Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Pixy

Terry Fox run

Well Today is the Terry Fox run in my area. Usually I take part as Terry's team but this year I was not invited to speak or they just forgot. I'm 21 so it really doens't matter anymore. What does matter is going and taking part and donating.

As you all know I lost my leg to the same cancer as Terry Fox so the run does have special meaning to me. I love how one of my countries greatest heros is an amputee. I think that legacy is an inspiration to not only amputees but anyone. Of course not all of us can run a marathon a day but Terry showed the world that Amputees are individuals with as much strength and courage as anyone else.

As silly as it is I like to think that the knowledge gained from Terry and the reaserch the Foundation has supported helped save my life 15.

So Thank you Terry Fox and all those who fight the good fight.

Not to sound like a solisitor but Runs are taking place world wide over the next few days and if you can't make one I think you can donate on their website.

Thanks for the reminder, Pixy... not silly at ALL! Terry Fox was the first "super-amp" I was ever aware of... because of my experience when I was nine, and they thought for a time that I might lose my leg, I had an interest in how amputees got on with their lives (which came in mighty handy 40 years later!), and he was quite a role model!

goodness I didn't mean to sound like a jerk or anything. Sorry I'll just delete it, at the time it sounded like a good thing to add but it does sound rude having re-read it.

goodness I didn't mean to sound like a jerk or anything. Sorry I'll just delete it, at the time it sounded like a good thing to add but it does sound rude having re-read it.

It read fine to me Pixy :)

Oh, Pixy, please don't have it deleted...! Jim has a rather "dry" sense of humor is all... and I think it's good to remind folks. If we don't support "our pwn," after all, who's going to?

Guest bearlover
Oh, Pixy, please don't have it deleted...! Jim has a rather "dry" sense of humor is all... and I think it's good to remind folks. If we don't support "our pwn," after all, who's going to?

To each our own..Some people can be over senstive at times.

To each our own..Some people can be over senstive at times.

What does that mean?

You didn't sound like a jerk at all. I liked your post.

Guest bearlover

No she did not sound like a jerk..I just meant she should not be concerned what othes feel or say about something, that's all.

Pixy - I have never thought of you or your posts as a "jerk". I apologize if that was interpreted that way.

I took no exception to your very fine post.......only the last line. If I had meant more, then I would have quoted more. I never mean any more - or less - than what I say.......or infer - ever.

You are a fine assest to this forum, and I would never question your sincerity.