Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
sweetokiegirl07

Introduction

Good Evening,

My name is Marsha, I am the wife of Sam clearcna27 and I asked to join the boards as a spouse to learn more about amputees and what they go through on a daily bases. Sam and I will be married 2 years next year and this has all been a whole different outlook on me. Learning all the things he has to go through and just watching him put his leg on. But you know what when i found out he had an amputation i didn't look at him any different. It wasn't his leg i feel in love with it was him. I find that people stare at us all the tim. However i would like for someone to have to walk a mile in an amputee's shoe and see just what they have to deal with every day.

I am right there when ever he needs help and I will always be.. Below is a picture of Sam and our son Nate

Thanks,

Hi Marsha, Welcome to this wonderful forum. I, like you, am not the amputee, but someone who loves them very much.

In my case, it's my daughter who is an RAKA, but unlike you, her husband chose to walk out on her two days after surgery.

My friends here have been a tower of strength to all of our family both before and since Victoria's amp, and quite frankly I don't how we'd have got through without them.

You look a wonderful loving couple, and your son is adorable.

Hi Marsha, Welcome to this wonderful forum. I, like you, am not the amputee, but someone who loves them very much.

In my case, it's my daughter who is an RAKA, but unlike you, her husband chose to walk out on her two days after surgery.

My friends here have been a tower of strength to all of our family both before and since Victoria's amp, and quite frankly I don't how we'd have got through without them.

You look a wonderful loving couple, and your son is adorable.

Thank you very much for the welcome i have been on the board some with hubby and update while he was sick in the hospital and i have to say this board and the people here have given my husband a whole better look on life

Hi, Marsha... I'm glad you're joining us as YOU now! I like the "slide show" in your avatar... and Nate is a real sweetie!

As Anne said (HI, ANNE! :D ), you're not the only non-amputee here. We have some spouses and other family members, like Anne, as well as some members who have been told that amputation may be in their future and who want to start learning about it now. We have at least one member who started out in that last category and has just stayed around and become "one of us" as a friend. So welcome... you'll fit right in, here!

You know, when Sam posted his introduction and said that he'd not been allowed to be around other amputees while growing up, I thought about how hard that must have been for him. There is nothing to compare with being with others who share this condition and are living good lives! I'm glad you both found us!

Hi, Marsha... I'm glad you're joining us as YOU now! I like the "slide show" in your avatar... and Nate is a real sweetie!

As Anne said (HI, ANNE! :D ), you're not the only non-amputee here. We have some spouses and other family members, like Anne, as well as some members who have been told that amputation may be in their future and who want to start learning about it now. We have at least one member who started out in that last category and has just stayed around and become "one of us" as a friend. So welcome... you'll fit right in, here!

You know, when Sam posted his introduction and said that he'd not been allowed to be around other amputees while growing up, I thought about how hard that must have been for him. There is nothing to compare with being with others who share this condition and are living good lives! I'm glad you both found us!

Thanks for the welcome!!! Yes Sam and I never really talked about him not having interaction with other amputees till the other night. He wants to ask his mom his mother who really hasn't been the best of mom why she never let him have the experience.. I feel very sorry for him because he has lived his whole life not being around other people who amputee and i do feel he needs more interaction. That's why I am so thankful he was introduced to this board and the very nice folks..

We are both glad we found you not only for him to speak to others who are in his shoes and for me to learn more about what he goes through.

Thanks for the comment on the picture. I love doing things to my photo's and i take way to many photo's so Sam says..

Anyways thanks for the welcome

Guest bearlover

Hello Marsha and welcome! I'm a LBK due to a birth defect and many operations that only led to amputaton. I have a wonderful caring understanding husband as Sam has you. A wonderful caring wife,Happy you joined us..You have a adorable little one! :)

Hello Marsha and welcome! I'm a LBK due to a birth defect and many operations that only led to amputaton. I have a wonderful caring understanding husband as Sam has you. A wonderful caring wife,Happy you joined us..You have a adorable little one! :)

It's always nice to have someone that's so caring and understanding. With him being sick this past week in the hospital and me a month ago its been a long ride. I had gastric bypass 4 years ago last month and i have a sliding hiatal hernia and my stomach is doubled in size and have severe acid reflux as well as an inflamed esophagus and have to see a surgeon on Wed to see what we are going to do cause I have been very sick some times to the point i can't even care for my own child.. Anyways he stands by me in everything and I will stand by him through everything for he and my son our my life.

Thanks for the welcome!!

Hi Marsha and welcome to the forum..

I'm sure that you and Sam will both find any answers that you might be looking for here.

As amputees, a lot of us find the same thing.... that often times, there isn't anyone else around us that has had an amputation that we can talk to, or ask questions to. I know that I am in a rural location where at first, I was the only person with an amputation. Since then, there have been others..

Anyway, enjoy the forum, and welcome.....

G'day Marsha and welcome (officially) to the forum. :D

We have some spouses aboard (one in particular that I am very fond of ;) ) and I'm sure you will fit right in with the rest of us.

Cheers,

Cat

We have some spouses aboard (one in particular that I am very fond of ;) ) and I'm sure you will fit right in with the rest of us.

Cheers,

Cat

Hey Mate!!! We're quite fond of her also. ;)

Welcome Marsha. Ask the questions you need. I'm sure you'll get 15 different answers, but will have a better idea of what amputeeism is like.

Cheers,

Cat

Thanks for the welcome means alot!!

Cheers,

Cat

Hey Mate!!! We're quite fond of her also. ;)

Welcome Marsha. Ask the questions you need. I'm sure you'll get 15 different answers, but will have a better idea of what amputeeism is like.

Thanks for the welcome!! If it wasn't for you Sam wouldn't have found this board. You people are amazing and let me tell you that bracelet you got he wears it proudly

:P

Hello Marsha,

Welcome I was a member a long, long time ago. Then dropped off into no where land, not that I suddenly grew back a leg or was depressed over not having a leg and now my right forefoot. I was simply depressed, period. It is a chemical imbalance and has nothing to do at all with amputation. After trying to save my leg for 2.5 years and 13 surgical procedures I told the doctor to chop it off.

When this decision was made I asked my husband Bob how he felt about it of course. He said the same thing you told your husband, I did not marry your leg, I married you. He is a love and just can't say enough how supportive he has been to me. Amputation is on the low list of medical (physical) things he and I have had to deal with.

I agree walk a mile in my shoes and then complain. Bob will never let me down as I am sure you will never let you sweetie down.

This morning I was getting on to the WDC metro, our subway so to speak, and wanted to sit in the seat that states right above the seat, reserved for the elderly and handicapped. The man that I asked to please allow me to have a seat gave me such a dirty look that if looks could kill.....yup I would be dead. I was wearing a dress and had to pick up my BKA side and show him my pros. Good golly!!!! He still glared at me. I held my tongue since I don't like to pick fights and not win the battle.

I am sure when his morning began he simply stood up and went about his business. I donned my liner then my socks then my leg. Then when it was time to put on my shoes I put in the orthotic for the right side shoe and used the shoe horn to put on the left.

Enough about me.....as stated before don a leg AK or BK or both and then tell me about it.

Caht with you later.

Paulapost-315-1184114822_thumb.jpg This Bob and me!

Marsha,Sam and Nate welcome to the forum hope you will find this a helpful friendly place to visit im a lbk and the frienship and support from the other members is fantastic and marsha your support for your husband must mean everything to him i know that my wife has been fantastic i worried that things might change but we are closer than ever and my two sons dont even think about the amputation now .

As for other people looking well i always where shorts and its understandable people look but i dont even notice now sometimes my wife stares at them for looking but most people just glance and look away so you all take care .

bye for now

Raven

Marsha,Sam and Nate welcome to the forum hope you will find this a helpful friendly place to visit im a lbk and the frienship and support from the other members is fantastic and marsha your support for your husband must mean everything to him i know that my wife has been fantastic i worried that things might change but we are closer than ever and my two sons dont even think about the amputation now .

As for other people looking well i always where shorts and its understandable people look but i dont even notice now sometimes my wife stares at them for looking but most people just glance and look away so you all take care .

bye for now

Raven

First of all thanks for the warm welcome. Just find things board has changed Sams whole outlook on being an Amputee being able to talk with others that have went through what he goes through. I will never back down in giving the support to him. I don't think of him any different and I am sure when his son grows up he will have questions however i am sure everything will be fine

I love the name Raven by the way

again thank you and its always good to have family support

Marsha

All spouses of an amputee person are angles! I could not do it sometimes without my wife.

All spouses of an amputee person are angles! I could not do it sometimes without my wife.

And I definitely say AMEN to that!!

Guest bearlover

And I definitely say AMEN to that!!

DITTO TO THAT!! I HAVE A TRUE EARTH ANGLE! :) :)

Hi

I would just like to say welcome to the forum. I am quite new to this as I only had my leg done a year ago but boy time does fly. It seems like forever but in the same breath also only seems 5 mins.

These guys n girls are a wealth of knowledge through experience and I cert have found it a great help.