Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
LauraG

Prosthesis or Crutches?

51 members have voted

1. 1. Prosthesis or Crutches?

• Prosthesis
    • Crutches

Lisa,

I get that as well, but only if I wear my liners and not the legs. When I put the liners on first thing my stumps throb like mad until I put my legs on.

When my stumpy throbs, it usually means that I have too many socks on. If I remove one, the throbbing usually goes away. An easy way to test that is to remove your leg. If the throbbing stops, it usually means you are cramming a too big stumpy into too small a socket.

Hi Neal

Unfortunately my leg throbs all the time! When I am at home and sat down it's just more comfortable for me to take the leg off and rest it on my wheelchair. My phantome limb pain seems to come from behind the stump but is actually my foot being twisted (if that makes sense). I know that it is the phantom limb pain and not the fit of the leg or the amount of stump socks that I wear.

Lisa

Jim Gil, you would need to talk to Judyh about knee things, the one she showed me was very good and didn't take up much room.

I am getting more dense (Don't anyone blame it on age), not to think of our good friend Judy H, and her invention.

For others looking for a quick temporay subsitute for their prosthetic BKA leg, this to me is the solution. You can find this at.

www.walker-buddy.com

(Pssssst: Tell her that Jim - and Sparky sent you .)

Judy's invention is so simple and practical that it's positively elegant! I've had a Walker-Buddy for some time now... it's not something for long-term/long-distance use, but BOY! does it come in handy for short (figuative) hops around the house... and it's very reassuring to know that I have a way of getting around, short-term, if I ever find myseslf unable to wear my leg.

They should have had one when I was a brand-new amp in rehab... I would have been able to go back home sooner, and I would have avoided much of the upper-body strain that did in my vision.