Heather Mills - Amputee Forum

I have received a few letters asking if I had heard from our friend Gil. I just called and talked to his son, and was told that Gil passed away from a very rapid lung cancer on July 3rd, this month.

His email address is; Gil@marshadavis.com

His son Brady says that this will only remain active for a short period of time.

Brady also went on to say that his Dad had asked him to let everyone know, but Brady was not sure how to get on the forum. I told him that I would do it for him. Brady said that Gil really enjoyed the comaradeship that the forum offered, and especially liked talking with everyone.

He will sincerely be missed.

Guest bearlover

:( Jim, thanks for letting us all know of this sad news. Gil will be missed this is a real shock. You take care too.

Jim, thank you for taking the time and trouble to find out about Gil, I for one really appreciate it. I will miss him immensely.

Jim, Thank you for letting us know about Gil..I had noticed that he hadn't been on here of late and was wondering why email hadn't been answered..

Also for the link to his email address for the others if they want it...

Brady, if you do happen to look in, our deepest condolences....

Eric had the honor of meeting him not too long ago..cherish those words of wisdom..... he was a very nice guy..

Gil, I am sure that you are in the beloved arms of Marcia again, in heaven..May you rest with the angels...

There is a Yiddish term, mensch , which literally means a human being. It is a very high compliment, meaning someone who is decent, down-to-earth, kind, and real. My friend Gil Davis was a real mensch. I will miss him.

Maryl

Jim, thank you for taking the time and trouble to find out about Gil, I for one really appreciate it. I will miss him immensely.

No trouble at all - but of course your welcome. Gil was my friend also - as he was with everyone else on this forum . He did make friends easily - or made it seem easy anyway :rolleyes: .

Oh, my... what a loss to the forum, and to the world at large! Gil was so genuine, with a wonderful spirit. I'll miss him greatly.

Thanks for letting us know, Jim..........

I am very sad to hear about Gil. He has given me support and advice when I have been quite low. He will be sadly missed.

Lisa

Thanks Jim for letting us know.....that such sad news.

:( I am so sad....Gil had so much wisdom & was such a gentle soul. Thanks Jim for the info.

What sad, sad news. I was concerned because he wasn't posting or emailing. I PM'd him a few days ago to let him know I missed hearing from him and that I hoped all was well. He will be genuinely missed. Though, as Tammie said, he is with his beloved wife.

Thanks for letting us know, Jim.

If his family should see this, Gil was a great strentgh in some of my most private hours. He will be missed greatly.

Skully Cat

I didn't even know he was sick! That is such sad news. He is with his wife now...

Damn... such sad news...

*sigh* We will all meet again, in some strange way. We can't see it from here, but I think I know.

ahem, wow I cant beleive it. Ive been trying to get a hold of him for the past two weeks. He had come down to see me the first week I had come back from the hospital. :( damn, ill miss him

I didn't know Gil, But I am sorry to hear about his passing. I did email him on Myspace like around the first week of July, and so I guess this is why he never answered. My thoughts, and prayers are with his family..

Such sad news Gil will be missed by all.

Raven

I thought I would remind everyone of this post that Gil posted on Dec 24 2006.

Get a grip on it! All of us on this forum are an inspiration to someone, simply because we're who we are and where we are. Those who chose to sit at home and never venture anything probably are not an inspiration to anyone.

I'm out in the public every day and have gotten more used to people coming up and telling me how "brave" I am. I don't really feel brave, but I quietly thank them and go on about my business.

He was not only an inspiration to everyone on this forum but truely to his family also and all those people he met which he mentioned in his post.