Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
eag

HANGERS!!

:P I don't remember where it was we were talking about my prosthesis being so badly fitted, but anywhat just had to let you all know I have received two calls from the prosthesist. (sp) They are going to make me a new one AND ordered me a new foot the correct size.

Isn't that wonderful :excl::excl:

Guess maybe my hubby was correct is saying if the wheel squeaks loudly enough you will get some action. Will keep you filled in on what the future holds.

That's wonderful news! I am so happy for you!! Please keep us posted on your progress...

Ann, that's fabulous! You've gone through this for so long... I'm thrilled that your "advocating" for yourself is paying off!

Good for you! :D :D

ALL RIGHT ANN!!!!! :D :D

I'm glad that things came out so well for you in such good time.....(actually I was afraid it might take longer)

Next time I need a letter written, I'm going to have you do it.... :P

Good Luck with the new leg... keep us updated on the happenings ok..

Job well done...

Guess maybe my hubby was correct is saying if the wheel squeaks loudly enough you will get some action. Will keep you filled in on what the future holds.

Your husband was absolutely correct. I've always heard it: "THE SQUEAKING WHEEEL GETS THE OIL"

That is so true. To continue the metaphor - The other wheels don't get oiled because they aren't squeaking - just quietly complaining to others.

I am a firm believer, that complaining to your friend - or the world in general, about a problem doesn't do any good, but get it off of your chest. If you want action, then complain to the person in charge, who caused the problem to begin with. Go right to the source.

It's called "speaking up", and it sounds like you did a good job of it. Congratulations.

Ann, I agree wholeheartly with jim and everyone else. My last leg didn't fit properly and I also found out that I also needed surgery to correctly reattach the nerve that was causing me so much pain. It felt fine when I was walking, but when I was driving I was in some pain. Surgery and refitting my leg help like you wouldn't believe. I had to really get my point across before Dennis, then I called the boss and let him have it and that I start going to another, since I was not getting satifaction there. Worked like a charm, no more issues, even though it took 4 sessions for them to get it right. my 2 cents, LMAO :D :D Jerry

Good news, Ann. :) Onward and upward.

I'm glad it's being sorted - hope there are no more problems.

Sue

Ann, this is great news!! I've been wondering how you were doing with all that. Make sure you tell them every issue you have with the socket at each fitting. Walk around the office for a bit in the test socket. Beg them to let you take the test socket home a week before they make the final, definitive socket!

When i first started out on this particular journey, I had no clue what to expect, what things should feel like and what I should be saying to my prosthetist. Time and experience helps us to deal with the crutial fitting procedures.

Keep us apprised as to how it is going!

Ann, this is great news!! I've been wondering how you were doing with all that. Make sure you tell them every issue you have with the socket at each fitting. Walk around the office for a bit in the test socket. Beg them to let you take the test socket home a week before they make the final, definitive socket!

When i first started out on this particular journey, I had no clue what to expect, what things should feel like and what I should be saying to my prosthetist. Time and experience helps us to deal with the crutial fitting procedures.

Keep us apprised as to how it is going!

AMEN!!! LOL.