Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
clearcna27

An amputee job

Hey guys,

How is everything? I hope you guys are doing good. I know I haven't been on posting lately, but I haven't had time, and the computer I was around was my step dad, and he don't like other people on it, so I tried to stay off of it. The family is doing good, and we are looking for a place to live in OKC.. I also wanted to share my good news with you all. I got a job offer at Sabolich working as a tech making prosthetic legs. They want me to start ASAP, but I also want to give my job a 2 weeks notice. I will be working there on my days off from my job. I am so excited about this opportunity. I interned there yesterday, and had alot of fun, and learned alot of new things. I got to go to lunch with the tech team, and I will also be my CP's tech, so how kool is that? Well I need to get going, and get in the shower, so I will talk to you all later today. Have a good day...

P.S.

Pics of my new leg I got yesterday is also included.. It is a side by side pic of my new leg, and my old leg..

Hey guys,

How is everything? I hope you guys are doing good. I know I haven't been on posting lately, but I haven't had time, and the computer I was around was my step dad, and he don't like other people on it, so I tried to stay off of it. The family is doing good, and we are looking for a place to live in OKC.. I also wanted to share my good news with you all. I got a job offer at Sabolich working as a tech making prosthetic legs. They want me to start ASAP, but I also want to give my job a 2 weeks notice. I will be working there on my days off from my job. I am so excited about this opportunity. I interned there yesterday, and had alot of fun, and learned alot of new things. I got to go to lunch with the tech team, and I will also be my CP's tech, so how kool is that? Well I need to get going, and get in the shower, so I will talk to you all later today. Have a good day...

P.S.

Pics of my new leg I got yesterday is also included.. It is a side by side pic of my new leg, and my old leg..

Baby,

I am so glad god has open this big chance to further you education and learn how the legs and things are made. The good thing is moms is closer for you to drive till we find a place. I do know god is watching over us and will be right there to help us find a place closer. Its a good job i am glad you have decided to take it

Sam, that's seriously cool news... congratulations!

Samuel, I would love to work as a techie back in the shop at my prosthetists!! Congrats!

What does it say on your leg? I'm not able to see it well enough to read it!

Samuel, I would love to work as a techie back in the shop at my prosthetists!! Congrats!

What does it say on your leg? I'm not able to see it well enough to read it!

It says Nate, It is my sons nickname.

Thanks guys! I am so excited to do this job. I feel God has blessed me, and am thankful he has opened this door for me.

Thanks guys! I am so excited to do this job. I feel God has blessed me, and am thankful he has opened this door for me.

I completely agree with you

You know Sam, I have always believed that I am "guided" and "directed" on where to go and what to do, in the most things - maybe all of them, who knows. One doesn't have to be overly religious to think this way - just spiritual. There is a difference.

People ask me what I'm going to do next month, week or day, and I just tell them: "I don't know - I haven't been told yet". My head tells me what to do next, and unless something comes along to make it feel not right, that's what I do. I go where I am led.

All I know right now, is that I am where I am supposed to be - doing what I am supposed to be doing. AND.....I believe that you are also.

You are being looked out after. I know these things. :lol:

"Samual" that is just way too COOL.....I know you will have every leg imaginable...and I would also.

I am so proud of you.

:D

ann

Guest bearlover

WOW go sam! Cool news indeed! You will be able to relate to people being a amputee yourself. Congratulation!! You Rock! :)

Congratulations Samuel - that sounds like just the right job for you. Good Luck with finding somewhere to live now.

Sue

Congratulations Sam. That sounds like a great opportunity. I knew they were looking for techs. I would be interested, but I don't want to move to OKC.

I'll be there on Monday afternoon to test my new socket. I hope it fits well.

Sounds like a great opportunity, Sam. Congratulations!

Nice one :D Good luck, it seems like that you want to do so hopefully it all goes well. I might see you some day in the clinics :D

That is so awsome! Congrats!! You will do awsome!

Thanx guys for all your support. I am nervous about starting a new job. I know it is for the best.. This is the thing that I need to get in to what I want to do in life, so it is a start.. Thanks to you all! Thanks for the love and support..

Sounds like a great job, and a great way to learn.

Can you give more details - what exactly are you doing, what materials are you working with, etc?

Good question Austin,

Well I will be shaping, covering, and coloring prosthetics. I am not certified yet, so this is a huge step in my career, as for what I am doing right now.. I will be starting officially on the 22nd..