Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
sarah.b

making progress

my daughter who is 16 for her homework has to do an auto biograghy.she chose to write our story .the year 2001 amputatation for her mum .it has its sad moments but the general message is how we have made it . how she sees me as the same old mum .she does write we are not as close as we used to be .but i think all amputees have to find themsel ves again .find your place .i am now going to work on being close to my children again .let myselfbe me again without all the are you ok do you want to sit down you know the you are handicapped .it has really touched me just how much she loves me for me .sometimes i think i am just a little bit wrapped up in what is happening to me .i promise beth your story has made me realize how much you need me and how much i love you .x x x :P

Hi Sarah,

thanks for sharing.

Having gone through such a traumatic 'event' we and our loved ones come out of it; at what seems at first different. But as time passes, as in the case of my family and I; we look back and 'see' how we've all worked together for us to reach a 'normality' level of our lives. We reflect on the highs and lows, but more importantly how we are still the same loving family we've always been. Without which, I would never have been able to achieve what I have.

You are very lucky to have a daughter who has not only shared your situation, but has been able to write about it.

she does write we are not as close as we used to be.

IMO, the fact that she has written about you and has let you read it; appears to me that you are both very close.

IMO, you should be proud of each other.

Best as ever

Steve