Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
mdrums

Hello from AK Drummer in Tampa!

Hello, just found this board and this place seems amazing! Major thanks to Heather for supporting this board. I am 41 years old and lost my left leg in a motorcycle accident 4 years ago. I am a very high AK with about only 6" of Femur left plus I am 6'5" tall! A guy in a mini-van took a head on turn right into me in traffic! I flat lined in the hospital twice, broke every bone in both arms, mulitpul bones in my left hand and broke my pelvis in 2 places and they did not think I would make it. I had awesome doctors an amazing wife and a strong will to live and the Lord above. Anyway, I am doing great, walking with out a cane and have been totally back to work for years.

I work for DW drums who not only build the greatest drums in the world but are an awesome compasionate company that stood by me through all this. I have played drums all my life and worked many years as a drummer in Florida, LA and Nashville. I can still play but my skills with my left foot on my hi-hat have suffered some. I enjoy boating and fishing and taking my car to a local race track to drive with a local club.

I had a standard hydraulic knee for the 1st few months and then bought a C-Leg and WOW how a C-Leg makes life so much better. Since I have such a short stump a suction socket has been hard to get to fit properly and stay on and it just does not agree with my active lifestyle of boating and living in Florida. So I have had good luck with a pin system and use a Iceross liner that does not flex length wise.

If anyone has any questions for me fire away.

Take care, Mike Carter

Tamp[a FL

Welcome, I am LBKA motorcycle accident one year ago this month. Just had a revision ERTL March 20, 07 not back to work. RN by trade, back on my 06' Fatboy 2wks after I got my prosthetic. This is a great place to talk, listen and vent.

Welcome.

Skully Cat

welcome- this board is a great place to make new friends, exchange info and generally chat.

Sue

Mike!

Welcome from the Forum's resident Kraut.

Mike

Welcome to the forum Mike.

I'm a LBK since 2002, thanks to an 18 year old girl on a cell phone...I like you, had many, many injuries and spent months in the hospital and rehab.

Pull up a comfy chair, make yourself comfortable and join in.....

G'day Mike and welcome to the forum.

Sounds like we are lucky to even have you here. :)

My oldest son plays the drums......I feel for your family :rolleyes: :lol:

Welcome to the forum, Mike :)

My oldest son plays the drums......I feel for your family :rolleyes: :lol:

Hi Mike

I played the drums a long time ago. I bought my grandson a set a couple of years ago for Christmas.

His parents still talk to me, so pay little attention to Cat, at least on that score.

Most people don't realize that the drummer keeps the beat for the group.

I think you'll like it around here. :blink::blink:

Thanks everyone....what is really cool is there are people from so many other country's on this board.

A great drummer can make a so-so band sound great! I travel for my job with DW drums so much I really do not get to go upstairs in my house and play much anymore. I really miss playing around town with a band and I really need to make an effort to get back out playing again.

Here is picture of me just after an aerobactic flight a few weekends ago...thanks to Breitling Watches!

see ya, mike

post-2189-1180063658_thumb.jpg

hello, Im new to this board myself but am glad to have found it since my trauma amputation is only a month old (oncoming van took out my motorcycle after evading a rolling truck in my lane)

Hi Mike welcome to the forum

Raven

Welcome, Mike! In our youner days, my sister was a drummer and I played the trumpet. We made for a rather noisy household.............

Welcome Mike. Nice to have you here. I've been chatting to a young guy who recently lost both legs AK and he's a drummer. Maybe I should put him in touch with you.....

I'm a booking agent for musicians. Drummers......LOLLLLL - loopy, all of you :lol:

Again, welcome!

:D

I'm a booking agent for musicians. Drummers......LOLLLLL - loopy, all of you :lol

You know how to tell if a drummer is sitting upright?

The drool is slipping down the middle of his chin :P

Welcome Mike. Nice to have you here. I've been chatting to a young guy who recently lost both legs AK and he's a drummer. Maybe I should put him in touch with you.....

I'm a booking agent for musicians. Drummers......LOLLLLL - loopy, all of you :lol:

Again, welcome!

:D

Ally, if there is anything I can talk to your drummer friend about please have him get intouch with me.

mdrums927@yahoo.com...or pm me for my phone number.

Mike

hello, Im new to this board myself but am glad to have found it since my trauma amputation is only a month old (oncoming van took out my motorcycle after evading a rolling truck in my lane)

ebtalley, hang in there it only gets beter especially with positive thoughts. I was told I would never do a lot of thing I am now doing. I was told I would have to walk with the help of a cane or crutch. My wife was told I was probably going to die the day after my accident. Forget all that you can do what ever you put your mind up to...remember if there is a will there is a way!

I'm a booking agent for musicians. Drummers......LOLLLLL - loopy, all of you :lol

You know how to tell if a drummer is sitting upright?

The drool is slipping down the middle of his chin :P

How can you tell if a guitar player is knocking at your door?

The knock speeds up!

Hi Mike welcome to the forum

Raven

Raven, what bike is that in your avaitar? I was on my 2002 Ducati 998R when I was hit. I just put on a smaller SMT sprocket, Ductai full race exhaust with new ECU. I also had a 2001 Harley Road King that I customized, won bike shows with but still rode 12,000 miles a year.