Contacts: Pat Isenberg

Amputee Coalition of America

865 524-0591 x 8104

Idan Sims

Sims & Associates, Inc

212 725-3838

PADDY ROSSBACH TO RETIRE NEXT YEAR AS PRESIDENT AND CEO

OF AMPUTEE COALITION OF AMERICA

Knoxville, TN, July XX, 2007?Paddy Rossbach, president and CEO of the Amputee Coalitioon of America (ACA) since 2002, will retire early next year, the Amputee Coalition board of directors announced today.

The Amputee Coalition of America, based in Knoxville, TN, is the leading national, non-profit, amputee consumer organization that empowers people who have experienced amputation or are born with limb differences through education support and advocacy. More than 1.9 million individuals are living with the loss or absence of a limb in the U.S.

“I have enjoyed more than ten wonderful years working in various capacities with members of the Amputee Coalition, supporters of our mission and the ACA’s staff and board, during which time we have achieved significant progress in educating, supporting and advocating on behalf of individuals with limb differences. Now it is time for someone with a new perspective to lead the Coalition to the next level,” said Ms. Rossbach.

“Paddy’s tenure as President/CEO of ACA is noteworthy for a pattern of continuous achievement and commitment to the organization’s mission,” said ACA Board Chairman, David McGill. “In her first year leading ACA she helped put the Coalition on firm financial footing. In addition, her passionate and tireless advocacy on behalf of those with limb loss enabled the ACA to initiate many significant new programs. Paddy oversaw the implementation of the Action Plan for People with Limb Loss, a national campaign that has resulted in 7 states passing legislation requiring health insurers to provide adequate prosthetic coverage, and an additional 28 states in play. In addition, she was instrumental in forging a relationship with the Department of Defense that resulted in a Military Amputee Peer Visitation program and a publication designed specifically for America’s returning wounded warriors. She also oversaw the creation and expansion of the ACA’s annual Summer Youth Camp for children with limb loss.”

“Under Paddy’s leadership, the Amputee Coalition also established productive partnerships with health care and advocacy organizations, the medical community, and prosthetic manufacturers for the benefit of all amputees.”

We look forward to Paddy continuing to provide important contributions to ACA in a different capacity even after moving on to the next stage of her life,” said Mr. McGill.

Ms. Rossbach, 69, is a registered nurse. As a child in England, she lost a leg when struck by a military truck. She has specialized in educating, supporting and advocating for individuals of all ages who have either had a limb(s) amputated or were born with a limb difference. She co-founded and is the President of ASPIRE, Inc., a nonprofit organization known for its work encouraging young amputees to be active through sports. She has spoken extensively nationally and internationally on all aspects of living well with an amputation. She has consulted for the Landmine Survivors Network, traveling to their network countries and teaching outreach workers about peer visitation.

The Amputee Coalition of America’s membership includes individual amputees, amputee educational and support groups, family members and friends of amputees, physicians and other health care and rehabilitation professionals, prosthetists, amputation or limb loss related agencies and other organizations.

Wow.......

It's hard to imagine the ACA without her in the lead.. Wonder who they will elect/appoint next. Also, I sure didn't think that Paddy was that age. You would NEVER know it watching her on a dance floor...

Hope the next president has as much heart and belief in what they are doing as she does...

I had the pleasure of meeting Paddy. Her drive and prescence is hard to resist....she kind of sucks you in with her enthusiasm.

I'm sure she will be missed........I might ask Mel to put in for the job :lol:

It's hard to imagine anyone being able to fill those shoes. She is one of the most enthusiastic people I've ever met. I would never have guessed her age to be 69. When she ran the 5K in Minneapolis, she won in the women's division.

I wish her well.

It's hard to imagine anyone being able to fill those shoes. She is one of the most enthusiastic people I've ever met. I would never have guessed her age to be 69.

I wish her well.

Ditto!