Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jberna

countdown for brenda!

I had to put it out there... brenda runs in her big marathon in less than a WEEK! WOO HOO! Are you nervous, brenda? Are you running *extra* this week at all? I will be thinking of you on Sunday! Know even if you WALKED the whole thing, we would all be PROUD!

FEEL our good karma running with you on Sunday!

Judy

I am nervous but I know that no matter what I will be a winner even if I am not able to finish the Marathon. I haven't posted anything about my training as my training this last few weeks has been horrible I have had one obsticle after another and nothing has worked. I pulled a groin muscle in my leg which kept me from running for a few weeks then it healed, then we had a few cold snapps of in the 30's and for some reason that affected me and couldn't get into a rhythem, and then right when I was all healed and doing my shorter distances of up to 12 miles the day after christmas I got a cold so hit the drugs well over the counter meds and lots of vitamin C chewable tablets and another week off from running. Last week and this week are supposed to be no more then 8 mile runs and pretty much taking it easy because there really isn't much I can do at this point but pray for a good day. I ran 8 miles on saturday in 1 hr 51 minutes and this week I'll run a few 2 mile days and one 5 mile day then I take friday and saturday off and then Sun is the big day. Even though I am running a Marathon I will be walking a few of those miles but hopefully I'll run most of it and I am going to do my darndest to finish it all..... I have thought if I'm at the halfway (13.1 miles) and it's not going my way I'll quit so we will see. I will definately post how I do on Monday. I have checked out the weather and is supposed to be 69 degrees which is a pretty good temp for running in and a 30% chance of ran so I might just get wet... :(

This wasn't supposed to be a book so sorry about that.

Brenda a amputee and proud of it... :D

You are going to have so much fun! All those Disney characters cheering you on, the beautiful course through the grounds... just keep heading for that big golf ball. I picture you... a sleek, glistening running force bursting with wet energy (should it rain) and a big smile on your face.

Go Brenda!

go for it brenda enjoy every moment will be cheering you on go go go

Brenda-

I'm moving on your inspiration this week. I'm having trouble with simple walking but pull myself up when I think of what you're aiming for. Lots of good wishes go with you no matter how you do!! Consider yourself lucky running there, here we are at 30 degrees below 0!!

Carol

Brenda I should have put it in here not in the other pages.

I will be thinking of you on Sunday and I will be willing you all the way to the finish.

Good Luck

Pat

I'm wishing you all the best for your race.

animated_cheerleader001.gif

You have all the cheers from the other side of the pond!

I'm sure you'll do brilliantly, you are an inspiration,

Liz