Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cassie T

Shane in the news again...

I'm sorry to hear about the surgery Shane. I know what you mean about the wheelchair I hate mine. It'll give you more time to admire and polish your hard won hardware and before you know it you'll be up and about again. :D

Let me first say congratulations Shane - that is amazing.

And sorry to hear about the achilles tendon.

Still - I bet that in a way it was worth it. The race sounds amazing.

Best wishes on surgery and future racing.

((((hugs)))) for you from Africa. Dare I say it?????

YOU'RE SUCH AN INSPIRATION !!!!

Way to go, Shane. Awesome, just awesome!

Hope you're doing ok with the injury. Yip, I can imagine how it must be hugely sucky at the moment.

Again, well done!

:D

Thanks again, everyone!! I know it's been a while, but I'll post some pics soon.

Update: Saw the Doc yesterday. Cast was removed, staples taken out, and a new blue cast was put on. He says everthing seems to be doing great. This cast will come off in 3 weeks and then I get a removable gadget to replace it. Still no idea when I'll be able to walk on it, though. He said it could be as long as 4 months. I'll ASSUME he's exagerating!! :D :P

Sounds like it's going well, Shane... hang in there and BE PATIENT. We want you back healthy enough to keep freaking us out with your "adventures!"

He said it could be as long as 4 months. I'll ASSUME he's exagerating!! :D :P

We'd expect no less from you, Shane.

:P

This whole achilles thing stinks. But, looking for a positive side, I had this thought :blink: :

Losing any part of your body is a life changing experience. Sometimes it's easier to focus on what's gone, rather than what's left. I have temporarily lost use of my one leg and it makes me realize how lucky I am to have it. No matter how much a person has lost, SOMETHING remains. We should cherish that something and realize how much tougher things could be without IT.

Having said that, I hope I don't go absolutely bananas before I can get out of this chair! :P :lol:

Guest bearlover

I agree shane...I learned a long time ago life is not fair..All we can do is fourge ahead..Hang in there! :)