Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
JohnnyV

Dancing Out Of The Dark at the ACA Convention

For those of you that were fortunate enough to make this years ACA convention in Atlanta on Saturday night, you may remember this. For those of you who missed it, we got to see this in person so we believe it already, but it is nice to be able to relive the experience by way of this story ! I hope that you enjoy it. ;)

Dancing Out Of The Dark

Video:

DarynKagan.com brings you the inspiring story of ballroom dancer George Velasquez. He still goes on to dance even after losing his leg. You have to see this video to believe it.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/b...bctid1114191271

That was super kool, THANKS Johnny

Your right Johnny... it was incredible watching George dance.. he has some incredible outlook on life doesn't he....

For those who aren't knowlegeable about George, he was a very talented professional dancer that lost his leg by a hit and run driver.. He has since that time, had an ongoing battle with osteomylitetis..it is causing him more and more of his body.. He has lost most of his fingers due to this, since his amputation..

So... to put things in perspective.. The fact that he dances like he does, is fantastic, the fact that he is using forearm crutches with not much of either hand is truly awesome.. The man has a lot of heart and sole...

Dancing out of the dark is the name of the screen play that was written about his life...

All of this information that I have, comes straight from George himself, ( we met and talked with him in Nashville for a long time) as he told it to Jon, Neal and I, or India Podsen, the author who wrote the book about him, and also converted everything to a screen play.