Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Cathryes

Hi, New to the forum and figure I should introduce myself

Hi

My story:

I’m a 33 year old bi-lateral amputee. At the age of 2 and due to the severity of the burns I had to have both legs amputated below the knee at the age of 17. I’ve had poor fitting prosthetics for over 6 years and just got a good fitting set just a few months ago. I’ve also moved to Spokane, WA. to get ABC certified as a Orthotics and prosthetics tech.

I’ve been looking for a forum like this for awhile and its great to be able to talk to others that have an idea what I’m been though and going though.

Garrett

I recently joined this group myself. It is a wonderful forum for information, support and help. Glad you are here to join us. Don't be shy, ask away...and someone will answer....Post information and someone will be appreciative...Share your frustrations and your happiness and we will listen...WELCOME!

Hi, Garrett, and welcome! This is, indeed, a good group of folks who are helpful, supportive, understanding... and just a little crazy. :D I'm still fairly new at this... I lost my left leg BK just over 2 1/2 years ago. I didn't stumble in here until just about a year after my amp, and I was so happy to find a place where I didn't have to explain the entire "amputee thing" to everyone! It really is true that some aspects of this life can only be really understood by another amputee.

Jump right in with your questions, comments, and whatever... we're glad to have you here!

Welcome to the forum Garrett. It's nice to know we have a future O&P person with us. There are a couple of others on here as well.

I'm a LBK since 2002 due to an 18 year old girl using a cell phone while driving. :glare:

Make yourself at home. :)

We are so glad you have joined us...we all learn alot from each other and also have a good time one

this forum.

Welcome :P

Hello Garrett

I'm the old man of the group as far as I know - until someone else speaks up But that's cool. I'm definitely not the longest amputee though. Mine has only been 19 years. I'm a Right BKA due to the hospital "fixing" my circulation.

No, I don't understand what YOU have been through, but like the rest can come close in some areas - and do understand after all. We all have our own stories to tell..... but none more - or less - important than the other. It's amazing how different we all are, but how our stories overlap.

Welcome aboard.

Guest bearlover

Hello Garrett! and welcome, Happy you found us..I'm a LBK for 4 years now due to a birth defect. Its great you will be a prosthetist and you have a personal experience..Good luck with that! Again welcome abord! :)

G'day Garrett and welcome to our little "home"

Welcome Garrett, I am also a tech. I am a LBK. I am glad you have joined this group, I am new to the group as well. I lost my leg at the age of 3 due to gunshot accident. SO WELCOME!

hiya babe, glad you found us, I don't post very often but I'm always nosing around. Take care xx

welcome :D

Hi Garret,

Welcome to the group. It is a great and supportive group of great people. I'm sorry I a tad late in saying welcome, but I teach in a University and have survived my first two weeks of semester.

I am a RBK from a traffic accident last November.

Peace, Beth Marie

Hi Garrett, welcome to the forum, hope you make yourself at home.

Love the new avatar Sparky :P

Yes Sparky, very cool. It looks like the ones I used to hand feed to my 8 1/2ft. python when it was young. It outgrew mice and rats so I had to raise chickens, but chickens are messy animals so I sold the snake to the Zoo. At first I thought it was "giving me the finger" which I probly deserve anyway since so many died in my hands.

HELLO, welcome

Love the new avatar Sparky :P

At first I thought it was "giving me the finger"

Dave, the thought accured to me as well. Go away on your holidays and come back to something the 'Cat' dragged in. :P

Go away on your holidays and come back to something the 'Cat' dragged in. :P

:P

Hope you had a good holiday.....welcome back :)

welcome to the group I hope that you find everything you are looking for here and then some it really is a great group and you might consider kansas as a great relocation place once you are done with your training I know we could use someone like Elliot here to help out

Welcome and good luck