Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Freddy

My Stump Surgery Is Set

Sounds good Freddy, I know the fustrations of a socket that you are speaking of..Happy to hear that your surgery is mending..Hang tight! :)

Thanks bearlover,

The new inner plastic socket I received Friday fit really well today. Pain in my groin area is gone and it feels very snug with great suction. Hopefully, this will last and allow me to work and do the other things I am used to doing.

Guest bearlover

Great Freddy, I hope this is the anwser to your problem. I know how fustrating and disapointing it can be to have a socket that dose not feel comfortable..Like I said hang Tuff! It will eventually be ok :) :)

It has been a month since I got the plastic liner of the socket replaced and I have been able to work 40 hours a week, walk around Wal-Mart, and go places like the gym and movies without any real problems. Knock on wood. I did forget to bring my new donning sock made out of parachute material to the gym. That made me feel really embarrassed. A nice guy carried my leg to the car for me, while I crutched out. Now I have a spare ace bandage in my gym bag if I forget it in the future.

Sounds like you're doing well, Freddy... good for you!