Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
PaulaBonnie

Exercise Vote

Excersise  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What type of excersise do you enjoy most?

• Jogging
    • Walking
    • Gym
    • Bike riding
    • Yoga
    • Aerobics
    • Pilates
    • Swimming
    • Dance
    • Skiing
    • Ten Pin Bowling
    • Golf
    • Other(please put "Other" in your post)
  2. 2. Second choice

• Jogging
    • Walking
    • Gym
    • Bike Riding
    • Yoga
    • Aerobics
    • Pilates
    • Swimming
    • Dance
    • Skiing
    • Ten Pin Bowling
    • Golf
    • Other(please put "Other" in your post)
  3. 3. Third choice

• Jogging
    • Walking
    • Gym
    • Bike Riding
    • Yoga
    • Aerobics
    • Pilates
    • Swimming
    • Dance
    • Skiing
    • Ten Pin Bowling
    • Golf
    • Other (please put "Other" in your post)

Hi Folks,

I voted for jogging since that is what I am now really learning how to do correctly. I have a jogging leg and love it. But I also walk and bike ride for exercise and pleasure. So how come I can't pick more than one type of exercise. That is like only being allowed one item on a menu.

My 2 cents

Paula

Well let's see if I can sort this out.......eeeek something new to learn :lol:

Best I can do Paula so I hope I get this right :ph34r:

Can anyone who votes also put their prferences in their post?

Then we can see who voted for what.

I voted

1. Bike

2. Pilates

3. Golf

Is 2 cents all I got for that hard work??.....Damn where's that delete button? :lol:

I voted

1) Other. Cat you missed Tae Kwon-Do off the list and I'm sure there are so many of us that do it ;)

2) Walking

3) Aerobics

Sue

I voted

1) Other. Cat you missed Tae Kwon-Do off the list and I'm sure there are so many of us that do it ;)

Sue

Opps..........sorry Sue :rolleyes:

I put bike riding, swimming and gym. I would have liked to have put jogging as well but I am unable to do that at the moment because the socket of the running leg that I got made in England before I came out to HK and which cost me - get this - 4000 pounds - is too uncomfortable. I am getting a new socket made in HK at the moment which is costing me - get this again - 500HK dollars - which is about 40 quid in English money.

What on earth is going on with the NHS in the UK if they have to charge so much for something that obviously must cost so little???

Sorry off topic. I am going to start a new thread about this when I have time.

I put bike riding, swimming and gym. I would have liked to have put jogging as well but I am unable to do that at the moment because the socket of the running leg that I got made in England before I came out to HK and which cost me - get this - 4000 pounds - is too uncomfortable. I am getting a new socket made in HK at the moment which is costing me - get this again - 500HK dollars - which is about 40 quid in English money.

What on earth is going on with the NHS in the UK if they have to charge so much for something that obviously must cost so little???

Sorry off topic. I am going to start a new thread about this when I have time.

Makes you wonder, doesn't it Fiona. Perhaps we all need to come out to HK to get private legs.

First I love water aerobics because it makes my whole body feel good, just can't do it in the evening because I get to hyped up to sleep--that's an old lady for ya. Secondly, after watching Heather on Dancing with the Stars, I decided to give my love of dancing another try. I'm pretty good at the mechanics of the steps, but I can forget every turning since we gals turn on our right foot. The upperhalf may start going, but I'm afraid that being an RBK, my foot won't be able to take my leg and lower body with the upper. But, I'll keep working at that, too. Anywho, those are the active things I really enjoy doing. Thank goodness we can do some activities or we'd all be outgrowing our prosthesis.

Carole

Guest bearlover

I try to ride my mountian bike as much as I can.. My husband out a pedal extender on for me, and my prosthetic leg dose not come off anymore! :)

my prosthetic leg dose not come off anymore! :)

:o .....that must be hell in the bath :lol:

my prosthetic leg dose not come off anymore! :)

:o .....that must be hell in the bath :lol:

Every now and then, a gem pops up on here. Very good Cat!

Guest bearlover

I ride a mountian bike about 7.2 miles and walk I have been walking about 4 miles a day. through out the day not all at once but all together, with house wowrk, taking the dog out ect...Oh ! I'm in a lot of pain trust me..But I have to gut through it :)

I ride a mountian bike about 7.2 miles and walk I have been walking about 4 miles a day. through out the day not all at once but all together, with house wowrk, taking the dog out ect...Oh ! I'm in a lot of pain trust me..But I have to gut through it :)

The one cliche that comes to mind is "Nothing worthwhile, ever came easy" or "I got it the hard way, I worked for it" or "Nothing ventured, nothing gained" or the least relavant "No pain - no gain". (I don't really llie that one).

You, my friend are the ipitome of these old tired sayings. Maybe they are true....maybe not, but I have to admit, that they do fit you. AND, more remarkedly - I don't think I've heard you complain or whine once about it. That is perserverence. You have my respect - as do all of the others out there each day who just want to navigate a curb..... and keep on trying.

Guest bearlover

Thanks Jim! I also rode a bike as child peddled with one leg as I had a brace that could not bend...So it comes easy to me. :)

Guest bearlover

The one cliche that comes to mind is "Nothing worthwhile, ever came easy" or "I got it the hard way, I worked for it" or "Nothing ventured, nothing gained" or the least relavant "No pain - no gain". (I don't really llie that one).

You, my friend are the ipitome of these old tired sayings. Maybe they are true....maybe not, but I have to admit, that they do fit you. AND, more remarkedly - I don't think I've heard you complain or whine once about it. That is perserverence. You have my respect - as do all of the others out there each day who just want to navigate a curb..... and keep on trying.

You know Jim I owe my attitude to my parents they never papmered, babied, gave me special privileges or made me feel special for my birth defect. They taught me to accept what god gave me and to do the best I can they never held me back..They often had to reming teachers and friends to do the same. I was one of 8 chilldren with me being the youngest and I was treated equally. They were wonderul people andraised us to respect ourself as well aas others..I was very blessed to have such wonderful parents.. :)

You know Jim I owe my attitude to my parents they never papmered, babied, gave me special privileges or made me feel special for my birth defect. They taught me to accept what god gave me and to do the best I can they never held me back..They often had to reming teachers and friends to do the same. I was one of 8 chilldren with me being the youngest and I was treated equally. They were wonderul people andraised us to respect ourself as well aas others..I was very blessed to have such wonderful parents.. :)

Another example of good "PARENTING". People ask me what is wrong with the world today, and I have only one word for them - yes.....PARENTING. Just like the language that we speak, the manners and attitudes, are also learned at home. Too many parents now-a-days, are too busy thinking of themselves than their children.

There is an old saying: The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Which is just another way of saying - Like parent - like child. OR A chip off the old block.

Just the thoughts of an old man who has been watching the world turn for 70 years. Another un-asked-for opinion. :P

Guest bearlover

UGH! Tell me about it!! I work in a primary school and see the results of poor paretning in so many rude children..We live what we learn and so may children lack poor parenting skills now days.

Why are you in such pain, Bear?

Guest bearlover

My srump is in poor shape..I had over 15 operations in my leg since 8 months old and the more operations and pain before a amutation the more pain after. My stump still had the pseudoarthrosis in it and the remaing tibia is bowed. My prosthetic is built around it. But I do ok..Thanks for asking! :)

My parents, and my mother in particularly always told me I could do anything I wanted to. When the school system told her I should go to a 'special school' as I wouldn;t cope she told them that I was going to the local school the same as my older brother and that was that. Nowadays she sometimes complains that she didn't mean me to take her quite so literally - such as when she is watching the latest DVD from training camp!! But I owe what I am to my parents and to their refusal to see my problem as anything but a minor inconvenience - but I do think that I am sometimes a somewhat unsympathetic parent. :unsure:

My srump is in poor shape..I had over 15 operations in my leg since 8 months old and the more operations and pain before a amutation the more pain after. My stump still had the pseudoarthrosis in it and the remaing tibia is bowed. My prosthetic is built around it. But I do ok..Thanks for asking! :)

You could ask them to amputate higher.....up around the clavicle might do the trick :lol:

Only joking :D :lol:

Guest bearlover

:lol:

You could ask them to amputate higher.....up around the clavicle might do the trick :lol:

:lol: :lol: Actually Some well meaning people who are clueless about amoutation have suggested this :blink: :o :unsure: :lol:

:lol:

:lol: :lol: Actually Some well meaning people who are clueless about amoutation have suggested this :blink: :o :unsure: :lol:

Mutations? :unsure:

but I do think that I am sometimes a somewhat unsympathetic parent. :unsure:

I know exactly what you mean Sue. I've been guilty of that same thing with my kids. :unsure: