Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
kenny

talking to people

Hi Kenny,

We are already looking into this.

For now if you like, go to http://www.yahoo.com and download Yahoo Instant Mennenger. I have been using it to communicate with people on the forum for now and it seems to work pretty well. My screen name is: johnnyvisinthehouse . Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Hi Kenny,

We are already looking into this.

For now if you like, go to http://www.yahoo.com and download Yahoo Instant Mennenger. I have been using it to communicate with people on the forum for now and it seems to work pretty well. My screen name is: johnnyvisinthehouse . Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for your reply. Hope the chat line is up and running soon. I entered yahoo instant messenger but it asks what 'room' I want to join. What room do you use to contact other people like ourselves?

all the best

ken

Kenny,

I don't know of any chat rooms that are for amputees only and if you do go to yahoo and use those chat rooms you never know who you're talking to. I have yahoo instant messanger and use it to chat with other amputees that I have met here but remember that devotees and wannabes use yahoo as well so you might get messages from them as well. I am on another forum at http://www.amputee-center.com and there used to be a chat room there but nobody ever used it so the owner took it off as he was paying for it and nobody used it. So remember all intentions are to use them but many won't use them.

Brenda

Kenny,

I'm glad that you were able to download Yahoo Instant Messenger. Now we need to connect. What is your screen name?

I agree with Brenda Kenny that you have to be a bit mindful that the internet is full of people who aren't what/who they say. I must say Brenda, I've heard of devotees but don't know much about them-are they all just pervs or have I misinterpreted it entirely? As for wannabes, I haven't heard of them but it sounds quite disturbing to me :(

Cazzy,

Like with all people there are going to be good ones and bad so I think that will go along with Devotees there will be the good ones and then the bad ones. I have had contact with both types good and bad. I talk to anyone that wants to talk and then I make my decision if they are good or bad if good I'll continue to talk with them as I would anyone else but if they are bad or freak me out in any way I put them on ignore. I have on guy that I talk to every now and then who is a devotee but he is a very kind man and I enjoy talking to him when we do. I had a guy freak me out so bad that I was very nervous about talking to devotees on the net but like I said I will give everyone a chance. As for wannabes they disturb me and I don't understand them at all... There are a lot of chat sites out there for devotees and wannabes...

Brenda

Gawd, that is soooooo weird~shakes head~. I once saw a programme on the telly about people with nothing physically wrong, but were totally convinced they needed or wanted an amputation but can't remember if any of them actually got their way. Would this be the wannabes?? I dunno, I suspect there must be mental health issues going on there, eh? I can't personally believe someone would want to be an amputee for no good reason-it's hardly 'FUN' is it? The mind boggles........ <_

Cazzy,

Yes that is a wannabe and some even will try to amputate the limb on their own. Yes I agree there are some mental issues going on.. No it's not fun but I can't complain either because I have had a great life and I have such a great medical team from Prosthetist, Dr's and of course my wonderful therapy team without them I couldn't do what I do today especially without my prosthetist.

Brenda