closer....Ohio