Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
SUE TAYLOR

The Loss of my Dad

My Dad passed away on Monday evening, after his bravely fought illness.

My Dad was such a special man, a kind and gentle man and I shall miss him so, so much. After my accident, he was always there for me, a man who didn't show his emotions very often, but who I knew I could depend upon for trust, guidance and he would tell everyone how proud of my recovery he was.

To my sister and myself, he was a gentle man and his smile would lift you up. Never a bad word to say about anyone, he was loved by so many.

He was my Dad and I loved him.

Sue.

Sue, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's passing. I lost my dad four years ago, now, and there are still times I miss him terribly. I think dads and daughters have a really special relationship!

Your dad sounds like a sweet man... try and keep the good times in your heart... those are the memories that will keep him "alive" forever.

Sue, you have my deepest sympathy in your loss. It's only been 4 years next months since I lost my Dad and I still miss my best friend.. You could of been describing my father to a T. Maybe that is the realtionships of most fathers and daughters..

If you feel the need to talk or vent in the days ahead, feel free to pm me. We can chat.

Take care and take it one day at a time....

Sue, I am so sorry.....he will forever be in you & your sisters heart. There are so many things that will remind you of him & you will smile. Of course this will be long after your grieving has passed and that could take some time.

Love, ann

Sue I am so sorry for your loss. :(

Words on a forum like this will never be enough.

My best to you in this hard time.

Cat

I am so sorry for your loss, Sue. My dad died in 1981 and I still think of him every day. You were very blessed to have him in your life.

Sue, I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

It is so hard to lose someone we love. I choose to think of us as just being temporarily separated from our loved ones. I know I'll rejoin my son someday.

Dear Sue,

I remember when you first told us about your Dad's illness. Although you knew this was coming, it is still hard when it happens. Memories bring us pain in the short term and comfort in the long run. I hope your sweet memories of your father soon heal your grieving heart.

Maryl

Guest bearlover

So sorry to hear of the major losss..I lost my dad too 16 years ago and I was daddy's little girl rigt to the end..You will be in my thoughts and prayes..Take care. :(

Thanks to you all for your wonderful messages. It's been such a tough week. Everyone who knew my Dad have described him as a gentle and kind man, who would give you his last - my youngest son is so like him!

It's been a comfort to hear so many people say such lovely things about him. Friday is his funeral and will be a hard day, but also maybe an uplifting day. We've chosen Nat King Cole's 'Smile' for our Dad, as it sums up his outlook on life.

Thanks for all the support,

Sue

Sue, Thank you for sharing with us the loss of your Dad. I can only imagine how you feel, as both of my parents are still alive at 81. I always feel the pain when others lose one of the people that brought them into this world. I know that I too may one day be sharing that same pain. We always try to keep the deceased alive in our memories and by talking about them. I know that you will do the same.

Please accept my condolences.

Sue

My thoughts are with you and your family

Take care

love and best wishes

neil x