Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Peggy

TATTOOS!

:D

Hello everyone!

I have always quite fancied a tattoo, but never really known what or where! and now i have finally decided - I want a right footprint on my right leg on the wasted calf which is actually under my prosthesis!

Has anyone else got a Tatto UNDER their prosthesis? has anyone else got a Tattoo and can think of any implications it might have if i go ahead?

Well, other than the fact that you probably shouldn't wear your prosthesis until the tattoo is fully healed.

Are you aware that there is some bleeding associated with a tattoo?

The other thing is that it won't be easy to show your new tattoo without removing your leg.

Hello everyone!

I have always quite fancied a tattoo, but never really known what or where! and now i have finally decided - I want a right footprint on my right leg on the wasted calf which is actually under my prosthesis!

Has anyone else got a Tatto UNDER their prosthesis? has anyone else got a Tattoo and can think of any implications it might have if i go ahead?

I have more tattoo's than I can count. I love them and I am an artisit. Depending on your health, are you diabetic or ahve other issues. What kind of prostethic are you in and how hve you healed in the past.

I have to say I love the idea and every scar on my body I have a tattoo over.

I would not do it if you have not spoken with your doctor first.

I agree with Gil that if you do it do not were your prosthetic until it is 100% healed.

No your artist and there sterile technique. Have you had problems with other tattoo's?

It does sound great but my advice if it is worth two cents do it just above your prosthetic so it has 100% air to heal. If you have never had a tattoo before, get a tiny one first any were else.

If on medications check there side effects.

I say truthfully if the risk was not so high, I would have done it already.

Skully Cat

All good answers, and my sis wanted me to get one, but I was like no thats ok...because I just think they are pretty painful. But thanks for sharing with me also.

Lesley

Ladies

Here s an informative article about tatoos.

http://health.msn.com/general/articlepage....0>1=10109

Skully had a good tip about getting a teeny one first to make sure you're not allergic/can handle the pain.

:rolleyes: I hope you know what you are doing. Tatoos don't look so great after your skin ages.

;)

Hello everyone!

One question 'Peggy' why would you want a tattoo under your prosthesis where nobody can see it??????

<_< ann

I think tatto's are a total personal choice including were & what.

I just had one done on my left hip on the one year they actualy took my leg. It was my left leg.

So I do not show my limb unless you are a doc so it was a personal thing for me. To acknowledge the lose.

Skully Cat

I have a tattoo under my prosthesis. I had it done about 2 months after they took out the stiches which was about 3 years ago.

I had no problems with healing at all and I was wearing my leg normally within 2 hours of leaving the tattoo studio.

The best bit was the reaction I got from a small boy who was waiting while his dad had some work done upstairs. All he saw was me walk in to the room followed by lots of strange buzzing noises then I came out on crutches missing my left leg!!!!! He just burst into tears and ran upstairs shouting "Don't worry Daddy I'll save you!!!" I have to admit I did feel a little guilty but couldn't help laughing.

My Tat:

post-1235-1180991265_thumb.jpg

:lol: :lol: :P :lol: :lol:

brilliant, love it :lol:

I have a tattoo under my prosthesis. I had it done about 2 months after they took out the stiches which was about 3 years ago.

I had no problems with healing at all and I was wearing my leg normally within 2 hours of leaving the tattoo studio.

My Tat:

post-1235-1180991265_thumb.jpg

Grum, I love it, thanks for the pic!

I've got 4 tats on my right calf. Depending on what stump length I end up having, one of them may come completely off. I've got some ideas for what new stuff I want - I like your humor approach.

The one tat on the bottom that may come off is a tribal band. It's been cut through and sewn back up multiple times, and it's a bit misaligned now. I like it more now than when it was new.

Grum great story love it

Austin skully has good advice if you want a tatoo go for it but as she says you will have to take leg off to show people it good luck and lets see if you have it done .

raven

Hello everyone!

No not a bad idea. I have a white tiger tattoo under my socket. In fact I did it my self. Did you know that you can get them put on the socket. I am going to put a cross on my socket.

Stormy

Hello everyone!

No not a bad idea. I have a white tiger tattoo under my socket. In fact I did it my self. Did you know that you can get them put on the socket. I am going to put a cross on my socket.

Stormy

Hey Stormy,

I have a tat on my socket. I have the superman emblem with my sons name in it. I have been working with the company that made my prosthetic for about a month and a half, and it is an awesome experience...