Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
JohnnyV

ACA's 2007 17th Annual Educational Conference

Do you plan on attending this years conference?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan on attending this years conference?

• Yes
    • No

You had to go and bring up the worst bad habit that I had as a kid didn't you.. :ph34r: ..Now, if you were only going to be there, we could drive Jon absolutely NUTS....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I dare ya to do it.....I DOUBLE dare ya :lol: (C'mon Neal I need some help here)

If somebody will catch me so I don't fall and kill myself -- maybe I'll do it. C'mon, Tammie. Whaddya think?

All of a sudden I have this vision of me knocking the catcher down and killing them :o

If somebody will catch me so I don't fall and kill myself -- maybe I'll do it. C'mon, Tammie. Whaddya think?

All of a sudden I have this vision of me knocking the catcher down and killing them :o

I was always told that the person who double dares, has to do it first.....

Marcia, I'm game if you are......

We'll make Jon catch us.....

I would offer to help Jon with the "catching," but I'm afraid we might create a falling domino effect!! :lol:

This little escapde will take place AFTER happy hour, correct? I don't think my nerves could handle it other wise! :lol:

Cat- I'll make sure my camera is in position! :lol:

Nah............. that takes the fun out of it.....Pop always said, "No Guts, No Glory", so I guess it's when the mood strikes....

Have you saw the size of the bannister on the stair case....... an elephant's butt would have plenty of room to slide down it.. It's pretty wide........

Marcia, we might need wax paper if we want to make it down before midnight......plus, we're gonna have to decide if we want to do a section or what.....it has at least 2 landings... ;)

Cheri, Jon's pretty good at catching......he's used to me.... I'm the clutz in the family........

2007 ACA Conference...

I'm down widdit! :D :D

I'll see you all there!

I will be attending the conference this year. Will we be meeting in a certain area? I attended the ACA when it was in my home town of Dallas.. This is my first time actually traveling out of town just to go to the ACA. So what do all you all do all day when attending the conference? When I attended in Dallas I would go to certain things that I wanted to, and the other times I would be either at home, working, or hanging with friends . Since I will be attending the ACA away from by myself and away from home, I cant just go and do the normal things I would do. It seems that my only option are either be at the Conference all day, or in a hotel room all day... ????

What do the veterans who travel to these conferences do all day? Or will there so many interesting things to do at the conference I wont even think about doing something else?

looks like Sarah Reinertsen will be at the conference, according to one website.

http://www.alwaystri.net/calendarpage.html

I also found this:

http://www.alwaystri.net/sarahbear.html

Pretty cute.

Susan

looks like Sarah Reinertsen will be at the conference, according to one website. Pretty cute.
Sarah is a patient advocate for OSSUR and very rarely misses an ACA convention. Your right. She is cute.

looks like Sarah Reinertsen will be at the conference, according to one website. Pretty cute.
Sarah is a patient advocate for OSSUR and very rarely misses an ACA convention. Your right. She is cute.

no, I was talking about the Sarah bear! :lol: (and yes, Sarah is amazing!)

Susan

Hip Hop,

How lucky you were to the conference in your own back yard....

Usually, when we are at the conference, we are always busy. I think that it is up to each person on just how much or how little that they do, but, during the day, I didn't have a lot of free time.

A bunch of us, all got together at meal time and it seems we ate lunch and dinner together just about all the time.

Don't worry, there's always something to do, and if you like to explore, there are several things close to the hotel to do, and a mall, across the street... I doubt that you will be bored...

Lots of memories to be made....

(Just ask Marcia!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey HipHop,

There are loads of things to do in Atlanta. (By the way, the t's in Atlanta are silent. LOL) If you have the time and transportaion means, there is CNN Center, Centenial Olympic Park, The World of Coca Cola, and Underground Atlanta, all in downtown Atlanta. There possibly might be a Braves game happening at the Ted (nickname of Atlanta Stadium) during that time. East of town is Stone Mountain. You can get some exercise climbing it.

If you have a few hours, drive north into the north Georgia mountains. Lush, cool, and green in June. Just a few miles north of the hotel in Marrietta is the world famous landmark, The Big Chicken. Everyone should see it...LOL If you are into getting wet, White Water Theme Park is a short distance up I-75.

If shopping is your thing, there are many malls on the north side. Chastain Park Ampitheater is close by and there might be a concert during the dates of the convention.

If anything else comes to mind, I'll add it later.

Kep

Kep, are you volunteering as the official HMM tour guide? It sounds like you'd be GOOD at it!

I'll be there - I will be super busy as I am taking a booth for Walker Buddy.

JudyH

My tour bus is indisposed at the present, but I'd be glad to point anyone in the general direction.

I checked the Braves schedule and they are on the road during the convention dates, but are being televised.

At Chastain Park Ampitheater: Lyle Lovett and K.D. Lang are in concert on the 15th. On the 16th, Frankie Beverly and Maze are performing. New Edition on the 17th.

A few other places I failed to mention earlier: Jimmy Carter Library and Museum, Martin Luther King Center, Grant Park Zoo, The Cyclorama (Civil War museum... we refer to the Civil War as the War of Northern Agression.. LOL), and Six Flags.

If anything else comes to mind, I'll be back to report.

Great turn out so far! Can't wait to see everyone again, and meet a few people for the first time!

Is it too late for me to go? It's taken this long for me to find out if I have the funds or not

Lynne

Calgary,

PS: Is Ed going

Is there a meeting place?

Thanks, Guys

Lynne, please try and come... they're still accepting registrations, although the "early registration discount" deadline has passed.

I think Ed's still planning on going... he was the last time we "talked," at least. As for a meeting place, Johnny's posted the schedule for "official" gatherings earlier in this thread, and someone mentioned the possibility of everyone who's there on Thursday night gathering in the sports bar at the hotel.

Just over two weeks to go, now... I can hardly wait!

Lynne,

If you go to their website I think that you can still register online. It said that the deadline was open until June 5th. So, yes, you can still go. I don't know about the room discounts however. You will have to check the room rates on that, unless you can bunk in with someone who already has a room and is looking for a room mate...

Hope to see you there..... :) :) :)

Lynne,

If you go to their website I think that you can still register online. It said that the deadline was open until June 5th. So, yes, you can still go. I don't know about the room discounts however. You will have to check the room rates on that, unless you can bunk in with someone who already has a room and is looking for a room mate...

Hope to see you there..... :) :) :)

Discounted rooms are all gone. I called to extend my room so I could do the Peer Training on Monday and couldn't get the lower rate. (they had government rates which I couldn't get and AAA rates, which were higher)

Anyone else doing the peer training? (I haven't signed up yet...gotta call this week)

Susan

Has anyone gotten their badges yet? My letter said 30 days before the convention, but they must be a bit slow.

Has anyone gotten their badges yet? My letter said 30 days before the convention, but they must be a bit slow.

I got a confirmation letter. The badges are issued at the convention.

well everyone have a really good time meeting up and getting to know each other we are expecting lots of photos and please behave yourselves so that means lots of drinking but not too much falling down .

I got a confirmation letter. The badges are issued at the convention.

I also got a confirmation letter in the mail. Usually, by now, I have recieved the 'tickets' that go in the badges that we receive in the mail...

If you are in doubt, just make sure that you take the confirmation letter, and any receipts that you have with you to the conference, as proof with you when you go.

Sue, I'm doing the Peer Visitor training, and I THINK I have "half a room" for you if you're interested. My roomate for the rest of the conference is leaving Sunday... I'm staying Sunday night so I can do the Monday training.

Let me know if you're interested.........