Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Stormy1952

Ditch and Run

My name is Liz Haggard. This whole mess started in 2004 with me having to have my right knee replaceed after having it replaced several years before. I was living with my boy friend of the time tyring to help him with his epilepsy. I knew he was smoking weed but I didn't know he was using Meth. Well on this particular day my boy friend and I had been fighting about not a darn thing. I in turn had to go to my family doctor here in town to get my leg checked and x-rayed. I went home to pick him up so he could be in the vehicle with me when I got the shot the office had sent me to get at the hospital. He went with me but I drove back to the dr office to wait to see if I had to go to my orthopedic in Hot Springs, AR. Well I didn't. When we left the doctors office he beat me back to my Jeep and dedrove us home. But little did I know that he had been plotting what is fixing to happen for a while. We (and I still do) live in an apt. complex with two deep ditches on either side of the drive way. When we get to the driveway he heads straight for it. The last thing I remember seeing was the edge of the ditch. When I can too I was being put on the x-ray table at our hospital here. I had hit my right side of my head. my right hand but I didn't know about the leg yet because they waited till the next day to x-ray it after they had taken the brace off of it. They didn't want to give me anything for pain. I said no meds no x-rays. They finally got it x-rays and ship me to Hot Springs. They had to move me sheets and all. There was that much pain. In the ambulance I asked to see the x-rays and they told me I wouldn't be able to see them good back there. Bull S..T. I was an Emergency Medical Technition for 8 years I knew what I was looking at. After they got me to the hospital they got me ready for surgery and my doctor (who I found out lied to me) came and told me he couldn't fix the leg. So I told him to amputate my right leg above the knee. His collegues came in and told me the same story. And then the psychiatrist came in wanting to know what I told the dr and I told him. I told him to cut it off because when I die I will be whole in heaven. So they did. They night of the surgery the boyfriend came to see if they had cut if off and they had. Forgot to tell you he didn't stay up there with me. The next day he came up there and told me he had a sruprise for me. When I got home he was moving out. I have forgiven this man for what he has done to me. It is now God's job to deal with him.

Alcoholics Anonymous has a saying. It is: LET GO - LET GOD.

It sounds like you've already done that as far as your ??boyfriend?? (emphasis on the "boy")

Now, it sounds to me like you've got a whole life to put back together. And this my friend is the best place to start - along with a few others, but that isn't my department....this is.

There are an awful lot of good women on this site, who I'm sure could identify with some (if not most) of what you are saying and could be of tremendous help. Don't hesitate to reach out to them.

In the meantime, welcome to the "club". Your in the right place.

Guest bearlover

Welcome to the board..Happy you joined us..Let me say your much better off with out the hmmm... ....Jerk you were with. He had a boat loard of problems and too much for you to handle alone. It could not have been true love or he would not left over a leg being amputated. I quess he showed his true colors..I hope you have moved on and have tried to forget this awful experience. When I had to have my leg amputated after a birth defect and many years of operations, braces, cast, pins, rods, you name it I developed a major bone infectiom..Anyway the butt head Dr. Looked right at my wonderful husband of 7 years at the time and asked him "are you going to divorce her when I take her leg off" :blink: we were both stunned :o by the comment. B jst said " What kind of a man do you think Iam? I love my wifr not a body part" He has told me that people who leave in a situation like this never really loved that person to begin with. ANd he has a vslid point..true love is not measured by our body parts or what we have or lack. It is indeed what is inside the heart and mind. You say this guy used drugs, and has epilepsy?el not the brightest crayon in the box. Did you stay with him through his his epilepsy it sounds like it..Perhaps you gave all and he took and gave you nothing in return... You will find someone who is deserving of all you have to offer..It takes time but give it time..And like you said God will deal with him some day, Hang in there!

G'day Stormy and welcome.

Hi Stormy. Welcome to the forum :)

Hi, Stormy, and welcome to the Forum!

Just wanted to say Hi and welcome - we're a very friendly bunch.

Sue

Welcome to the forum Stormy..

You will find good company and just about any advice you might need. You are among friends..

Hi honey, nice to see you on here, hope you stay with us :)

Welcome stormy!

You are so much better off without that "man" in your life. Like bear said, you need someone who loves you for you, not because you have a leg or not.

Hi Stormy.

Welcome firstly.

I can kinda understand what you have been through although my story is slightly diff. I had a motorbike accident 5 yrs ago, shed loads of failed surgery and opted to have my leg removed last yr. 3 wks before my amputation my husband was finding it increasingly difficult to cope and left. He returned 2 days before surgery but then proceeded to leave 1 wk after. Things are tough but beleive me they do get easier. I wish you all the luck in the world.

Guest bearlover

Stormy, hang tight things will get better, everything may seem grey now but with time things will get better. Focus on your self first..and get yourself better first. Some day you look back at all this and see what a jerk this person really was.

That's great that you're able to forgive him - must be a hard thing to do.

Not really Austin. I am a Christian and I do whatever the Bible tells me to do. It tells me to love my enemies I love them. But most of all it tells me to forgive peoplel who have hurt me so that I might be forgiven. Liz

I'm impressed. Someone who actually practices what they preach. Not enitrely rare, but not all that common any more either - unfortunatly. Very good.

Guest bearlover
I'm impressed. Someone who actually practices what they preach. Not enitrely rare, but not all that common any more either - unfortunatly. Very good.

I agree but to me some things are unforgetable.

I agree but to me some things are unforgetable.

I don't even have nightmares about the wreck. God has blocked all the bad memories out because the last thing I remember seeing was the edge of the driveway. Then I was in guess you culd say I had a bad concussion. And I thank him for that and being there for me in my time of need.

Liz

Welcome :D