Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
PaulaBonnie

Introduction

Hello All,

My name is Paula and I am a LBK and a RTMA. I was on the forum a good long time ago but then driffted away and now from the nagging of Neal I am back. But happily so. I do attend the ACA conventions and this last one was one of the best. I do plan on going back next year, but I believe next year I will go and see a bit of Hotlanta. I did do the 5K but had to walk a good deal, my running leg needed my CP to adjust it. Next year I do hope to jog it all the way. Hopefully they will pick a better course.

I am from VA, but I was raised in NJ and have NO intention of going back north. My husband is very southern and we will move to the south once he decides what he wants to be when he grows up. :-). Right now he is serving in the military in Kosovo but he has been to the desert as well.

I am a sign language interpreter for 25+ years and still love my work. No I do not have Deaf parents and or sibling I just fell in love with ASL and just kept plugging away until I went to interpreter training. Way back then it was for 8 months, now it is 4 years. Talk about baptisim by fire!

Ok Neal I have posted so now you must answer back.

Love to all

Paula

Welcome Paula... I do believe that we met at the convention. Nice to have you here.

Paula, sorry to show my ignorance, but what is RTMA?

Glad you are posting here!

Marilyn

Hi Paula and welcome.

Sue

So you finally went through with it? I was ready to give up on you. Nag, Nag, Nag!!!!

Glad to have you here.

RTMA= Right transmetatarsal amputee.........She has no toes on her right foot as well as bk left leg. I've seen this gal run and she does a darn good job. She is in the pics from 2006 of me learning how to run. Paula and I learned at the same time from Dr. Bob Gailey.

G'day Paula and welcome back to the Forum.

We had the pleasure to meet you, briefly, in Min. at the Conference.

Thanks Neal for nagging Paula to drop back in here, I know we can all learn from her as she is an excellent runner. :D

Paula, sorry to show my ignorance, but what is RTMA?

Glad you are posting here!

Marilyn

Thank you Marilynn. I was about to ask the same thing. And thanks to Neal, we now know.

Welcome Paula. Sounds like you are very active. Hope you stick around to add your expriences.

Paula,

I am a newbie, so I guess all I can say is welcome, and hope to talk soon.. I hope everything is going good for you..

Samuel

Welcome to the forum Paula.....it's about time...... We met at the conference in Minnapolis as well as Atlanta..

Sit back, relax and join in.....

Paula,

Hello and welcome. Why on earth would your husband want to grow up? :)

Welcome, Paula! I didn't really get a chance to talk with you in Atlanta, so I'm looking forward to getting to know you here!

welcome back paula now dont go wondering of again :D

Hi Paula, Well you and I are from the same neck of the woods, lolol. I work in Reston for Unisys. I commute back and forth each day. I didn't get to know you in Atlanta, Next year I'm going back and maybe then we'll get to talk. Have a great day and remembers God loves all his children. Jerry

Hello All,

My name is Paula and I am a LBK and a RTMA. I was on the forum a good long time ago but then driffted away and now from the nagging of Neal I am back. But happily so. I do attend the ACA conventions and this last one was one of the best. I do plan on going back next year, but I believe next year I will go and see a bit of Hotlanta. I did do the 5K but had to walk a good deal, my running leg needed my CP to adjust it. Next year I do hope to jog it all the way. Hopefully they will pick a better course.

I am from VA, but I was raised in NJ and have NO intention of going back north. My husband is very southern and we will move to the south once he decides what he wants to be when he grows up. :-). Right now he is serving in the military in Kosovo but he has been to the desert as well.

I am a sign language interpreter for 25+ years and still love my work. No I do not have Deaf parents and or sibling I just fell in love with ASL and just kept plugging away until I went to interpreter training. Way back then it was for 8 months, now it is 4 years. Talk about baptisim by fire!

Ok Neal I have posted so now you must answer back.

Love to all

Paula

Paula,

Neal can be pushy - can't he? But he is a good guy.

JudyH

Neal pushed me all over at the convention....!!!!! :lol:

Oooohhhh, Kep......! (GROAN!) :P

Neal pushed me all over at the convention....!!!!! :lol:

Good one... :P

Neal can get that way some times..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

You got to watch out for him Paula.... :rolleyes:

And gentle it is ............you are a very kind person..

Except for pushing Kep around :lol: :lol:

Guest bearlover

Hello Paula! I'm a LBK too almost 4 years now due to a birth defect..Welcome abord! :)

Hello, Paula. Glad to have you. I got away for a while myself, but this is an outstanding group! Welcome back. :D

And welcome back to YOU, Shane!

And welcome back to YOU, Shane!

DITTO!